IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

It is funny,lots of people say Thorpe was good,but the bloke never hit 20 league goals in a season for us once, even in what could be deemed as a very good team at the level it was at.

Another hugely overrated player by fans imo, Another that you couldn't blame for the price tag, but often looked back at with roe tinted specs.

I know, both Thorpe and Anderson were annonimous when we were relighted under Benny.

I Spose the goal against the Gas helped!!

Massively over rated and amazed he gets in the team.He was missing one on one's and chances back when we played Coventry.Yet never dropped and worse than that he is our captain.I think his headline in the article he did for the Post was "it's just another game". Well Baldock you're right on that at least . You cost us points again.

Who is to blame for the 2 concede then?  if we hadn't we would have won 2-0!!

I know, both Thorpe and Anderson were annonimous when we were relighted under Benny.

I Spose the goal against the Gas helped!!

I don't even think of that period, that was just a mess, i look more at Thorpe when he was first choice under Wilson.

Thorpe was the forgotten man until the fantastic 3 took charge!   Anderson was a cracking finisher, unfortunately for him massively under utilised and pushed out wide,in Benny's early attempts of finding the right formula

No he just can't finish, 15 goals this season tells you that :)

Beyond belief isn't it. Just beyond the halfway point and conceivable he could finish the season on 25, yet every week berated for his wastefulness. Only OTIB. :grr:

Never mind the fact that we concede in EVERY SINGLE GAME, with woefully inadequate defending.

Staggering that you can't see beyond missed one on ones.

Why was JET taken off today and not Baldock? Because he did **** all for the team, that's why.

JET was just as bad today he isn't escaping any blame what the **** was he doing pretty much walking with the ball and then looses it. Or trying Ronaldo esque ******* flicks on the half way line that goes straight to a MK Dons player.

Beyond belief isn't it. Just beyond the halfway point and conceivable he could finish the season on 25, yet every week berated for his wastefulness. Only OTIB. :grr:

Never mind the fact that we concede in EVERY SINGLE GAME, with woefully inadequate defending.

Indeed, hey ho, he could end up with 30 and still be shit.  Ah well never mind if 15 goals before the end of January is not good enough. I guess the 18 before the end of January for jET is also shit.  Should get Taylor back, he scored today!

Staggering that you can't see beyond missed one on ones.

Why was JET taken off today and not Baldock? Because he did **** all for the team, that's why.

Staggering you have to slag one of the few players who has been worth watching this season to defend a striker who has been at best a disappointment. 

He wouldn't have had them!!

Precisely. Baldock makes a good deal of chances for himself that others wouldn't have even had. Pitman would be lucky to have 5 up to this point if he'd been playing in the team we've been playing for most of the season under SOD, he relies on excellent service. Baldock is so used to getting no service that he has to engineer his own chances.

I do think some of the crititism of Sammy if a function partly of just how close most of our games are. It will always be the case of looking at the one that got away. We win 2-1 todayand his misses get less of a spotlight than his two goals.

Should he score more for the great chances he gets. Yes. Would any replacement we could conceivably get get those chances in the first place? Much more of an open question, but most likely not.

As for JET clearly from reports a bad one today. It cannot just be goals - would we take starting each game with ten players all game if we started every other one, one up? Does need to be more consistent, but one of the few players you feel you enjoy watching when on form.

Sammy got two today. Sure he could have got more. The reason we did not win, was letting two in, however, in my view.

Staggering you have to slag one of the few players who has been worth watching this season to defend a striker who has been at best a disappointment.

He set up Baldocks chances for **** sake!!!!!

Anyone who would sell JET over Baldock needs their head tested. Running around isn't a skill. JET = most talented player we've had in years and years.

You can't honestly say he can finish, He taps it home, Yes fair play he gets in those positions but fora striker I expect him to have more to his game

The way every one on one goes straight at the keeper is so frustrating, His chance conversion rate is terrible! And he's scored 15 what does that tell you? It tells me if we had a natural finisher upfront he would have 30 odd and we would be higher up the table

You can't honestly say he can finish, He taps it home, Yes fair play he gets in those positions but fora striker I expect him to have more to his game

The way every one on one goes straight at the keeper is so frustrating, His chance conversion rate is terrible! And he's scored 15 what does that tell you? It tells me if we had a natural finisher upfront he would have 30 odd and we would be higher up the table

Can't argue with any of that.

He set up Baldocks chances for **** sake!!!!!

Anyone who would sell JET over Baldock needs their head tested. Running around isn't a skill. JET = most talented player we've had in years and years.

That's never been in doubt, it's just a real shame how sporadic that talent is used, and when it's not there, we are effectively a ten man team because he contributes nothing off the ball.

It tells me he gets in the positions to score,something we haven't had for years. You always have a chance then.

If w ehad a bloke that was getting 1 chance every game and had a 1 in 2 conversion ratio I would be far more worried.  They guy like you says has the ability to get into goal scoring chances, many strikers cannot do that.  That in itself put the opposition on the back foot.

Because Pitman was largely coming off the bench??

The stats are still incomparible.

Pitman finished better than Baldock in the one on one environment, but Baldock scores more goals.

Personally I'd rather have someone who will give you 20 a season than someone that is more "clinical" but doesn't make enough chances. 1 in 2 is better than 1 in 4 whichever way you slice it up.

Archived