Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negan

Adam El Abd (Merged)

It's on Sky Sports:

• 15:24
    We are hearing Brighton defender Adam El-Abd is in talks with Bristol City over a possible move to Ashton Gate. Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill is keen to bolster his defence options and has lined up a deal for El-Abd.

We could run out to The Bangles if he signs.

Roger Red Hat will be happy too......

Maybe Cotteril has already seen enough of fontaine to realise he isn't up to it? Had a shocker of a second half Tuesday and his confidence looked shot again.

Couldn't end as bad as the last Egyptian we tried to sign!

Surprised we are in for another CB though. Perhaps Fontaine has been used as a bit of a stop gap or now Carey has the record he's going to be taking a back seat for the rest his playing contract.

Is he a RB? Only 5 11. Maybe cotts is planning to play him RWB instead of Waggy?

Looks a big lump though

BeHKLY6IcAAifyo.jpg

Is he a RB? Only 5 11. Maybe cotts is planning to play him RWB instead of Waggy?

Looks a big lump though

BeHKLY6IcAAifyo.jpg

Crikey more chance of Aden Flint playing Right wing back!

El Abd is a very tough and physical centre half

Who will be making way for him then?

Osborne?

Flint?

Williams?

Osborne?

Flint?

Williams?

Not necessarily any? Fonts may be off? Leaving us with Carey or Wilson/Brundle who may not be able to play week in week out/be good enough should we get injuries/suspensions.

On the Brighton forum they describe as a nasty type of player who winds up the opposition.

Not sure we have that here.

Exactly what we need. Someone with the passion like Shaun Derry/Joey Barton/Clint Hill to get in the oppositions faces

He was good when we played them last year, dominated the defence.

What are you on about? We had stead deliberately doing a job on upson last season just so the Kusazc (Ex man-U keeper spelling woeful) would pass the ball out to him. 

He was awful on the ball.

29 years old... good age for a central defender but makes me wonder how we're going to be stable if we bring in too many players who have already or are already passing their peak?

I'm sure we'll get 4 years out of him which is good but if he pushes Flint out then we lose a player who is only 24 and had a lot of room to improve.

I'm very torn with this signing, good for quick stability if he performs but if he's no better than Flint but plays it makes me think we're trading off a younger player against an older one.

I guess time will tell.

What are you on about? We had stead deliberately doing a job on upson last season just so the Kusazc (Ex man-U keeper spelling woeful) would pass the ball out to him. 

He was awful on the ball.

Did we score? 

(thinking about it we didn't really score that much anyway, so ignore me...)

Wasnt he the one with the awful attitude, fouling our players all game, in the refs face?

Even the Brighton fans warned us about him pre match.

Seemed like a **** but bring him in I guess.

Osborne?

Flint?

Williams?

On the face of it a puzzling signing, with Carey, Fontaine, Brundle and even Wilson also available.

Osborne's just signed permanently, Flint will have impressed Cotterill and is improving all the time. 

Makes you wonder if perhaps there's some interest in Williams?  :dunno:

if he did come in, i cant imagine it would be as back up coming from a championship club. who's place would he take given how well our back 3 have been performing together?

Quick someone go through the Brighton forums and paste some quotes about how bad he is and they are delighted to be rid of him....

It's just not otib without it