IGNORED

Adam El Abd (Merged)

Negan

Gotta admit before Nov flint had made too many mistakes for my liking but has improved since cotts has been here . Think flint will be on the bench more often now

I think it's a good signing but really hope we offload a few of our CBS now . Don't think Carey will add many to his record although interestingly enough as hhe even been on the bench since then ?

Alright chaps. Brighton fan here.

You have yourself a really great lad in AEA. You'll love him - a proper old fashioned centre half and the most improved player I have EVER seen at the Albion.

His winding up of opposition forwards is legendary!

Cheers mate, hopefully exactly what we need. Most just query the length of the contract not his ability.

Expect Fontaine and Wilson to leave now, and Carey to take a back seat, leaving Brundle to be able to fight for first team.

Thenthe CBs would be:

Osborne, Flint,Williams, EL-Abd, Brundle, Carey(taking a back seat)

That would of course be the ideal scenario.

Although shifting Wilson and Fontaine (both of which still on contracts given to them when we were in The Championship), as we have seen in many other examples will be easier said than done.

No probs. Any questions just ask!

Was it a shock that he left, or has it been looking likely as he was being kept out of the team by others. I just seen that he made his 300th appearance for you on 11th Jan (90 minute sub). Just seems a bit strange, but I'm happy as he sounds just what we need.

Alright chaps. Brighton fan here.

You have yourself a really great lad in AEA. You'll love him - a proper old fashioned centre half and the most improved player I have EVER seen at the Albion.

His winding up of opposition forwards is legendary!

Cheers, your forum seem to rate him highly.

The name strikes out as a big signing for us, but some of the doughnuts on here are already put off by him because of his age.

We don't know how much he was on at BHA. Like I said this guy knew about the transfer before anyone else did. He may be right on everything hes said

That wasn't my point, I doubt he will doubling his money dropping down into league one. As he wanted to play games it's more than he's on the same or less money.

Was it a shock that he left, or has it been looking likely as he was being kept out of the team by others. I just seen that he made his 300th appearance for you on 11th Jan (90 minute sub). Just seems a bit strange, but I'm happy as he sounds just what we need.

I think we are looking to push for the Premier League and seem to be letting the League One winning team of a couple of years ago leave bit by bit. Ashley Barnes left last week too.

We already have two 30 something central defenders in Upson and Greer and I think we'll be looking to bring in someone younger to replace AEA.

A bit surprised he has gone - he's one of those players you just expect to see out his career at the club.

Any idea why he has moved to us at this stage in his career after being a "one club man" for so long??

Also, any truth in a bust up with your coach Nathan Jones?

I'd imagine the Jones thing is Twitter bo**ocks!

I guess he wants to play every week which when our squad is fully fit (not often these days) he won't.

How one footed is he? I hope he's not able to play LCB as Williams has been great. Only thing I can think of without changing the 352/532 is putting Osbourne RB instead of Maloney (Who I rate quite highly) and then Adam going RCB? Any other ideas as to how this could work or how it should work

and we have paid a fee too, that's money we will never see back as he will be 33 by the time he is out-of-contract. I've been deliighted with Cotts, but this signing seems to be back to the bad old days of throwing away money - be interesting to see who out of Williams, Flint & Osborne is dropped for him...

But what would be the cost of another relegation? Say he helps to save us this year then perhaps next season we will seriously be looking at promotion, would he be worth the financial outlay then?

Hopefully he would pass on his experience to our younger players too, and also often having players like him will attract other players to sign too. It's not all about what's left to sell at the end.

Has there been any talk of Upson or Greer leaving? Seeing as you are trying to bring through a new generation of players, to push into the premier league, and they are not getting any younger.

Not that we know of. Saying that there was no talk about AEA leaving until about 3 hours ago!

Archived