IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

Today we could've been 3 up and shut up shop inside 20 mins! These missed chances cost us massively and everyone knew what was going to happen especially after the header

So it wasn't the non existent defending for the two goals that cost us today? We shouldn't have to rely on scoring three to win, especially at home.

What is wrong with some of you. Blaming Baldock and JET. These two have given us half a chance of staying up this season.

Sure Baldock should be better at 1 on 1's but he will get 20 goals this season.

And JET is a bit lazy and has the odd off game.

But put even a reasonable midfield and defence together behind them and we would be in the top 6.

Be careful not to questions Baldock's finishing....if you do you might be considered not fit to support the club!

His lack of composure is what worries me. Rabbit it in the headlights.

However what equally worries me is that we are still conceding too many goals. Poor goals at that as well. We shouldn't be so reliant on scoring 3 goals every game to win. I've been critical of Baldock but for as poor as his finishing has been I feel he is under even more pressure due to us not keeping them out at the other end!!

Why would you measure a striker on assists you clown?

I measure a striker at the end of a season on goals. SB is on course for 20+ which would be a phenomenal return given that we are looking at the real possibility of a relegation battle.

What would you measure someone who plays off of the striker ie jet, as a phenomenal return in terms of goals and chances created/assists given that we are looking at the real possibility of a relegation battle??

So it wasn't the non existent defending for the two goals that cost us today? We shouldn't have to rely on scoring three to win, especially at home.

We could've been 3 up inside 20 with the chances we had, If we scored 2 or 3 the game would've been out of sight and the defence wouldn't of been under as much pressure

Take the chances when you have them as more times than not it'll bite you on your arse as witnessed today

So today yes I feel JET and Baldock have lost us two valuable points for missing at crucial times of the game, Which has been a story of our season so far

Ok, so yes, Baldocks scored 15 this season which is very good BUT he could have had so many more. I think why alot of people are miffed at he is because he misses decent chances at important points in games ie when were on top or misses 1 or 2 good chances then we go 1 - 0.

Thing is baldock, could with a little training sort out his problem with one on ones. Problem is when he's through on goal he makes a bee-line STRAIGHT at the keeper, so all the keeper needs to do is run staright at him and spread himself. He doesn't shift the ball to change his angle on goal so the keeper can't run straight at him so easily or open up more area of the goal to shoot at. Hell he doesn't even try and round the keeper! THAT is his problem, he's not doing anywhere near enough to give him a good chance of converting them. Thing is this is basic stuff! Even strikers from league 2 and some even lower do this.

If baldock wants to be playing at a higher level he needs to sort this out for himself not just bristol city. Lucky for him, if he puts his mind to it he can change this part of his game, he's already got the talent. Its not something that can't be fixed with some coaching.

If Baldock takes his chances today it's a different game altogether - as it could have been on Wednesday v Watford.

If city could defend it would be a different season all together

To blame a striker who is scoring 1 in 2 games for the postion we are in or for dropped point is frankly moronic

The problem is no bite in midfield and a poor centre back who god.......we........sod spent a shit load of money on

To blame a striker who is scoring 1 in 2 games for the postion we are in or for dropped point is frankly moronic

The problem is no bite in midfield and a poor centre back who god.......we........sod spent a shit load of money on

******* hell, nobody is disputing that his goals return is bad, what were saying is if he takes his easy chances the games will be different, I guarantee if you spoke to SB he would more than likely agree he should be on more goals with the chances he's had.

The defence is an issue but for a completely different thread, just because they have been awful it should not excuse the chances SB has missed and I'm unsure why you would try and use the defence as a justification for this?

Let me be clear here, I like SB, he's hard working and seems a decent level headed bloke, I just think he should be putting away more of the chances he's had.

It's the same argument as "Well at least he's trying", it doesn't stick at all, 22 1 on 1s and to score 0 any player in any division at any level is shocking

I haven't read the rest yet, but are you just plucking numbers out your back side?

Where do you get 22 missed one on ones? Have you kept count?

How can you say he's scored 0?

There's some absolute garbage being spouted in this thread!

I haven't read the rest yet, but are you just plucking numbers out your back side?

Where do you get 22 missed one on ones? Have you kept count?

How can you say he's scored 0?

There's some absolute garbage being spouted in this thread!

That's the figure going round, I've seen most games and it certainly feels like he's missed 22, even more. He's certainly missed more than he's scored, that's for sure

I think you should check the record books on the money spent on Flint and what Sean thought of the amount; moreover, he was not the money man. Idle chatter can place anyone in a bad light on a particular subject when it is unwarranted.

I think you should check the record books on the money spent on Flint and what Sean thought of the amount; moreover, he was not the money man. Idle chatter can place anyone in a bad light on a particular subject when it is unwarranted.

And if you check the record book the money spent on Baldock...

No it wasn't, it was your bum chums lack of finishing that cost us. Hence why Baldock has got a 6 page thread where as Flint has 2.

Baldock is average average average.

Baldock frustrates the **** out of me. Looks like he's got the ability to do it, but consistently misses guilt edged chances. First half MK played with a ridiculously high line, leading us to get Baldock in behind on numerous occasions- he should of had us 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes, which would have killed the game. Second half MK didn't play so high, therefore we couldn't get Sam in behind as often.

The chances that Baldock's had this season, he could've scored 30 already, and if he had done we'd be sat in a much better position.

Baldock score 2 misses 3,4, so bloody what,the bloke gets into positions because he's good.

I think it's more of what we have in midfield, is the problem.

Come on then you Baldock bashers, who would you bring in to do a better job.

I wouldn't exactly say "so what" to him missing open goals and countless 1 on 1s but I get your point

If Baldock was to leave this window I'd be gutted, at the end of the day there isn't much out there who's better that would join this club

******* hell, nobody is disputing that his goals return is bad, what were saying is if he takes his easy chances the games will be different, I guarantee if you spoke to SB he would more than likely agree he should be on more goals with the chances he's had.

The defence is an issue but for a completely different thread, just because they have been awful it should not excuse the chances SB has missed and I'm unsure why you would try and use the defence as a justification for this?

Let me be clear here, I like SB, he's hard working and seems a decent level headed bloke, I just think he should be putting away more of the chances he's had.

no there is a 6 page thread because idiots like you bowie and taylor10 are making him a scapegoat like you always do

first it was Johnson then Elliot, fontaine now its baldock its as if city fans want to destroy players simply because they are jealous of them and their ability

Baldock score 2 misses 3,4, so bloody what,the bloke gets into positions because he's good.

I think it's more of what we have in midfield, is the problem.

Come on then you Baldock bashers, who would you bring in to do a better job.

Problem with 1 on 1 with Baldock is that he always does the same thing - belt it low and hard and that's why he's missed so many. He never tries to dink the keeper or go around him. Too predictable.

As for his close range heading.........

Archived