IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

And yet our defence is the best of the teams around us, our problem hasn't been losing games this season (we have lost less games than peterboro), more that we have drawn too many because we aren't turning them into wins. Strikers not taking chances.

Defence has been improved in centre weeks with two new centre Halfs who will improve when they all know each other better, yet as today showed YET AGIN certain players aren't taking their chances.

Partially correct in that we have drawn far too many, but the fact that only 5 teams out of 17 outside of the playoffs have scored more than us tells you that of those games, we have drawn them because of conceding too many, not scoring too few.

However we are making slow progress. Osborne and El Abd add more solidity and let's just hope we can stop shipping so many goals. Today was a perfect example. Very soft defending for both goals. We could and should have kept a clean sheet today if we'd have eradicated the simple defensive errors.

No idea where 22 has come from, but prior to today Baldock has had

12 goals

36 shots on target.

I'd be suprised if 22 was accurate

It can't be 22 one on ones, that would be insane!

Must dash now, it's been a blast.

Let's not forget that we're all frustrated and we all just want what's best for our club. Opinions differ and passions run high, but we are all wanting success for our club.

Better days ahead. Hopefully.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalShooting/0,,10794~201325,00.html

Those numbers aren't quite up to date (I think mid December).

Note how few players taking that many shots have more on target than off target.

Also interesting how many additional chances the players who have scored more have.

I'd like to see the facts and figures supporting the idea that Baldock isn't very good, because these aren't them.

My last word on this as other things to do, but agree with the post above that he needs to learn a litle more variation with just the goalie to beat.

Two games against Mk, scored two in each, could have won or lost both games easily, he missed most likely his easiest chance in both. In a microcosm, Mk sum up our season so far.

Not sure what that says! Equally they missed at least one on one that we put down to decent saves.

Equally, if we had been told he would score twice today before the game, would we have taken that, regardless of how many chances it took? I suspect so.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalShooting/0,,10794~201325,00.html

Note how few players taking that many shots have more on target than off target.

Also interesting how many additional chances the players who have scored more have.

I'd like to see the facts and figures supporting the idea that Baldock isn't very good, because these aren't them.

More on target and less off than Assombalonga.

Tidy.

Does it need to be "team Sam" or "team Jet"?

Both have strengths and weaknesses but ultimately both play for the ONE TEAM! (see what I did there!).

Both are a good bet to finish the season with 25 goals each. Someone asked the question last week when was the last time two of our strikers did that in the same season?

Given how rare it is it's a shame we can't enjoy both of them.

My last word on this as other things to do, but agree with the post above that he needs to learn a litle more variation with just the goalie to beat.

Two games against Mk, scored two in each, could have won or lost both games easily, he missed most likely his easiest chance in both. In a microcosm, Mk sum up our season so far.

Not sure what that says! Equally they missed at least one on one that we put down to decent saves.

Equally, if we had been told he would score twice today before the game, would we have taken that, regardless of how many chances it took? I suspect so.

Good perspective on it. People think Sam misses clear chances, but what about that free header they had in the first half. Now that was a chance!

Does it need to be "team Sam" or "team Jet"?

Both have strengths and weaknesses but ultimately both play for the ONE TEAM! (see what I did there!).

Both are a good bet to finish the season with 25 goals each. Someone asked the question last week when was the last time two of our strikers did that in the same season?

Given how rare it is it's a shame we can't enjoy both of them.

Spot on. Funny how people say they're a poor partnership (and in a way they are a bit like the odd couple!) but between them could have 45+ league goals at the end of the season!

No idea where 22 has come from, but prior to today Baldock has had

12 goals

36 shots on target.

I'd be suprised if 22 was accurate

That is good to know as so many people are stating as fact Baldock has missed 22 one on ones

Baldock has had 38 shots on goal scoring 15 meaning 23 shots haven't gone in are you telling me 22 if those are 1 on 1?

Dunno that is the question I am asking. People seem to be saying he has missed 22 one on ones. I want to know where they are getting these facts from. 38 shots is completely different to 22 one on ones

He never hits off target because it always goes straight at the keeper!!

It's the timing of the misses as well, 3 today that could've wrapped the game up inside 20 mins but no, We struggled and scraped a draw. ITS NOT JUST TODAY THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED

No one seems to be backing it up thougj. Yet plenty are referring to it. Even on radio.

It seems to have become a truth to hang baldock with.

If I could be bothered I would go back through player!! However I can't so for that reason I will stop quoting that number until it's proven.

I've seen that Louis Suarez take loads of shots that don't go in, the wasteful bugger.

I am stunned people are knocking him, its so frustrating.  He is there to score goals, he is scoring goals, yet, people still want to moan and knock him.  Take him out of the squad and we lose almost 50% of our goals!!! Who else is scoring apart from him and JET?  Its like some City fans are like a dog with a bone and can't let the subject drop due to losing face.   So what he misses chances, he is scoring goals, and that what he is doing!!! 

If I could be bothered I would go back through player!! However I can't so for that reason I will stop quoting that number until it's proven.

Righto you can't be bothered. But are willing to let the player take a load of shit for it. To such an extent that people are phoning up radio stations stating it as fact. So maybe you should list them maybe the flack can then be justified?!

Very much reminds me of Tony Thorpe.

For me Thorpe was a good finisher. Cool in one on one situations if my memory serves me well. As for Baldock, it's good that he is getting into these positions. 14 is a good return at this point in the season( I know it could be doubled!). For the last few years I've watched city struggle to create anything, so at least that is a step in the right direction.

I am stunned people are knocking him, its so frustrating. He is there to score goals, he is scoring goals, yet, people still want to moan and knock him. Take him out of the squad and we lose almost 50% of our goals!!! Who else is scoring apart from him and JET? Its like some City fans are like a dog with a bone and can't let the subject drop due to losing face. So what he misses chances, he is scoring goals, and that what he is doing!!!

Take him out of the squad and we are playing with 10 men by your logic.

I am stunned people are knocking him, its so frustrating. He is there to score goals, he is scoring goals, yet, people still want to moan and knock him. Take him out of the squad and we lose almost 50% of our goals!!! Who else is scoring apart from him and JET? Its like some City fans are like a dog with a bone and can't let the subject drop due to losing face. So what he misses chances, he is scoring goals, and that what he is doing!!!

Don't you know, we're the mighty Bristol City. Our strikers should score 75 a season and we should at least be competing for the Europa League!

Funny, someone was chanting 'you have no history' to the MK Dons fans and someone shouted back 'so what, we have 120 years of **** all'

Made I larf!

Don't you know, we're the mighty Bristol City. Our strikers should score 75 a season and we should at least be competing for the Europa League!

Funny, someone was chanting 'you have no history' to the MK Dons fans and someone shouted back 'so what, we have 120 years of **** all'

Made I larf!

:laugh: so very true

I keep getting the same at work. Swindon fans saying we are shite, me giving some back. Then the killer. Ever been in the premiership ever won a major domestic cup?

And as much as they are scummy pig towners, there is no real getting away from that fact. I just have to be happy knowing I don't have to live in their town!

Archived