IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

How frustrating was he today? Scores two in the second half to rescue us a point and takes his tally to 15(?) for the season.

Yet part of me feels he cost us two points today! Misses an open goal and 2 clear one on ones.

He's got the ability but he does miss some absolute sitters!

Well if he finished better than he did, he wouldn't be a league 1 striker would he?  He seems to have good effort and approach to the game, if he had the lot he wouldn't be here would he?!

Well on course for a 20+ season in a relegation threatened team

How frustrating was he today? Scores two in the second half to rescue us a point and takes his tally to 15(?) for the season.

Yet part of me feels he cost us two points today! Misses an open goal and 2 clear one on ones.

He's got the ability but he does miss some absolute sitters!

One on ones from an angle aren't sitters according to SC !  Will be working on that in training.

Very much reminds me of Tony Thorpe.

Had much more confidence in Thorpe. Far more natural finisher.

Having said that, I've always been of the opinion that if a striker scores he's pretty much done his job.

Baldock is frustrating but goal tally so far is as much as anyone could have asked of him.

A testament to the team I think, as a natural finisher he is not. (IMO).

Well if he finished better than he did, he wouldn't be a league 1 striker would he? He seems to have good effort and approach to the game, if he had the lot he wouldn't be here would he?!

Well on course for a 20+ season in a relegation threatened team

Classic response from someone who wasn't there. If you were, you'd agree that he cost us points today. And I say that as a complement as I know you aint stupid.

Had much more confidence in Thorpe. Far more natural finisher.

Having said that, I've always been of the opinion that if a striker scores he's pretty much done his job.

Baldock is frustrating but goal tally so far is as much as anyone could have asked of him.

A testament to the team I think, as a natural finisher he is not. (IMO).

It is funny,lots of people say Thorpe was good,but the bloke never hit 20 league goals in a season for us once, even in what could be deemed as a very good team at the level it was at.

Another hugely overrated player by fans imo,   Another that you couldn't blame for the price tag, but often looked back at with roe tinted specs.

Amazing that there's a thread slagging off Baldock, and nothing about how utterly useless JET was. We may as well have played with 10 men until Burns and Barnett came on.

Perhaps if every other game SB didn't have to do the work of two people he'd get more. He worked his socks off in the second half, and Barnett did more in 30 seconds than JET did today.

Baldock clearly lacks a bit of confidence in the one on one situation, but he still got two goals which salvaged us a point today. I couldn't believe the two chumps behind me who booed him off at half time. Embarassing.

Funny how Baldock is lamented for his lack of putting chances away, and what's he on now? 15 or something? Well on course for 20+.

If we didn't concede so many, we'd be top half. The goals we conceded today were so soft, and that's why we dropped 2 points today.

I thought his confidence looked shot towards the end of the second half. Fair play whatever cots said at half time worked, he scored the hardest one on one he had! If Sam can improve his finishing he will be a very good striker, he is brilliant at getting in the positions. Jet was awful today, missed the easiest chance of all.

Classic response from someone who wasn't there. If you were, you'd agree that he cost us points today. And I say that as a complement as I know you aint stupid.

I don't need to be at the game to know the type of finisher Baldock is.  he is a scorer of goals, he is not a good finisher. If i am there to witness it or not it matters not. If he hadn't scored 2 we would have lost 2-0, if he had scored the ones he missed we could of won, if MK dons had scored 2 sitters they missed we could have lost, it matters not, he scored 2 goals,if he hadn't we would have  lost 2-0. So he may have actually got us a point.

I don't need to be at the game to know the type of finisher Baldock is.  he is a scorer of goals, he is not a good finisher. If i am there to witness it or not it matters not. If he hadn't scored 2 we would have lost 2-0, if he had scored the ones he missed we could of won, if MK dons had scored 2 sitters they missed we could have lost, it matters not, he scored 2 goals,if he hadn't we would have  lost 2-0. So he may have actually got us a point.

I didn't know Donald Rumsfeld was a City fan.  

His finishing is piss poor how he never scored the header I will never know it looked like he could of brought it down and tapped it home from where I was sitting. You can talk about confidence all you want but as a striker putting the chances away he missed today is bread and butter stuff. Very very frustrating watching him today. He works his socks off you can't fault that but he has to get better at putting the ball in the back of the net with all the very good chances he gets. But fair play to him he never gave up and helped us get a point.

Amazing that there's a thread slagging off Baldock, and nothing about how utterly useless JET was. We may as well have played with 10 men until Burns and Barnett came on.

Perhaps if every other game SB didn't have to do the work of two people he'd get more. He worked his socks off in the second half, and Barnett did more in 30 seconds than JET did today.

Baldock clearly lacks a bit of confidence in the one on one situation, but he still got two goals which salvaged us a point today. I couldn't believe the two chumps behind me who booed him off at half time. Embarassing.

Funny how Baldock is lamented for his lack of putting chances away, and what's he on now? 15 or something? Well on course for 20+.

If we didn't concede so many, we'd be top half. The goals we conceded today were so soft, and that's why we dropped 2 points today.

Totally agree, people don't realise JET don't do no running off the ball which Sam does!!

How is this thread slagging off Baldock? Just pointing out how he's a frustrating player who could and probably should have put the game to bed today but also highlighting the fact he is a good player.

As for JET, he was poor by his standards today but I wouldn't say he did nothing all game considering he created 3 clear goal scoring opportunities today including two within minutes for Baldock.

Shit 1st half finishing, good approach play. Better finishing 2nd half, less good approach play.

Hes definitely an enigma. Needs shooting lessons undoubtedly. BUT he wasnt the only offender today, nor on previous occasions. Our entire team needs lessons in clinical finishing. He has what 13 goals now it it. Suggests inconsistency rather than being a shit player.

I think that two of the one on ones were created solely by Baldock - a lot of other players would have been offside but he timed his runs perfectly.

That's not to say it's fine to subsequently miss them, but I'd suggest that most strikers at this level wouldn't have had the opportunity in the first place.

The header was a shocker, mind.

Massively over rated and amazed he gets in the team.He was missing one on one's and chances back when we played Coventry.Yet never dropped and worse than that he is our captain.I think his headline in the article he did for the Post was "it's just another game". Well Baldock you're right on that at least . You cost us points again.

Maybe something to do with the number of points Baldock has cost us and the number JET has got us.

Archived