IGNORED

Football Trivia

Southport Red

Question now, Clubs with unique Kit colours in the football league?

Blackpool is one

Wolves in their Old Gold? Northampton in that cross between dark red & purple?

I didn't think any team played in brown, but so many fans round the country will occasionally utter "I think we looked like a load of s##t today"!

I didn't think any team played in brown, but so many fans round the country will occasionally utter "I think we looked like a load of s##t today"!

i remember Coventry City playing in a change brown kit

Bear in mind we had never lost to Germany prior to 1968 - most of the meetings before then were England wins, and those that weren't were draws.

Since 2000 it's 4-3 to Germany (England won in the meetings at Euro 2000, the 5-1 in Munich in 2001, and the 2008 friendly in Berlin. Germany's four wins were 1-0 at Wembley in 2000, 4-1 in Bloemfontein in 2010, 2-1 at Wembley in a 2007 friendly, and 1-0 in a friendly at Wembley last November),

Interesting as to whether they should count the earlier results, which were of course against West Germany. Cannot ever remember playing them in truth, but do East Germany's results just get deleted from those records, or do the records only count results against a United Germany? Likewise, USSR, Yugoslavia, the old Check side, etc etc.

We'll easily get out the group according to some ;)

Now trivia, What team has a completely unique kit in the football league (colour wise) I believe they are the only team to wear the colours?

Blackpool. Tangerine.

Bohemia on June 13th 1908, the match was played in Prague and England won 4-0.

Rather odd that as in 1867 Bohemia had become part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

In 1918 it became part of the new state of Czechoslovakia.

A friend of mine claims that his four grandparents were born in four different countries, but in the same village. Probably not true, but definitely possible.

It's a difficult one that, Burnley play in a similar colour but have light blue as a trim

It's both or neither unless another team plays in that colour that has gone completely over my head

Interesting as to whether they should count the earlier results, which were of course against West Germany. Cannot ever remember playing them in truth, but do East Germany's results just get deleted from those records, or do the records only count results against a United Germany? Likewise, USSR, Yugoslavia, the old Check side, etc etc.

The 12-12 (or 14-12 to Germany if penalty shootouts are included) counts West Germany and unified Germany, but does not include England's four games against East Germany, of which England won three and drew the other. The most recent game against East Germany was in 1984; England won 1-0 thanks to a great goal by Bryan Robson. Video as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euarQ4cK9qw

All of the results are on the following page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England%E2%80%93Germany_football_rivalry

Name the four teams who, in their history, have finished runners up in England's top division, and runners up in the FA Cup (don't have to have been in the same season), but have never won either trophy?

Leicester has to be one?

Name the four teams who, in their history, have finished runners up in England's top division, and runners up in the FA Cup (don't have to have been in the same season), but have never won either trophy?

We're one of them.

Archived