IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

We have 2 players on 12 league goals Mid January and were an improving team, yet some people are still not happy.

If you're a good striker you make most of your chances by being in the right place, pitman was clinical but he was not in the right place all the time.  Yes Sam is not getting the goals he should but seriously if he was, he would have been gone already. 

Its our defence and defensive midfield that have hung us out to dry this season!  Roll on Kelly getting back from injury and lets hope he's half the player he was before he was injured.

No it wasn't, it was your bum chums lack of finishing that cost us. Hence why Baldock has got a 6 page thread where as Flint has 2.

Baldock is average average average.

Are you 5 years old? I mean really? My "bum chum"? 

Get a life mate.

Let's hope we can get some more average players on board to get ~20 league goals

Are you 5 years old? I mean really? My "bum chum"?

Get a life mate.

Let's hope we can get some more average players on board to get ~20 league goals

Corleone

Straight out of the playground. Bumchum giggle giggle snigger snigger. Lets have a fag around the back of the bike sheds.

I do wonder the mentality of some people. Unless of course I am doung him a disservice and he is between 11 and 15 years of age.

Corleone

Straight out of the playground. Bumchum giggle giggle snigger snigger. Lets have a fag around the back of the bike sheds.

I do wonder the mentality of some people. Unless of course I am doung him a disservice and he is between 11 and 15 years of age.

The same guy who said something along the lines of Walcott deserving to have his legs broken for a bit of banter with the crowd.

Enough said methinks.

no there is a 6 page thread because idiots like you bowie and taylor10 are making him a scapegoat like you always do

first it was Johnson then Elliot, fontaine now its baldock its as if city fans want to destroy players simply because they are jealous of them and their ability

Edit - been a decent thread so far so not rising to you.

At the end of the day, if Baldock stayed away from injury last season he would have got 20+ goals. This season he's getting a lot more chances but for some reason isn't being as clinical goals to chances ratio wise as he was last season, but is still on course for more than 20 goals which I'm sure he'll get. 

Jet is a completely different matter, he can turn it on whenever he wants to, but Baldock has to work hard to score his goals, some of the runs he makes are very clever and on occasions defenders can't get near him. He doesn't have the natural ability of Jet but he works his socks off for the team, which is why him and Jet compliment each other as a strike partnership. 

So for those saying drop Jet or Baldock, be careful what you wish for. We have a strike partnership that is in the top three in this league, and without either of those two starting regularly I think we'll begin to struggle. One thing I would say however is take the armband off Baldock and see what happens. He doesn't strike me as a leader if I'm honest, and maybe it is that extra bit of pressure that is preventing him from scoring the majority of these missed chances.

Also, stop bloody insulting each other and keep this discussion about football. 

Oh, and for what it's worth, according to the stats Baldock has scored 20.6% of his shots this season.

In comparison to the top premier league scorers, Aguero is a wee bit more clinical at 28%, whereas Suarez is 25.9%. Not exactly ground breaking is it. Looks like they both have plenty of efforts that don't result in goals too, the difference is their teams are challenging for the premier league whilst we are languishing at the bottom of division 3. No one would be talking about this if we had conceded fewer and got more points on the board.

Not interested in the Premier League?

How about our own league then. Let's look at those who have scored more than Baldock:

Ryan Lowe - 42%

Britt Assombalonga - 23.2%

Sam Baldock - 20.6%

Leon Clarke - 20%

Nakhi Wells - 19.2%

Callum Wilson - 18.9%

Patrick Bamford - 16.9%

Clayton Donaldson - 16.8%

What does this tell us? Lowe (bit of a freak stat, that one) is well ahead of the trend in terms of clinical finishing, but of the others, only Assombalonga has been more clinical than Baldock this season.

Funnily enough, Patrick Bamford and Nakhi Wells - both mentioned in this thread as prolific strikers and both transferred to a higher league - have been less prolific than Baldock this season.

Don't know about Lowe, does he take penalties, have Tranmere had a lot of them? He's had an incredibly low number of shots compared to others.

Oh, and for what it's worth, according to the stats Baldock has scored 20.6% of his shots this season.

In comparison to the top premier league scorers, Aguero is a wee bit more clinical at 28%, whereas Suarez is 25.9%. Not exactly ground breaking is it. Looks like they both have plenty of efforts that don't result in goals too, the difference is their teams are challenging for the premier league whilst we are languishing at the bottom of division 3. No one would be talking about this if we had conceded fewer and got more points on the board.

Not interested in the Premier League?

How about our own league then. Let's look at those who have scored more than Baldock:

Ryan Lowe - 42%

Britt Assombalonga - 23.2%

Sam Baldock - 20.6%

Leon Clarke - 20%

Nakhi Wells - 19.2%

Callum Wilson - 18.9%

Patrick Bamford - 16.9%

Clayton Donaldson - 16.8%

What does this tell us? Lowe (bit of a freak stat, that one) is well ahead of the trend in terms of clinical finishing, but of the others, only Assombalonga has been more clinical than Baldock this season.

Funnily enough, Patrick Bamford and Nakhi Wells - both mentioned in this thread as prolific strikers and both transferred to a higher league - have been less prolific than Baldock this season.

Oh bugger don't go all factual on peoples asses. That will result in name calling.

Now this 22 one on ones missed. Still waiting for proof from those saying it is so.

Oh bugger don't go all factual on peoples asses. That will result in name calling.

Now this 22 one on ones missed. Still waiting for proof from those saying it is so.

It's just funny isn't it. People jump on the "unclinical" bandwagon, and he's been one of the most clinical in the league.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way, they don't mean anything.

It's just funny isn't it. People jump on the "unclinical" bandwagon, and he's been one of the most clinical in the league.

You surley have seen the same games as me, the ones where SB has missed very easy chances he should have scored??

Indeed. He misses chances, so do many others. But only Bristol City would he be moaned at and called shit. I wonder what Peterborough and Bradford fans were saying abouttheirtop goal scorers? Wells shit drop him assongalonga spl shit drop him.

You surley have seen the same games as me, the ones where SB has missed very easy chances he should have scored??

I don't disagree that he's missed chances that he should have done better at.

But the stats don't lie, he's one of the most clinical finishers in the league in terms of goals to chances.

What that does show is that the other "top strikers" that everyone gushes over - Bamford, Wells, Donaldson etc miss a greater proportion of their attempts than Baldock does.

To think we sacrificed 1.5 million for him.

Clearly that was a very poor piece of business.

How? He's the joint 7th top scorer in the league, he's only 24.

If we had a good defence we'd fly up the league, he scored 2 yesterday, yes he missed a few but it wasn't his fault we conceded 2.

So do other teams top marksman. You reckon they get the bile and even booing Baldock has got?

Booing? Where have you heard that? I've not heard it at Ashton Gate.

Plenty of "******* hell Baldock" shouts but no booing.

If we had a good defence we'd fly up the league, he scored 2 yesterday, yes he missed a few but it wasn't his fault we conceded 2.

Don't waste your breath, it's like talking to a piece of plywood.

Clearly he has a personal agenda, because the stats have killed his argument dead in the water, yet it continues...

A lot of ironic chants, sarcastic comments around me in the Atyeo

It must make you wonder what goes through his head.

Joint club top scorer in the league, one of the highest (and most clinical) scorers in the division overall - despite playing in a team looking like relegation material for much of the season - and you hear people booing you off?

People talk about a confidence issue...I wonder what the cause of that could be?!

Ui had a look at his goals. There is only 1 game (Coventry) where his goals haven't got us a point or 3. So we can argue that his misses have cost us pounts. But the goals he has scored have helped keep us in contention for a chance of getting out of relegation.

He has set up a fair few as well. I haven't looked at those stats. But goals scored he has got us about 16 points

Archived