IGNORED

It Is Me! The Mighty Bristol City Vs The Franchise Match Thread

You Do The Dziekanowski

Considering the abissmal first half, 2-2 is a fair result.

Positives from the game= we have the ability to come back when a thrashing is staring us in the face.

Negatives= We really must start taking the chances and getting the other team on the back foot, if not it will be another close run thing.

Game in hand is now crucial to win.

Poor result. Very dissapointing.

Looking more and more likely we'll be playing in league 2 next season.

Obviously wanted a win, but MK were in pretty good form, sounds like a decent match, and um, have you looked at the table? Hardly certainly down yet?

Thanks for the abuse and right back at you, you little runt of a person.

How is it not a poor result? 2 points dropped at home with the top 3 all away from home coming up next. We really needed the win today.

Everyone will have to play them eventuallly. Drawing to many games, but rather fancy our season will turn more on the Feb fixtures than the Jan ones. No reason not fo feel confident looking at that run of games. I hope.

Everyone will have to play them eventuallly. Drawing to many games, but rather fancy our season will turn more on the Feb fixtures than the Jan ones. No reason not fo feel confident looking at that run of games. I hope.

After first half feels like a win for me !

Remember Shanks words "NEVER underestimate the value of a home point."

We would have been 4-0 down, with a stupid question..

And a long interview of sniffing and processes, structures etc and "getting it right".

God they were depressing days under him.

Cotterill's team has more fight yet it's the same players! Goes to show where the problem was.

And a long interview of sniffing and processes, structures etc and "getting it right".

Cotterill's team has more fight yet it's the same players! Goes to show where the problem was.

And are the results significantly better?

To put the game into perspective from my side of the fence....My son stayed till the 85th minute.....a few weeks ago he would of been on the piss at half time in bs3........things are looking up !

You reckon cotterill's keeping him out of the pubs, then? Can't be bad ;)

Ummm...still to small a sample I guess, but nine points from last five. Its just so tight at the bottom. For us more than most it has been tight margins. 12 draws and 8 losses by an odd goal. Feb will tell us whether we are going to be fine, or deep in the brown stuff. The rest of this month, points are a bonus.

Yes.

Sheffield Utd home to me was the lowest point reached in years in terms of football, atmosphere, result , everything.

Took my brother to Watford home and he hasn't been for ages (on account of serving in the Israeli Army!) and he noted the first 20 mins he saw better passing and football from City than he saw in any game under the last guy.

Strange Cotterill came with a reputation of hoofball. O'Driscoll came with a passing football reputation and it's Cotts who has actually brought the exciting football while the other guy brought shite.

I'm thrilled with a point today given where we were.

Ummm...still to small a sample I guess, but nine points from last five. Its just so tight at the bottom. For us more than most it has been tight margins. 12 draws and 8 losses by an odd goal. Feb will tell us whether we are going to be fine, or deep in the brown stuff. The rest of this month, points are a bonus.

Exactly my point. I think and hope that Steve Cotterill will do a good job, but we still don't have the evidence yet.

Of course, he sniffles less than O'Driscoll, but you'd have to be a bit dim to think that really mattered much.

Yes.

Sheffield Utd home to me was the lowest point reached in years in terms of football, atmosphere, result , everything.

Took my brother to Watford home and he hasn't been for ages (on account of serving in the Israeli Army!) and he noted the first 20 mins he saw better passing and football from City than he saw in any game under the last guy.

Strange Cotterill came with a reputation of hoofball. O'Driscoll came with a passing football reputation and it's Cotts who has actually brought the exciting football while the other guy brought shite.

I'm thrilled with a point today given where we were.

Errrrr, that'll be because he hasn't been for ages, wouldn't it? How could he have seen what the last guy was producing?

so how did El Abd look?

He got caught out a couple of times and was done by a long ball for their first goal. But he looked okay never shut up the whole game he was always barking instructions at Parish the defence and midfield. He's fairly tidy on the ball and a no nonese type of defender. He's only been here a few days so he'll get better.

Indeed it does. O Drosscoll left this club in a ****** great hole. His relentless negativity and bigging up of ANY opposition left City in the equivalent of the Mariana Trench. Hes not missed, neither is his cheerless demeanor and the stupid question to look at league tables mentality.

Now Steve Cotterill has to try and get it out of the trench created. Its looking better, a LOT better, BUT its not a certainty for City to escape. But we now know, City will put up a considerable fight to avoid the drop, unlike O Drosscolls utter shambles.

Today is both two points dropped, and a good point earned.

We cannot play like we did 1st half many more times. We HAVE to put the chances away we get offered. We have to defend better.

The second half performance is what we need to see for 90 minutes.

Baldock (and others missed sitter first half, and second half too) Baldock also redeemed himself 2nd half-give credit where its due.

If we play like we did 2nd half, harry, hassle, get in their faces, attack whenever we can, defend for our lives if we need to. Finally cut out the silly defensive errors and for ***** sake be more clinical all round to give us a chance of avoiding the drop, which is there in the team.

And most of all for the fans: GET BEHIND THE TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. They are fighting for survival, we need to back them up.

Come on you Reds, onwards and upwards.

I have to admit i thoroughly enjoyed todays game.

Old Yawn O'Driscoll would have had a heart attack watching that.

We'll play worse and win.

And we'll play better and lose. That's the way of it.

Having said that, you're right about the entertainment value. That is the one area where Cotterill is light years ahead. It is important, although not as important as the results.

I do wonder, though, whether people would be any more happy if we went down playing attractive football than if we bored our way into the Fourth Division.

Archived