IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

Humble pie nogbad ? why should I have to eat that ? my opinion was that long term sc will be a disaster! I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right I certainly won't be on here constantly gloating and attempting to turn every topic into a sc v sod argument, I didn't want sc as manager, but I accept that results have improved and long may it continue, I have made my opinion of sc known and see no need to constantly repeat myself, we all want city to win, sc is our manager atm and I accept that, I've moved on, why can't people like you do the same !

Humble pie nogbad ? why should I have to eat that ? my opinion was that long term sc will be a disaster! I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right I certainly won't be on here constantly gloating and attempting to turn every topic into a sc v sod argument, I didn't want sc as manager, but I accept that results have improved and long may it continue, I have made my opinion of sc known and see no need to constantly repeat myself, we all want city to win, sc is our manager atm and I accept that, I've moved on, why can't people like you do the same !

Long term he no doubt WILL fail, as almost all managers do, and get the boot, so at that stage you can say you were right all along. Though how from what we've seen so far you remain certain he'll prove a disaster is anyone's guess.

In the meantime if he keeps City up and leads us to a good season playing attacking football next year, perhaps you'll have the good grace to come on here and admit your vindictive criticism from day one was both unpleasant, and misplaced.

First things first, don't forget that slap up meal if keeps us up. :yes:  :yawn:

vindictive criticism or expressing a opinion ? funny how many of those who are so sensitive about sc showed no such sensitivity about sod ( or o dreadful,o drosscol, o dismal ) and his boring whiney accent, anyway I thought this was a thread about sam Baldock ! not yet another excuse for people like you to bore on and on and on, all your doing is causing bad feeling by your constant gloating and attempts to rake up old arguments, what's the point ? all your doing is massaging your ego ! as I said, if we stay up I'll say well done sc, first part of your job accomplished ! does that satisfy you nogbad ? do you think you can now move on from your constant digs at people who have a different opinion to you on our manager ! it really is childish and pathetic and very very boreing !

vindictive criticism or expressing a opinion ? funny how many of those who are so sensitive about sc showed no such sensitivity about sod ( or o dreadful,o drosscol, o dismal ) and his boring whiney accent, anyway I thought this was a thread about sam Baldock ! not yet another excuse for people like you to bore on and on and on, all your doing is causing bad feeling by your constant gloating and attempts to rake up old arguments, what's the point ? all your doing is massaging your ego ! as I said, if we stay up I'll say well done sc, first part of your job accomplished ! does that satisfy you nogbad ? do you think you can now move on from your constant digs at people who have a different opinion to you on our manager ! it really is childish and pathetic and very very boreing !

so you wernt massaging your ego when after brentford and sheaf utd you were on here saying that everyone who wanted o'driscoll out has now got what they deserve....hope your all enjoying cotterrillball??? Etc etc.

I am merely pointing out that the vast majority on here including the most educated harry have been so divided over the last 6 months and have looked to point score over the other sides opinion.

Facts are simple....we get more points under cotterill...we score more goals under cotterill...and cotterill has got our most talented player to the top of the goalscorers....if we go down it won't be down to Baldock or jet. It Will be purely down to our symbolic defence

It's funny but the season Maynard got 20 goals, it seemed like a great effort and a hard thing to do.

Sammy on the other hand, has almost got that with 10 games to go. He has breezed to 18 league goals. Yes it's league one, but it's probably not as easy in this league as people think.

In sammy, I think we have a better striker than we did in Maynard... Date I say

Championship v League One, absolutely massive difference...

It's funny but the season Maynard got 20 goals, it seemed like a great effort and a hard thing to do.

Sammy on the other hand, has almost got that with 10 games to go. He has breezed to 18 league goals. Yes it's league one, but it's probably not as easy in this league as people think.

In sammy, I think we have a better striker than we did in Maynard... Date I say

Laughable.

To be fair Harry, it was the OP - BITW- who resurrected this thread.

Was he 'eating humble pie'? Not sure.

Did he need to? Certainly not.

His original comments were both valid and fair.

Baldock, by his own admission, was getting more chances than he's ever had in his career and was failing to take far too many of them.

The criticism and exasperation at the time of the original post was perfectly reasonable, and we're all happy and relieved he's been doing what City signed him for much better recently.

It has to be said also that things like your most expensive player repeatedly missing schoolboy chances are naturally going to be discussed in detail on BCFC forums, but I don't remember Baldock getting anything but support while on the pitch at AG.

In fact the manager, his team mates and fans attending matches all stood by him despite some really shocking and costly misses and frankly we can all take some collective credit for his return to confidence and form.

Quite. I don't think anyone else noticed I was the OP when I dragged this thread back up!

Just acknowledging the fact his conversion rate has improved immensely in recent weeks which was pretty much the original point of this thread. I wasn't doing it to gloat quite the opposite infact!

Must be mixing me up with someone else tim.

I actually consistently referred to O'Driscoll as SO'D while he was here, and don't remember using any of the derogatory names you refer to above.

I also didn't criticise him from day one, or regularly during his first few months, despite being mightily pissed off with the removal of Del.

Neither did I go on and about how I personally disliked him, and I find it odd that certain posters think any one else is in the slightest bit interested that they personally dislike SC.

I don't make 'constant digs at other posters for their opinion either' - it's you who keeps on bringing up SO'D, as you have yet again in this Baldock thread - most of the rest of us were thoroughly bored with him while he was here, and remain so now.

What I did say is the club was in depression and being suffocated by his negativity, and I stand by that.

SC is so far proving a breath of fresh air in every respect, and it's a mystery why people like you can't get over your irrational personal hostility and at least give him a bit of credit, rather than evidently having your fingers poised for the first opportunity to put the knife in on here.

Might be a good idea to get used to the idea of SC as City manager tim - if he keeps City up he'll likely be here for a long time, certainly a lot lot longer than the previous encumbent, and from all the signs so far, you'll be forced to 'endure' some good times under his management.

So keep smiling at City's current resurgence and the prospect of some succesful times ahead for City under SC tim, even if it has to be through gritted teeth. :shutup:

Now, can we get back to Sam Baldock? :dunno:

Laughable.

You really do refuse to ever admit you could be possibly have been wrong don't you?

You remind me of one of those politicians who adopts a ridiculous stance and then flogs it to death even though their argument has long crumbled around them, rather than admit they made an error of judgement.

Do you stand by your statement that Baldock is an 'average league one striker', the words you used a couple of months back?

Yes mc risk, and your frying tp point score off me now ! sometime this destructive argument has got to stop, back on December 20, I put a post asking for people to stop shipping at each other, accept that sc was our manager and move on, but almost 3 months later the likes of nick j, and Esmond are still stirring the pot and turning every thread into sc v sod ( fan v fan ) this thread which is supposed to be about Sam Baldock being a good example, none of us are right 100% of the time, we all have different opinions, we are all entitled to express them, but this constant point scoring has got to stop ! as I said sc is our manager, whether I like it or not, time will tell whether he's a success or not, but atm I think it would be a good idea if I followed harrys example and didn't comment on sc untill the end of the season !!coyr.

Esmond your comment that somehow I am enduring our current up turn in fortune through gritted teeth are truly wide of the mark !.no body is more delighted than me when we win, you seem to be of the opinion that no body who dislikes sc is capable of being pleased when we win, what utter nonsense ! over the years we have had many managers that I have been not to keen on, but that has not stopped me from cheering every city goal, and savouring every city win ! any way, as I said above I'm staying off the subject until the end of the season, I'll be giving every effort to supporting the club I love ( through un gritted teeth ) I suggest you find somebody else to play with !

Esmond your comment that somehow I am enduring our current up turn in fortune through gritted teeth are truly wide of the mark !.no body is more delighted than me when we win, you seem to be of the opinion that no body who dislikes sc is capable of being pleased when we win, what utter nonsense ! over the years we have had many managers that I have been not to keen on, but that has not stopped me from cheering every city goal, and savouring every city win ! any way, as I said above I'm staying off the subject until the end of the season, I'll be giving every effort to supporting the club I love ( through un gritted teeth ) I suggest you find somebody else to play with !

OK, great to hear how much you're enjoying watching City under SC.

One more little mystery for you to clear up before you go - why do you keep on calling me Esmond?  :dunno:

Sorry nogbad, people like you and Esmond tend to blend into one you both seem to have the same obsession about yourselves being the only ones who are right / entitled to a opinion, however you are entitled to a apology for my slip as I assume that unlike Esmond you actually attend games and do not base your opinions of bcfc soley on the comprehensive and expert coverage provided by our local radio station !

Yes mc risk, and your frying tp point score off me now ! sometime this destructive argument has got to stop, back on December 20, I put a post asking for people to stop shipping at each other, accept that sc was our manager and move on, but almost 3 months later the likes of nick j, and Esmond are still stirring the pot and turning every thread into sc v sod ( fan v fan ) this thread which is supposed to be about Sam Baldock being a good example, none of us are right 100% of the time, we all have different opinions, we are all entitled to express them, but this constant point scoring has got to stop ! as I said sc is our manager, whether I like it or not, time will tell whether he's a success or not, but atm I think it would be a good idea if I followed harrys example and didn't comment on sc untill the end of the season !!coyr.

not quite sure how i am point scoring over you...i agreed with the board that sod should go...i was apathetical about the appointment of cotterill but he is doing a great job so that works for me.

I wad merely responding to your retort to nogbad about him massaging his ego when you have now admitted were doing the same thing with your shite cotterrillball comments etc.

To tar someone with the same brush your using i find unfair

Sorry nogbad, people like you and Esmond tend to blend into one you both seem to have the same obsession about yourselves being the only ones who are right / entitled to a opinion, however you are entitled to a apology for my slip as I assume that unlike Esmond you actually attend games and do not base your opinions of bcfc soley on the comprehensive and expert coverage provided by our local radio station !

It seems it's not only SC that you have a preconceived and ill judged opinions of.

If you get posters mixed up, perhaps best not to fire off accusations at individuals in your posts - although I don't remember Esmond making any such personal comments about SO'D either.

I countered your previous allegations about SO'D name calling in my previous post and your comment above is siimilarly ridiculous.

Let's keep to the facts tim, SC's doing well so far and you've conceded you're delighted with the way things are going, in fact 'savouring every win'.

Although you're obviously never going to give any credit to SC personally, I'll take these comments, and your present contentment, as the nearest we're ever going to get from you that you've realised that SC is doing a good job, the players are now up for the fight, and the managerial change has so far been positive for the club in just about every respect.

Long may you continue to savour every win under SC - this winning business really does make a pleasant change doesn't it?

One thing has changed for Sammy. He's been used more of a clinical finisher now, Playing out wide he cuts in and only has a small chance of a goal, That's all he needs to find the net.

When playing through the centre he had loads of one on one opportunities that he failed to convert. He's much better when the odds of him scoring are minimal than when the crowd expect him to score

Do people feel he would of got 6 in 6? If he played central all the time?

One thing has changed for Sammy. He's been used more of a clinical finisher now, Playing out wide he cuts in and only has a small chance of a goal, That's all he needs to find the net.

When playing through the centre he had loads of one on one opportunities that he failed to convert. He's much better when the odds of him scoring are minimal than when the crowd expect him to score

Do people feel he would of got 6 in 6? If he played central all the time?

I'll be honest when Cotts was appointed I was very underwhelmed because I was expecting tactic-less hoof ball (going off what Forest fans were saying). However I feel moving Sammy out wide has been a master-stroke as he is spending less time trying to out jump 6ft tall defenders and more time exploiting space behind the full backs. Well done to Cotts and Baldock.

Not sure what you mean Chivs.

Some people were rightly questioning Baldock in early January after he'd fluffed numerous gilt-edged chances.  Those criticisms, lets not forget, also came from his Manager and from himself.

Someone dragging up a thread from 8 weeks ago, to prove themselves right and vilify other people's valid opinions, is just egotistical, self-indulgent bull.

I enjoy reading this site for it's frank and open views and it's the first place I come to for general BCFC news.  However, the multitude of "See, I'm right, you're an idiot" posts is becoming incredibly tedious.  Why can't people get back to having a proper debate without resorting to vilifying anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Unfortunately Harry there are many on here who are unable to use the forum for what it's for. I was critical of Baldock's erratic finishing earlier in the campaign. However I don't believe anything I said over stepped the mark and I would like to think that it was constructive points, as I always try and keep to when encouraging debate.

Some didn't like it, namely Monkeh who resorted to calling myself and others 'idiots' for having a difference of opinion or apparently making a scapegoat of him. (imagine being called an idiot by someone who can't even spell MONKEY right  ;)

Of course it's fine for him to constantly slate Flint....

Anyway, there are plenty with double standards on this forum. I think anyone with an ounce of intelligence will understand that on a forum that is meant to be used to discuss football and debate opinions, there will always be those that don't share that opinion or believe their one to always be right.

Morale of the story....If you can't handle people having a different opinion either don't come on here or try to actually have a reasoned debate about it. Some of the self indulgent ******* as you would say, just haven't got it in them to do it.

Not sure what you mean Chivs.

Some people were rightly questioning Baldock in early January after he'd fluffed numerous gilt-edged chances.  Those criticisms, lets not forget, also came from his Manager and from himself.

Someone dragging up a thread from 8 weeks ago, to prove themselves right and vilify other people's valid opinions, is just egotistical, self-indulgent bull.

I enjoy reading this site for it's frank and open views and it's the first place I come to for general BCFC news.  However, the multitude of "See, I'm right, you're an idiot" posts is becoming incredibly tedious.  Why can't people get back to having a proper debate without resorting to vilifying anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Would that be like the person who obsessively lists all Baldock's misses (from 8 weeks ago) whilst overlooking the fact he is one of the top scorers in League 1?  I think I could accuse that person of self-indulgent bull.  Agree?

Some people had valid opinions in January and weren't questioning (rightly) the League 1 top scorer's ability.

Humble pie is a big mouthful.

Would that be like the person who obsessively lists all Baldock's misses (from 8 weeks ago) whilst overlooking the fact he is one of the top scorers in League 1? I think I could accuse that person of self-indulgent bull. Agree?

Some people had valid opinions in January and weren't questioning (rightly) the League 1 top scorer's ability.

This topic was bought up again suggesting Harry and co. Eat humble pie etc.

But, They have never said he won't score goals. Only criticising some of the gilt edged chances Baldock has missed. What is so wrong with that? And why should harry and co. Eat humble pie?

Would that be like the person who obsessively lists all Baldock's misses (from 8 weeks ago) whilst overlooking the fact he is one of the top scorers in League 1?  I think I could accuse that person of self-indulgent bull.  Agree?

In a thread debating Baldock's conversion rate I would say listing gilt-edged chances missed is a fairly valid argument. I would also say you're calling it self-indulgent bull so as to drag Harry down with you.

Archived