IGNORED

The Official City V Nylons Match Thread

Aizoon

Just what I feared, its early days, and I really hope to be proved 100% wrong.......but Cotterill talks a good game, and likes to blather on, but he really is not the long term solution, and is the wrong manager to have been given a long term contract..........feel free to shoot me down

Surely you're not questioning the boards decision making?

Unfortunately, we just cannot seem to get a squad that works, we have tried 3 managers, and various formations and players, but for whatever reason, we seem to be full of errors. Now of course errors make chances, but we seem to be the most adept team over 4 seasons at playing ourselves into trouble. Take Saturday, or another own goal by Flint, the terrible Gillet pass. I mean how as a manager can you deal with that, what can you do ? I genuinely cannot recall a period in my years (40) of watching City where I have seen us make so many self inflicted errors. I have seen us be poor due to lack of ability, beaten by better sides, have  squad ruined by injury, a one off wrong tactical choice, freak goals, but never ever have I seen game in game out comical defending and continual basic errors. Never. But it covers many managers, god knows how many players. It is not normal. 

Still, all we can do is stick together, this is a time when all of us, players , fans and manager have to get backs to the wall. it will not be pretty, it will be rough, but we need to keep our sorry arses in this league, and we won't do that by falling out with each other. At home games, fans have to give it their all, that is all we can do, and then end of season someone really needs to work out the curse that is BCFC :-( 

A lot of hard work needed

I'm sure i read those same said words around this time last season.

Too early to write off SC, tbh it's hard to see how the manager can be blamed for players making continual cock-ups at the back and missing sitters up front. My only gripe with SC thus far is the signing of El Abd - which is looking like really bad business. 

Well, SOD got carted out because of this.

It's been the same story all season.  We generally put in a decent performance, but either miss sitters or concede idiotic goals.  One Manager has been blamed and sacked because of it, whilst the other Manager is having the blame passed on to the players.

Well, SOD got carted out because of this.

It's been the same story all season.  We generally put in a decent performance, but either miss sitters or concede idiotic goals.  One Manager has been blamed and sacked because of it, whilst the other Manager is having the blame passed on to the players.

It's been the bloody story for the past 6 years. Constant basic defensive errors.

Archived