IGNORED

The Official City V Nylons Match Thread

Aizoon

Chillax. These two were mulligans. To take a point would have been a decent return. We are not mighty, we are not good, so we had no right to expect anything more than nil points on the board away at the past two games.

Balls to the manner also. I'd rather play crap and lose at Brentford than play crap and lose at home to Crewe. We will play bad. We will have bad games, better off having them away at teams in top 6 than anywhere else.

What other positives can I take from night apart from the sags losing??

Sorry dude - didnt mean to come across as a moody f&*k........just think celebrating them losing when we're in the pitiful state we're in is a bit meaningless.....as to your question, we only lost by 2?!!

we've just lost 3-1 and the commentary ended with ''City will have some positives to take from the game''

I'm never listening to Radio Bristol match commentary every again. Truly awful

But, more crucially, no points.

Never expected us to get anything here, but it is more the fact SC is starting to show the sort of pointless caution that hobbled and then ruined McInnes' reign.

We lined up to try and frustrate a team who are flying, and they predictably tore into us, quickly putting the game out of our reach, and removing almost any point of us bothering to turn up.

One shot on target about says it all; even at the darkest times earlier on this season we carried a goal threat, and it is probably the one aspect of our game that needed the least tinkering.

But tinker we have, and tonight we chose to start a side with only 3 players who'd scored for us this season; Baldock, Elliott, Flint, and the last of those who's scored more own goals than those for us, including ANOTHER tonight.  That isn't to mention us leaving out top scorer and single positive from a dire, dire season on the bench; insane decision.  Utterly insane.

Only decent thing about tonight it that Rotherham did us a favour and stopped Tranmere taking a step away from the relegation scrap... but that said, our next opponents won with aplomb against a team we couldn't defeat to do exactly that.

As I said; expected no points from these two games, but at least expected Cotterill to play a settled team and allow us to try and play our own, primarily attacking game.

We have to go for broke now, especially in the next three games, where less than two wins will see us well and truly favourites to go down.

If we don't start throwing caution to the wind, playing our best players in the actual positions, and realising that winning every second game is more profitable than drawing them all, we are gubbed.

Oh, and El Abd may end up being a decent signing, but considering we've gone from conceding 2 in 3 in the league prior to his arrival, to shipping 8 in 3, I think he perhaps isn't quit the answer to our problems.  Just saying.

There is a reason for that mate

Yeah, I'm in no way defending the previous Manager and his poor record - it is quite indefensible.  But, had Fielding not had that mad moment v Bradford, Fonts not effed up a simple ball over the top v Cov, Baldock slotted into an empty net away at MK, Balders again put his chance away at Gills, Flint not passed it to Lee Hughes at Vale, Waggy not unnecessarily bundled over his man in injury time at Crewe then SOD might easily have had an extra 10 points on the board and things looking healthier.

I've mentioned many times during Sod's reign how the player errors were telling - and that it was the more experienced players making these errors, but it was a futile argument according to most on here.

All's I'm now suggesting is that the anti-Sodites bleated on and on about Sod being responsible and yet now all we're hearing from the Cotterettes is how the players individual errors are to blame, when in actual fact, the situation is exactly the same - ergo, was a change at the top necessary?

Folks on here can't have it both ways - either the players are at fault or the manager is at fault, not one or the other depending on who you like.

Maybe with all his money he should headhunt someone who knows how to appoint a football manager........and insist that they ignore any suggestion or input that he (Landsdown that is) may propose?

Just go and concentrate on what he's good at. There are numerous things I'm completely crap at but I recognize this and concentrate on the areas in which I can achieve. Whilst he's in charge nothing will change. Love the new stadium though.

The most frustrating part is, our position does not reflect the squad we have, so what is going on?

Or are we simply over rating the players we have? I do think you're right though, I just think maybe the tactics and gameplay isn't quite as good as it should be in order to use the players to their full capabilities.

SC has had it all to do, after watching the absolute dire football served up by SOD, I think he's improved it a lot. I am getting sick and tired of the weekly disappointments now though

Exactly the same as Wolves!

Shot ourselves in the foot 3 times with individual errors

Looked good after scoring then the second went in then the third. Second half was shocking no fight or determination. We need a player who can dominate the middle of the park, Tackle and Head the ball.

When we needed to attack we just didn't very very poor

The only positive you can take from that game is that Marv put 100% in and showed the other players what should be expected everytime you put on the shirt.

Absolutely embarrasing performance, Derek Williams' free kick summed the whole game up.

El Abd and Flint should never be allowed to play together again, they both make Carey look fast.

Still hoping cotts will prove me wrong and be better than Sod in terms of getting points. I aint going to make any knee jerk reactions and genuinely hope he gets us out of this. I was far from a sod lover just didnt think we could get anyone better. We have a good squad and had a good squad they are still under performing and that was my concern under sod as he couldnt inspire anything. Cotts after a honeymoon period does not seem to either. I genuinely feel now its down to us to do all we can game time to lift the team and be as positive as we can. The squad is good enough but has no belief that needs to change. Consecutive managers have failed to deliver but at some point we got to stick with one. I feel right miserable right now and even after reading posts hear am gutted I could not get away from work early enough to be there tonight. Hurting but will never lose my love orvhope for my beloved Bristol City

Yeah, I'm in no way defending the previous Manager and his poor record - it is quite indefensible.  But, had Fielding not had that mad moment v Bradford, Fonts not effed up a simple ball over the top v Cov, Baldock slotted into an empty net away at MK, Balders again put his chance away at Gills, Flint not passed it to Lee Hughes at Vale, Waggy not unnecessarily bundled over his man in injury time at Crewe then SOD might easily have had an extra 10 points on the board and things looking healthier.

I've mentioned many times during Sod's reign how the player errors were telling - and that it was the more experienced players making these errors, but it was a futile argument according to most on here.

All's I'm now suggesting is that the anti-Sodites bleated on and on about Sod being responsible and yet now all we're hearing from the Cotterettes is how the players individual errors are to blame, when in actual fact, the situation is exactly the same - ergo, was a change at the top necessary?

Folks on here can't have it both ways - either the players are at fault or the manager is at fault, not one or the other depending on who you like.

It wasn't just this season with SO'D.

The club was dying on his feet with him as manager, twenty five hundred STH's had given up the ghost and stopped attending.

As well as all those who hadn't renewed due to the disgraceful lack of fight shown by his players in the act of ignominious relegation.

He absolutely HAD to go, his negativity was strangling the club, and a downward spiral seemed certain to continue.

Whether we've got the right replacement is another matter which only time will prove one way or another.

simple really -- we have angered the god's for some reason and the end is nigh!! as someone else said we need an exorcist to get rid of our demons -- not a new manager director or players!!!!

Considering we beat Carlisle 4-2 away this season, Saturday will be a key barometer on whether we've got better or worse.

Ummm or it will indicate absolutely nothing...

I wasn't at the game or even listened to it, it was a foregone conclusion that we would lose given the idiotic team selection.

You drop the player that has scored 18 and assisted in 10, coupled with the only other midfielder with any creativity, then play a centre back as a wing back, and you have a team with fk all threat.

Shite decision making by the manager and not for the first time.

He's fked up the defence by introducing another centre back and playing him out of position and moving a decent centre back to a position he's never played before (other than Wolves where he was a fish out of water) and who has now picked up a hamstring injury. 

I never expected anything from this game other than having a go at them but that selection was just plain stupid and throws up a hell of a lot of questions about this bloke we've brought in as manager.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm behind whoever is in the dugout, and have felt positive since Cotterill turned up and seemingly lifted the squad.

But the selection tonight stunk, and the only surprise is that we've scored, considering how negative the line up was.

We line up in a similar manner in future I expect the same results; we need to focus on our positive aspect, namely our attack, and build around that, not sacrifice this single shining light.

The club was dying on his feet with him as manager, twenty five hundred STH's had given up the ghost and stopped attending.

As well as all those who hadn't renewed due to the disgraceful lack of fight shown by his players in the act of ignominious relegation.

He absolutely HAD to go, his negativity was strangling the club, and a downward spiral seemed certain to continue.

Whether we've got the right replacement is another matter which only time will prove one way or another.

I generally agree with what you say but Sod had and has talents as a manager no but coach yes. The question is could we get anyone better and that remains to be seen. I would prefer to have done what forest did but in reverse and kept Sod as coach ( if he was willing ) and bring in a motivator and face for the camera. I didnt believe Cotts was that man or is it that man but want him to prove me wrong. Losing at the press briefing was a worry as is two compilations all be it to the leaders.

I generally agree with what you say but Sod had and has talents as a manager no but coach yes. The question is could we get anyone better and that remains to be seen. I would prefer to have done what forest did but in reverse and kept Sod as coach ( if he was willing ) and bring in a motivator and face for the camera. I didnt believe Cotts was that man or is it that man but want him to prove me wrong. Losing at the press briefing was a worry as is two compilations all be it to the leaders.

In an ideal world maybe that could've worked, even though it must be said we really didn't see much evidence of SO'D's coaching talents on the pitch.

If you read SL's comments after SO'D's departure though it seems clear he couldn't remain at the club in any capacity.

I didn't expect anything from these two games so I'm no more pessimistic about our chances than I was on Friday.

And this is where the anti-Sodites and Cotterettes will be seen to be hypocritical.

SOD came in half way through a transfer window with no funds provided to him, with a team in 24th place and 20 games remaining.

Cotts came in 4 weeks before a transfer window, with funds being promised, with a team in 23rd place and 28 games remaining.

The anti-Sodites blamed SOD for our relegation last season.

If we get relegated this season, the Cotterettes will still blame SOD, even though he has taken over a team better placed, with 8 more games and more funds available.

Archived