IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

Yet no champ clubs in for him. says it all.

A true league 1 footballer....wonder how many other clubs in this league spent that kind of money on average league 1 players.

It says that championship clubs spent lots of money on strikers less clinical than the one you hate that plays for the club you allegedly support.

In what way is he average? Seriously, quantify that statement.

He is up amongst the best in the league so far in terms of goals scored and chance conversion.

I wonder how many of our defenders are amongst the top in their bracket for interceptions, key tackles, or our midfielders for assists, pass completion etc?

Yet no champ clubs in for him. says it all.

A true league 1 footballer....wonder how many other clubs in this league spent that kind of money on average league 1 players.

West Ham signed him......

Charlton were in for him when we signed him too.

No club would sign him 6 months after us, same as when we got relegated, they would want to see how he got on in this league. So it's only now, or end of this season they will properly look.

It's been 19 days of the tranfer window opened, how'd you know no championship clubs haven't been in for him?

no there is a 6 page thread because idiots like you bowie and taylor10 are making him a scapegoat like you always do

first it was Johnson then Elliot, fontaine now its baldock its as if city fans want to destroy players simply because they are jealous of them and their ability

Haha you really are simple aren't you? Are you not intelligent enough to realise that people can have a different opinion to you? Or are you unable to debate that without getting touchy over your boyfriend?

Whenever I have expressed my disappointment in Baldock it has been constructive and I am always prepared to offer a reasonable debate. How on earth is that making a scapegoat of him? In that case you are making a scapegoat of Flint are you not?

Why should I not express my opinion because of the forum know it all like you, who actually knows **** all doesn't agree with it? I can have my opinion all day pal. If you don't like it don't come on here. Pretty simple to follow.

For the record as well you cretin, if you want to call me an idiot because I have a difference of opinion to you why don't you meet me for a pint to discuss it rather than snipe over a keyboard?

No club would sign him 6 months after us, same as when we got relegated, they would want to see how he got on in this league. So it's only now, or end of this season they will properly look.

It's been 19 days of the tranfer window opened, how'd you know no championship clubs haven't been in for him?

He doesn't know that, but it wouldn't fit his hate campaign to say otherwise.

It says that championship clubs spent lots of money on strikers less clinical than the one you hate that plays for the club you allegedly support.

In what way is he average? Seriously, quantify that statement.

He is up amongst the best in the league so far in terms of goals scored and chance conversion.

I wonder how many of our defenders are amongst the top in their bracket for interceptions, key tackles, or our midfielders for assists, pass completion etc?

I don't hate Baldock I just think he is very very average.

Scored goals for fun for west ham didn't he....o no big sam quickly dropped him and sold him, surprise surprise.

No club would sign him? What like Steve Davies who went to Blackpool?

Taxi.

Despite the stats proving that he is one of the best in the league at what he does?

And as for your nonsense claim that the reason we are in the drop zone is because of his missed chances, and not our leaky defence...allow me to shatter another illusion of yours, if I may.

Preston are 4th, and we score more per game on average than they do.

In fact, only 8 clubs in the league score more per game than we do, on average. However only 6 clubs concede more per game than us, and that's why we are where we are.

Taxi.

How is being the 7th top scorer, and scoring 1 goal in every 3 games in league one average??

Scored goals for fun for west ham didn't he....o no big sam quickly dropped him and sold him, surprise surprise.

No club would sign him? What like Steve Davies who went to Blackpool?

Taxi.

He scored 1 every 4 games for West Ham, West Ham also quickly shipped out Maynard.

Steve Davies was a proven Championship striker, Baldock isn't as he's only played a handful of games for West Ham, but did do well with us there for 1 season.

Despite Maynard gobbing off Bristolians he is 5 times the player of Baldock.

Shipped out of West Ham and Cardiff really quick, scored less goals at West Ham than Baldock......

How is being the 7th top scorer, and scoring 1 goal in every 3 games in league one average??

He scored 1 every 4 games for West Ham, West Ham also quickly shipped out Maynard.

Steve Davies was a proven Championship striker, Baldock isn't as he's only played a handful of games for West Ham, but did do well with us there for 1 season.

Shipped out of West Ham and Cardiff really quick, scored less goals at West Ham than Baldock......

And now plying is trade 2nd bottom in league 1.... Oh no, wait, I seem to have got a bit confused!!!

It's just funny isn't it. People jump on the "unclinical" bandwagon, and he's been one of the most clinical in the league.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way, they don't mean anything.

How many of these other chances have you seen Bristol86? Did the other players miss several free headers in the 6 yard box, countless one on ones...? It's not factual, it's an ambiguous statistic. Do you know how many of those chances were clear cut? Do you ****.

Open your eyes and see that we have been making more clear cut chances this season than for many years. Partly down to Baldock's very good workrate and movement, it's a shame his finishing in positions of great potential is so shoddy.

How many of these other chances have you seen Bristol86? Did the other players miss several free headers in the 6 yard box, countless one on ones...? It's not factual, it's an ambiguous statistic. Do you know how many of those chances were clear cut? Do you ****.

Open your eyes and see that we have been making more clear cut chances this season than for many years. Partly down to Baldock's very good workrate and movement, it's a shame his finishing in positions of great potential is so shoddy.

I probably know as much as you the composition of the competitors chances, but it doesn't make the statistic any less telling.

Goals conceded is still the number one problem. Revisit the stats I posted on average goals scored vs conceded and how that stacks up to the rest of the league.

I probably know as much as you the composition of the competitors chances, but it doesn't make the statistic any less telling.

Goals conceded is still the number one problem. Revisit the stats I posted on average goals scored vs conceded and how that stacks up to the rest of the league.

Oh it absolutely does. If Clarke is starved for service and shooting through a packed box from 20 yards, would you expect the same quality of finishing than from any of the three golden opportunities unmarked Baldock had yesterday? No.

You're as bad as those putting our league position only at Baldock's door. The defence have to share the culpability but Baldock must too.

Oh it absolutely does. If Clarke is starved for service and shooting through a packed box from 20 yards, would you expect the same quality of finishing than from any of the three golden opportunities unmarked Baldock had yesterday? No.

You're as bad as those putting our league position only at Baldock's door. The defence have to share the culpability but Baldock must too.

Well I have no intention of trawling through hundreds of goal attempts to see it's make up, but after nearly 30 games I would be surprised if the composition of goal attempts isn't reasonably similar enough across all of the candidates to be able to make meaningful comparisons.

I've said all I care to on the subject, so I'll just leave with this from my earlier post:

In fact, only 8 clubs in the league score more per game than we do, on average. However only 6 clubs concede more per game than us, and that's why we are where we are.

If that doesn't make you see that it's the goals against - rather than the goals for - that put us in the drop zone, I don't know what else to say that will make you understand.

Well I have no intention of trawling through hundreds of goal attempts to see it's make up, but after nearly 30 games I would be surprised if the composition of goal attempts isn't reasonably similar enough across all of the candidates to be able to make meaningful comparisons.

I've said all I care to on the subject, so I'll just leave with this from my earlier post:

If that doesn't make you see that it's the goals against - rather than the goals for - that put us in the drop zone, I don't know what else to say that will make you understand.

That doesn't make sense? How can we be in the relegation zone and have 6 teams concede less per game and only have 4 teams score more per game?

Doesn't add up as surely those teams who concede more can't all score more per game, You see my point?

That doesn't make sense? How can we be in the relegation zone and have 6 teams concede less per game and only have 4 teams score more per game?

Doesn't add up as surely those teams who concede more can't all score more per game, You see my point?

None of what you said matches what I wrote, have you been at the cider? :)

They may loose by bigger margins, but win by smaller margins

None of what you said matches what I wrote, have you been at the cider? :)

No just need my glasses ;)

Tins has cleared it up for me, I got confused by what you meant, Thinking that if we Score more per game than the teams around us and presumably concede less per game than a few around us how are we in the relegation zone

I think that is a key point, though and one that a lot of Baldock's detractors are missing.

Yes, he misses a lot of chances but much of the reason he scores a lot is because he makes himself available for chances in a way many strikers struggle with.  Maynard was a great player of us when on form and a more clinical finisher than Baldock but I don't think he was great at getting himself inside the box and available for the ball and I don't think we'd be creating anywhere near as many chances if we still had Maynard in the side as we do with Baldock.  I suspect the number of goals Maynard would get would still be similar as he'd put more of the chances he did get away but I don't reckon Maynard would be out of sight by now on number of goals scored simply because I don't think Maynard would have had anywhere near as many opportunities.

Wasn't at the game yesterday so can't comment on the misses. However I have seen the goals on YouTube and can comment on how poor both goals we let in were.

This is unfortunately the real problem. We can't defend. I don't think you can really blame a striker who is well on his way to a 20 goal season (of which we have two!) for missing when we are guaranteed to let in at least one a game.

Archived