IGNORED

Mark Wilson Interview, "sod Was A Strange Fella"

!james

You have to admire his confidence in his own ability ("I was one of the better players") however deluded he is.

For me he will be in the same bracket as Phil Barber, Scott Mcgarvey, Bas Savage etc as truly awful BCFC players.

He is deluded. Had he been able to run properly he might of had half a chance....

anyone in his postion would do the same, its not his fault its our fault putting it in in the first place,

"its not his fault" its his fault he is shit,  but yes maybe we would all do the same but then dont go moaning later that you were stuck in hell, he was stuck in hell because he was greedy and useless.

All of the things to criticise SOD for I think the fact that he didn't pick a piss poor relic of his predecessors regime would have to be way down the list.

Good job the "sports scientist" didn't pick the team, then....

I've seen enough of Mark Wilson in his career to know he could have been an asset to Bristol City.

That said, injuries have severely depleted his sharpness and maybe he would have been a better option as a ball playing centre half or a holding midfield player, although those aren't natural roles for him.

Earlier in his career he may well have been a decent player. What City fans can only judge him on was his performances playing for City. These, unfortunately, were in the style of Nicky Hunt. The fact that he has gone back to Scotland and has been playing "well" must illustrate that the standard of football there is pretty poor.

Earlier in his career he may well have been a decent player. What City fans can only judge him on was his performances playing for City. These, unfortunately, were in the style of Nicky Hunt. The fact that he has gone back to Scotland and has been playing "well" must illustrate that the standard of football there is pretty poor.

Piss poor, I believe the expression is...

SOD is a well respected manager at this level. He could not talk to the players & and he could not talk to the board (Burt did the translation).

Not brain surgery really..

He was total dog shite here. Thats all I care about:  took us down once, without any kind of fight, and would have managed back to back relegations without a serious fight had he stayed.Dull uncommunicative miserable individual. Not missed one jot.

He was total dog shite here. Thats all I care about:  took us down once, without any kind of fight, and would have managed back to back relegations without a serious fight had he stayed.Dull uncommunicative miserable individual. Not missed one jot.

You can be as as positive as you like. No clue about football and you are lost. 

I remember when we first signed this guy, thought he was very good for the first few games then after he looked as if he had never kicked a football in his life before. Odd to hear how SOD treated him though don't quite see why he would handle it like that if its true.

Didn't SoD say early on, that there was a clause in Wilson's contact that meant that although he was out of contract it had to be extended, if I remember the interview it was very much a case of we were stuck with him whether we liked it or no

Like Foster and Morris, just another washed up player from Scotland who contributed f@@k all to this club, his view ain't worth a sack of dog crap.

Archived