IGNORED

The Official City V Nylons Match Thread

Aizoon

Unfortunately, we just cannot seem to get a squad that works, we have tried 3 managers, and various formations and players, but for whatever reason, we seem to be full of errors. Now of course errors make chances, but we seem to be the most adept team over 4 seasons at playing ourselves into trouble. Take Saturday, or another own goal by Flint, the terrible Gillet pass. I mean how as a manager can you deal with that, what can you do ? I genuinely cannot recall a period in my years (40) of watching City where I have seen us make so many self inflicted errors. I have seen us be poor due to lack of ability, beaten by better sides, have  squad ruined by injury, a one off wrong tactical choice, freak goals, but never ever have I seen game in game out comical defending and continual basic errors. Never. But it covers many managers, god knows how many players. It is not normal. 

Still, all we can do is stick together, this is a time when all of us, players , fans and manager have to get backs to the wall. it will not be pretty, it will be rough, but we need to keep our sorry arses in this league, and we won't do that by falling out with each other. At home games, fans have to give it their all, that is all we can do, and then end of season someone really needs to work out the curse that is BCFC :-( 

A lot of hard work needed. 

Remember the days when half the people on this board thought Orr, McAllister and McCombe weren't good enough? Since then we have had 5 managers who wouldn't know a good defender if they fell over one and the longest unbroken chain of crap central defenders on record. Players taking the piss while taking the fans' and Steve's money and getting away with it is now the established culture.

I think everyone is over reacting here, we have just faced one of the best sides in the league, and were doing so again. If tonight's scores stay the same, we'll only be a win off of the safety spots. A win on Saturday(yes that'll nene we have to win) and we could be out of the relegation spots, with a game in hand on a couple of the teams around.

Let's just hope we don't get absaloutly hammered tonight, so we don't lose all of our confidence

I think everyone is over reacting here, we have just faced one of the best sides in the league, and were doing so again. If tonight's scores stay the same, we'll only be a win off of the safety spots. A win on Saturday(yes that'll nene we have to win) and we could be out of the relegation spots, with a game in hand on a couple of the teams around.

Let's just hope we don't get absaloutly hammered tonight, so we don't lose all of our confidence

At this stage, clawing back a goal to avoid worsening our goal difference would be a plus.

That said; we've got 3 centre backs, two wing backs and two defensive midfielders on the pitch, so that isn't looking likely.

The problem is, as others have said, we are not learning anything from these defeats. If Brentford were taking us apart and scoring Premiership quality goals fair enough, but we have apparently gifted them all three goals. It's hard enough playing a team riding high and in form without doing that.

Here here! I would rather win one game every 3 games at the moment than go on undefeated run of draws

The point that this misses is that yet again the problem is crass errors by the same culprits not the brilliance of the opposition.

Unfortunately, we just cannot seem to get a squad that works, we have tried 3 managers, and various formations and players, but for whatever reason, we seem to be full of errors. Now of course errors make chances, but we seem to be the most adept team over 4 seasons at playing ourselves into trouble. Take Saturday, or another own goal by Flint, the terrible Gillet pass. I mean how as a manager can you deal with that, what can you do ? I genuinely cannot recall a period in my years (40) of watching City where I have seen us make so many self inflicted errors. I have seen us be poor due to lack of ability, beaten by better sides, have  squad ruined by injury, a one off wrong tactical choice, freak goals, but never ever have I seen game in game out comical defending and continual basic errors. Never. But it covers many managers, god knows how many players. It is not normal. 

Still, all we can do is stick together, this is a time when all of us, players , fans and manager have to get backs to the wall. it will not be pretty, it will be rough, but we need to keep our sorry arses in this league, and we won't do that by falling out with each other. At home games, fans have to give it their all, that is all we can do, and then end of season someone really needs to work out the curse that is BCFC :-( 

A lot of hard work needed.

We've been cursed, I said before get a priest in.

I think its more to do with the frustration of the constant costly mistakes. Before the Wolves gameI thought we d be lucky to get one point from these two very difficult games. Like you say, Iif we win saturday things can look a whole lot better Iif the other results go for us.

it doesn't matter who we sign,who we get in as manager nothing changes.

we've just got to accept it we're f...in doomed. until we drop to the bottom division the football gods will give us no peace. what the **** we've done to deserve this who knows?

we shall overcome some day!!! (before my days are up please!}

Archived