IGNORED

The Post Do It Again

Hillzider

It focuses more on Elliot getting a move due to his performance, and suggest that the win is effectively meaningless unless we beat Coventry, sidetracking to speculate on the negative reactions that would have emerged towards Cotterill if we'd lost.

Wish I'd not read it, wish you'd not posted that clickbait.

Why not screenshot stuff like that in future, so as to deny the Post the hits?

Hmmm ... there was a whole paragraph that pondered on what would have been if we had lost.  Irrelevant.

I imagine you're referring to:

'Had Carlisle held on to the lead given them by Brad Pott's 36th-minute free kick, they would have opened up a nine-point gap on the Robins and disgruntled City fans would have been saying the honeymoon period was well and truly over for manager Steve Cotterill.  City would have remained one place off the foot of the table, even more deeply in relegation trouble and the mood ahead of Coventry's visit would have been decidedly downbeat.  As it is, Cotterill is being lauded for his game-changing substitutions, City are out of the drop zone and hitherto worried supporters are now prepared to contemplate a rise up the table. In short, City's players will approach their next assignment against the Sky Blues with renewed confidence and in the belief they can achieve back-to-back league wins for only the second time this season.'

That seems a reasonably interesting and balanced paragraph to me.  It places the win in context.

I would say the honeymoon period is over anyway, are 3 defeats out of 4 in all competitions not a sign of this?

Not that I expected to beat any of Watford, Wolves or Brentford, for me, the honeymoon period was cut short when the Orient game was postponed - that's gone now though.

I don't understand why Elliott's contract doesn't get its own article, this is an interesting situation but not entirely relevant to Saturday. Generally a scatty report that's only 50% about the game.

I tend to read the opposition website's match reports and the football league paper for post match reports - any slant on City doesn't frustrate me as much

I would say the honeymoon period is over anyway, are 3 defeats out of 4 in all competitions not a sign of this?

Not that I expected to beat any of Watford, Wolves or Brentford, for me, the honeymoon period was cut short when the Orient game was postponed - that's gone now though.

I don't understand why Elliott's contract doesn't get its own article, this is an interesting situation but not entirely relevant to Saturday. Generally a scatty report that's only 50% about the game.

I tend to read the opposition website's match reports and the football league paper for post match reports - any slant on City doesn't frustrate me as much

Thought Marv's take on his contract situation was fairly interesting, you don't normally hear the players viewpoint on these things. Wonder if he will get offered a new contract ?

Thought Marv's take on his contract situation was fairly interesting, you don't normally hear the players viewpoint on these things. Wonder if he will get offered a new contract ?

With the risk of being a League Two club next season still very real, I'd imagine we are neither in a strong position or able to really offer him what he'll likely want at his age (i.e. more than a year, wage assurance).

Personally, I think he'd be a decent player at this level next year, so would want to keep him if we stay up.

But if we go down, although I think he'd be excellent in League Two, I also think we could get someone cheaper in the summer to do a job there.

With the risk of being a League Two club next season still very real, I'd imagine we are neither in a strong position or able to really offer him what he'll likely want at his age (i.e. more than a year, wage assurance).

Personally, I think he'd be a decent player at this level next year, so would want to keep him if we stay up.

But if we go down, although I think he'd be excellent in League Two, I also think we could get someone cheaper in the summer to do a job there.

I'm sure we'll stay up and would hope he gets an offer, and accepts, thereby hopefully reaching 300 appearances.

Lots of passion for the club but as pointed out on here not good enough skill, I don't think he will.

They really are shit, who is their type reader, Stevie Wonder?

Apparently our best win was 5-0  December 2014

worst defeat 0-9 April 2014  !

Yup, someone has just pointed this out to be. I wonder who is going to knock 9 past us in April, Stevenage away on Easter Monday perhaps? I was going to go to that, I don't think I'll bother now!

Looking foward to scoring 5 in December though, nice Xmas bonus that!

So they made a mistake with the headline, jeez lighten up who cares!! I thought it was a good write up personally. People will always find fault with everything no matter what!

I think you'll find that one exclamation mark is the required number by the board and council of utilisation of exclamation marks in forum posts ,an inacceptable fault i'm afraid.

I think you'll find that one exclamation mark is the required number by the board and council of utilisation of exclamation marks in forum posts ,an inacceptable fault i'm afraid.

I think you'll find that the regulations say a MINIMUM of one exclamation mark!!

Archived