Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southport Red

Football Trivia

Wolves in their Old Gold? Northampton in that cross between dark red & purple?

I didn't think any team played in brown, but so many fans round the country will occasionally utter "I think we looked like a load of s##t today"!

i remember Coventry City playing in a change brown kit

Bear in mind we had never lost to Germany prior to 1968 - most of the meetings before then were England wins, and those that weren't were draws.

Since 2000 it's 4-3 to Germany (England won in the meetings at Euro 2000, the 5-1 in Munich in 2001, and the 2008 friendly in Berlin. Germany's four wins were 1-0 at Wembley in 2000, 4-1 in Bloemfontein in 2010, 2-1 at Wembley in a 2007 friendly, and 1-0 in a friendly at Wembley last November),

Interesting as to whether they should count the earlier results, which were of course against West Germany. Cannot ever remember playing them in truth, but do East Germany's results just get deleted from those records, or do the records only count results against a United Germany? Likewise, USSR, Yugoslavia, the old Check side, etc etc.

We'll easily get out the group according to some ;)

Now trivia, What team has a completely unique kit in the football league (colour wise) I believe they are the only team to wear the colours?

Blackpool. Tangerine.

Bohemia on June 13th 1908, the match was played in Prague and England won 4-0.

Rather odd that as in 1867 Bohemia had become part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

In 1918 it became part of the new state of Czechoslovakia.

A friend of mine claims that his four grandparents were born in four different countries, but in the same village. Probably not true, but definitely possible.

Wolves in their Old Gold? Northampton in that cross between dark red & purple?

I didn't think any team played in brown, but so many fans round the country will occasionally utter "I think we looked like a load of s##t today"!

It's a difficult one that, Burnley play in a similar colour but have light blue as a trim

It's both or neither unless another team plays in that colour that has gone completely over my head

Only team to win the European Cup with a side that every player who appeared in the final were born within a 50 mile radius of the clubs stadium?

Only team to win the European Cup with a side that every player who appeared in the final were born within a 50 mile radius of the clubs stadium?

Celtic 

Interesting as to whether they should count the earlier results, which were of course against West Germany. Cannot ever remember playing them in truth, but do East Germany's results just get deleted from those records, or do the records only count results against a United Germany? Likewise, USSR, Yugoslavia, the old Check side, etc etc.

The 12-12 (or 14-12 to Germany if penalty shootouts are included) counts West Germany and unified Germany, but does not include England's four games against East Germany, of which England won three and drew the other. The most recent game against East Germany was in 1984; England won 1-0 thanks to a great goal by Bryan Robson. Video as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euarQ4cK9qw

All of the results are on the following page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England%E2%80%93Germany_football_rivalry

Name the four teams who, in their history, have finished runners up in England's top division, and runners up in the FA Cup (don't have to have been in the same season), but have never won either trophy?

Leicester has to be one?

Name the four teams who, in their history, have finished runners up in England's top division, and runners up in the FA Cup (don't have to have been in the same season), but have never won either trophy?

We're one of them.

Bristol City: League runners up 1906/7, FA Cup Runners Up 1909

Without checking I'd suggest Stevenage or Crawley would be the best bet? Either them or one of theo ther relative newcomers to the league

Without checking I'd suggest Stevenage or Crawley would be the best bet? Either them or one of theo ther relative newcomers to the league

Tyrone Barnet ex Crawley

Stevenage I can't think of anyone

I think in the championship we are linked with everyone league 2 will let us down

Footballers to play for both Bristol clubs?

Danny Coles

Steve Phillips

David Clarkson

John Akinde

Marcus Stewart

Jason Roberts

Dwayne Plummer

Many more from before my time, Bobby Gould maybe?

Ok how about this one: name the teams not in the English league system that city have met in competitive games?

I can think of eight, there may be more.

Footballers to play for both Bristol clubs?

Danny Coles

Steve Phillips

David Clarkson

John Akinde

Marcus Stewart

Jason Roberts

Dwayne Plummer

Many more from before my time, Bobby Gould maybe?

Ok how about this one: name the teams not in the English league system that city have met in competitive games?

I can think of eight, there may be more.

Peter Hooper

Ray Cashley

Terry Cooper

Donnie Gillies

Peter Aitken

Aiden McCaffrey

Brian Williams

Trevor Morgan

Peter Beadle

Christian Edwards

Tim Carter

Joe Anyinsah

Paul Heffernan

Phil Kite

Tamworth

St Albans

Luton

Wrexham

Stockport

Chester

Aldershot

Grimsby

All of which play in the English league system. I assume he means the likes of

Cosenza, Pisa, St Mirren, Cremonese, Partick Thistle, Hibernian..  all teams we have played in the Anglos Scottish or Italian Cups.

Good question actually, I'll think some more.

EDIT: Aberdare Athletic disbanded so I presume they count Mr Sung??

All of which play in the English league system. I assume he means the likes of

Cosenza, Pisa, St Mirren, Cremonese, Partick Thistle, Hibernian.. all teams we have played in the Anglos Scottish or Italian Cups.

Good question actually, I'll think some more.

EDIT: Aberdare Athletic disbanded so I presume they count Mr Sung??

So though he meant Football League, Was wondering How he could only manage 8!!

Does rangers in the Blackthorn Cup count?

So though he meant Football League, Was wondering How he could only manage 8!!

Does rangers in the Blackthorn Cup count?

Shouldn't think so, he said competitive fixtures, I'd have that down as a friendly, despite the fancy title!!

Oh, and Reggiana is another one.

Yep... Missing one more Italian club and one more Scotish one. Aberdare dont count as we played them in the football league. :-)

Morton?