IGNORED

The Official Leyton Orient V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Does anyone actually believe we will exit Leyton with anything other than our tails between our legs of defeat?

It is all a sorry cry from the heady days of 2008 when, as i recall, these two teams were well and truly 2 divisions apart; that swingometer has gone, effectively, almost 3 divisions worth as positions currently stand.

If we are to see any progress since Cotts came to power it is this sort of match where we absolutely must scrape draws from the teeth of defeat.

I want to say we can do that and would feel a lot better IF we see 4 at the back.. if that team sheet shows that in a couple or so hours from now I'll predict a very credible 2-2 draw. If not we might suffer a rather humiliating defeat that could severely defeat any fragile confidence we have. 

So come on Cotts get the formation right tonight squire.

Anyone remember going to Orient during a promotion season (guessing it was the 89-90 G*s year) when all you could hear for the 10 mins before kick off was the hordes of City singing 'bring on the champions'?

I was going to say it seems like a long time ago, but I suppose it is

Orient 3 City 0 - I really have no hope for tonight, and very little for the rest of the season

Got 6 episodes of Breaking Bad to go, so going to immerse myself in that and not bother checking my phone

I'm lying of course, first bollocking of the evening will come from the missus at about 7.48 when I've already checked my phone 5 times and I've missed some key point that I'm supposed to be watching. Then I'll give up at about 7.53 when Orient score and get back into BB. When it's still 1-0 at 7.59 I'll convince myself that we're doing ok and keep checking for the next 7 minutes, until the 2nd goes in (8.06 for those that are still with me). Come half time I'll still convince myself we're in it as we haven't conceded again yet. Come 8.54 when the 3rd goes in I'll remember that it's Tuesday and I have to put the bins out, then try and work out if it's an actual bin night, or just recycling. Then I'll spill the food recycling bin all over the drive and have to pick it up, by hand, in the dark and rain and remind myself this is the best the evening is going to get

To cheer myself up at the final whistle I'll come on here and see how much stick Flint, JET etc get and feel sorry for the poor buggers travelling home from spending hard earned cash watching the pile of shit they've just sat through and feel glad I'm in my warm house and the fact that I've nearly finished BB (not really grabbed me to be honest, not a patch on 24)

Anyway, I digress

'Bring on the champions'

• Like 3

Brisbane Road is by far the most depressing venue in the South of England, and I even include Priestfield in that. Remarkable, considering how much I hate both Gillingham town and Gillingham FC.

That aside, I don't reckon we'll get anything there tonight although, if conditions are anything like Brizzle now, it'll be a great leveller. I'm going for 3-1 Orient, but the ever-optimistic Horace says we'll sneak a 1-1 draw.

Incidentally, anyone notice how the flooding is suddenly serious, because it's the THAMES :o ? Funny how the media didn't make such a fuss about the Severn, Avon, Frome, Parret, Axe, Exe, or Dart...

Fixed

Edited by Aizoon

I expect nothing; would be genuinely delighted with a point; three might induce some form of euphoric coma.

What I do hope happens is we are at least try hard in all departments for 90 minutes, and that if we're beaten it is by the opposition playing better football, rather than blowing our own foot off early-doors via mistakes and poor play, then having to start actually performing with a handicap, al la pretty much all recent matches (including Carlisle, where at least our response was strong enough to recover).

Think we'll miss both Wagstaff and Marv tonight, and we desperately need the forwards (all of them, including Barnett) to start producing again,  It's now five games since any of them have scored from open play (not counting Burns, who has been played at a winger rather than up top).  

The fact we're getting defensively worse, while our at least once reliable goal scorers are not contributing is worrying, and with our only two real midfield goal threats now crocked, we cannot afford to have 'huff-and-puff' players like Barnett in the line-up, unless they contribute something tangible (does he even have an assist yet?).

Part of me thinks that the fickle football gods will probably give us a nil nil tough, just to piss off the bookies...