IGNORED

House Keep

Maltshoveller

Mrs Robbo charges both her sons 25% of their weekly wage. That includes full board, washing and ironing and household bills

Absolute bloody bargain.

Indeed. Soft touch. They should be doing their own washing and ironing!

Indeed. Make them realise how hard life can be, and you just can't go out and piss it up against the wall. If the parents don't need the money then they can put it in an account and if the offspring need help getting on the housing ladder later on, then the money is there.

I am mates with a lad from a fairly wealthy old man.  The old man did just that.  He charged his son quite a mean rate to live there, meaning he was extra-motivated to sort himself out.  When it came to my mate moving out it turns out his Dad had saved up all the money for him and it went on a deposit.  Pretty shrewd thinking. 

If ever I have kids, I'm going to teach them from an early age that the world doesn't owe them.

I am mates with a lad from a fairly wealthy old man. The old man did just that. He charged his son quite a mean rate to live there, meaning he was extra-motivated to sort himself out. When it came to my mate moving out it turns out his Dad had saved up all the money for him and it went on a deposit. Pretty shrewd thinking.

If ever I have kids, I'm going to teach them from an early age that the world doesn't owe them.

That is pretty good of him. Much harder getting on the housing ladder now. Make it difficult and it is a good life lesson, teaches you to budget.

I don't have kids. Never wanted them. But if I did I would teach them to stand on their own two feet. Provide for themselves. Of course if there was ever a real desperate need for financial help I would be there, but not for anything that wasn't going to adversely effect them.

I've got a three year old and a 3 month old and am already putting money away for either Uni or a house (hopefully they won't waste their time at Uni).

Hard enough for people now to get on the ladder. God knows what it will be like in 20 years time.

i take a percentage of pocket money as a way of getting them used to paying tax! Then I put it away from them in a savings account.

Back to the op about 20% sounds about right!

Archived