IGNORED

City Vs Carlisle Match Thread

Swinging praise I swear some of our so called fans enjoy us struggling, at least I didn't slag off City game time. Must be a lot of eggs on faces on here, SUPPORT the team.

Not at all. They deserved it after that first half effort or lack of. Can you stop following me around this forum please.

First half was disgraceful altho not that carlise were any good we gifted them.there goal but maybe a little unlucky not to be down by more with bad deep passing between defence and midfield. Pack was about the only player to come out with any credit .

The subs were a game changer , Elliot doing what he does best pressing high the pitch . Burns was a real threat on the right and had some great bursting runs . But most importantly we played 4-4-2 ! Altho would of kept Willams instead of either . Jet was thriving once Barnett came on nd he went deeper . I think is a gd idea for jet to go deeper once Reid comes off as the creative link

Do you realise that you mention SOD in most of your posts? He's gone.

Funny that, you're not averse to giving a strong, even abusive opinion on City managers yourself, in fact it only took you 34 minutes of today's game - post 86 on this thread - to call Cotterill a 'useless cretin of a manager'. Or 2 minutes later, 'the idiot has now pulled out a piece of paper wondering why we are 1 down'

Pretty personal stuff, not sure I remember EMB ever resorting to calling SO'D similar, and certainly not less than 2 months in to his City managerial career.

Funnily enough your frequent comments and 'on the spot' digs at Cotterill went very quiet on the match thread once City had scored.

Yeah I just read the match thread and I humbly apologise because it was clearly only me who thought the performance was awful. It's a forum and people post opinions. Get over it!

Yeah shame on you Rich ... Remember you don't attend and call it as you see it - that would just be wrong wouldn't it?! Oh and it's only ok to slag off a manager if he's called SOD . Not cheeky chappie Cotts.

I was there and saw what you saw - don't think it was City's worst performance (oh the choice we have!) but first half was appallingly bad. Yes Cotterill did make the change in time (how bad are we that Marvin Elliott is our saviour?) but that was after the team were subjected to boos ringing around the ground at half time because he got it wrong first half.

I think we were lucky yesterday but hopefully "Cotts" will learn quickly and take us up the table. Sadly as yet little that he has said or done has impressed me - but I live in hope and Moore looks an astute signing. And the post match interview rambling on about the crowd not seeing what's really happening or some such rubbish was toe-curling.

He should know by now that you only have a real understanding of the performance if you don't go to the match but post your commentary on the game on here.

That's not a dig at people who don't attend as there are all manner of reasons why people don't go and that's fine. Going though gives you a feel of whether the team is going forwards or backwards week by week ... And like RichS I think we are going backwards.

Still time to turn things around though hopefully and being out of the bottom four has got to be good for the team mentality.

Onwards and upwards - and all credit to those who attend and post as they see things.

To be honest I'm still so angry about what I heard from a bloke in the crowd today I'm not sure I want to comment on the game.

If you are the racist please make yourself known.

Best thing is report it to the club. Either the stewards at the game or contact them. People who make racist remarks at games should be banned.

To be honest I'm still so angry about what I heard from a bloke in the crowd today I'm not sure I want to comment on the game.

If you are the racist please make yourself known.

Next time you hear that, turn around and tell them to **** off face to face. I'm surprised nobody did. Believe me, they will listen.

But for now report the incident to the club, do you know exactly where they were sat?

Yeah shame on you Rich ... Remember you don't attend and call it as you see it - that would just be wrong wouldn't it?! Oh and it's only ok to slag off a manager if he's called SOD . Not cheeky chappie Cotts.

I was there and saw what you saw - don't think it was City's worst performance (oh the choice we have!) but first half was appallingly bad. Yes Cotterill did make the change in time (how bad are we that Marvin Elliott is our saviour?) but that was after the team were subjected to boos ringing around the ground at half time because he got it wrong first half.

I think we were lucky yesterday but hopefully "Cotts" will learn quickly and take us up the table. Sadly as yet little that he has said or done has impressed me - but I live in hope and Moore looks an astute signing. And the post match interview rambling on about the crowd not seeing what's really happening or some such rubbish was toe-curling.

He should know by now that you only have a real understanding of the performance if you don't go to the match but post your commentary on the game on here.

That's not a dig at people who don't attend as there are all manner of reasons why people don't go and that's fine. Going though gives you a feel of whether the team is going forwards or backwards week by week ... And like RichS I think we are going backwards.

Still time to turn things around though hopefully and being out of the bottom four has got to be good for the team mentality.

Onwards and upwards - and all credit to those who attend and post as they see things.

Yep, as long as they haven't had several pints, and comment on incidents they are seeing ( this is indeed helpful to those reliant on the radio) rather than forcing their opinion of the manager down people's throats at the first opportunity.

And as long as they give their posts balance by later giving credit to the players and manager when they strive, and succeed, to put things right.

I was at the game and I watch matches cold stone sober these days. We were awful first half, no doubt about that, but no doubt also the dreadful swirly conditions played a part, and no doubt too that it was a commendable effort by the players, and manager, to make the changes and up their game to grab the points in the second half when that scenario looked very unlikely at h/t.

A bit of balance is definitely required when someone is appointing themselves the on the spot match reporter because it is clear from the responses to Rich's posts just how easily the rabble can be roused by someone who clearly starts from a position of either not liking, or not rating, the manager.

He's entitled to his opinion of course, even if his pre match drinking may make his posts a little more dramatic and opinionated than necessary, but if you're going to damn the manager on the evidence of first half hour at least have the grace to keep posting at the same rate and give some credit for the second half.

Even if it's between gritted teeth.

From the very short highlights on the main site. The pass out by Williams that was intercepted early on when they hit the bar was an absolutely shocking pass, the free kick El Abd gave away for their goal was unprofessional and unnecessary and the wall did not do it's job for the free kick the guy on the end jumped up for some unknown reason and the ball went beneath him, those 2 minutes more than showed why we struggle to keep clean sheets.

From the very short highlights on the main site. The pass out by Williams that was intercepted early on when they hit the bar was an absolutely shocking pass, the free kick El Abd gave away for their goal was unprofessional and unnecessary and the wall did not do it's job for the free kick the guy on the end jumped up for some unknown reason and the ball went beneath him, those 2 minutes more than showed why we struggle to keep clean sheets.

2nd half as a back 4 was much improved. El Abd and Flint looked a lot more comfortable.

2nd half as a back 4 was much improved. El Abd and Flint looked a lot more comfortable.

The result was the most important thing yesterday, but too much of the 2 minutes of highlights, show exactly where the problems lie and to be honest, the intercepted pass, the stupid free kick and the sloppy wall aren't actually rocket science in fact they should be considered as the bread and butter side of the game.

Next time you hear that, turn around and tell them to **** off face to face. I'm surprised nobody did. Believe me, they will listen.

But for now report the incident to the club, do you know exactly where they were sat?

This was the problem. I have never seen the bloke there before. He was sat a few rows in front of me but he knew people in or around him. He kept complaining about paying 24 quid to watch 'this shit'. However when the rain started blowing towards us he moved around and swapped seats a few times. He then moved to a row behind me which was more or less empty. My mate and I over heard him utter the racist remark. He didn't shout it but I heard and so did my mate. We both looked at each other shocked and angry. This was literally on the half time whistle. As the half time whistle went I followed him to confront him but the half time rush meant I didn't see where he went. I was absolutely fuming and reported it to a steward and said I would point the bloke out when he came back. Unfortunately he didn't come back for the second half.

Trouble is how can you prove it from the evidence there? If he is there against Coventry I will make sure I record any remarks. This is the problem the bloke is clearly an ignorant racist. I telling off won't stop idiots like that. The worst thing was his son, probably in his twenties joined him shortly before half time and they were discussing how they should leave early as to not put up with the rubbish on show. I guess that's what the did. Aside from a poor performance on the pitch that well and truly ruined the day for me. I am still absolutely raging.

Archived