IGNORED

The Official Leyton Orient V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Let's be clear. If we lose tonight which is the most likely option, it doesn't mean we're going down. If we win tonight, which is not very likely, it doesn't mean we're staying up, though it would be a big help. If we get a point, that would help too. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. Get stuck in. Do your best. Good luck. COYR!

I posted this just before kick off yesterday. I stand by it 100%. It is a big help but we ain't out of the woods yet. There is still a lot of work, on the part of the players, and a lot of support on the part of the fans to be done. Let's have fullsome support on Saturday & even if it looks like going horribly wrong, no more barracking and booing please. Get behind the team. After last night they deserve it.

Absoloutly delighted we won, but how many times have we seen us a win a game, then the next week we play like crap and we're back to square one?

The next 4 games are easily winnable, all of them.. we can make our lives so much easier in the future if we keep picking up points

For me, this win is a bonus, an unexpected and excellent one, but a bonus never the less.

The next four games were always more important than yesterday; a good performance there, even if we'd lost, that set us up for facing our fellow relegation scrappers was the most important factor.  

Brilliant to have another three points on the board of course, and that the team seemed to have 'gelled' in this formation, but if we don't aggressively build on it, will be about as meaningful as our impressive win over Nottm Forest was last season.

Tranmere are on a relatively decent run, so we'll need to come flying out of the traps again, and impose ourselves.

Edited by samo II

I posted this just before kick off yesterday. I stand by it 100%. It is a big help but we ain't out of the woods yet. There is still a lot of work, on the part of the players, and a lot of support on the part of the fans to be done. Let's have fullsome support on Saturday & even if it looks like going horribly wrong, no more barracking and booing please. Get behind the team. After last night they deserve it.

Well said.

Indeed Nick.  Let's hope he sticks with my man Pack as well eh.  Cotterill has dropped him a few times but hopefully the following stats will put an end to that :

Pack Under Cotterill :

Games NOT Started : Played 3, Lost 3.

Games Started : Played 8, Won 3, Drawn 4, Lost 1 (and in that loss he was subbed at half time).

So basically Steve, play Pack for 90 mins and you'll be fine.  Oh, and make sure he's taking corners too.

It's an easy game this Nick.  :thumbsup:

Yes I stand corrected Harry, I'm a big fan of Pack, I had it in my mind you weren't. But google "otib Harry Pack" puts me right there!

Its just I'm so used to us having different opinions - ie me right you wrong - I just naturally assumed you thought Pack was shite! :laughcont:

Get yourself on that bus to Shropshire mate I'm holding a seat for you.

Edited by NickJ

For me, this win is a bonus, an unexpected and excellent one, but a bonus never the less.

The next four games were always more important than yesterday; a good performance there, even if we'd lost, that set us up for facing our fellow relegation scrappers was the most important factor.  

Brilliant to have another three points on the board of course, and that the team seemed to have 'gelled' in this formation, but if we don't aggressively build on it, will be about as meaningful as our impressive win over Nottm Forest was last season.

Tranmere are on a relatively decent run, so we'll need to come flying out of the traps again, and impose ourselves.

Absolutely.  A great result last night but we've got to be aiming 8 or 9 points from the next 4 matches.  I'm not saying it's easy but it's doable.  And I reckon getting those points on the board will put us a long way towards safety.  But if standards slip again, we're right back we started.

There was much moaning on here after the draw at Oldham and now there's jubilation following the wain at Orient.

Would the feel good factor be higher if City had won at Oldham and then drawn with Orient?

I'd have been delighted with a draw at Orient, regardless of the Oldham result.

My thinking is, and was before yesterday, that we are still in a very dangerous position, and that the real test will be the next four games.

Absolutely.  A great result last night but we've got to be aiming 8 or 9 points from the next 4 matches.  I'm not saying it's easy but it's doable.  And I reckon getting those points on the board will put us a long way towards safety.  But if standards slip again, we're right back we started.

Exactly.

Yesterday's result and most importantly PERFORMANCE (by all accounts; I wasn't there) has set us up nicely for these utterly crucial games.

For me, we need an absolute minimum of two victories (the home games) and at least one draw over the next four in order to give ourselves a chance, ideally 8 or 9 points in order to give us a true fighting chance.

The games in hand that those below us hold is not nothing; until the likes of Stevenage, Sheffield United, Crewe, Tranmere and Shewsbury have played out the matches they have in hand we cannot start thinking we are anywhere close to safe.  People were saying how our league position was an advantage pre-Coventry; one defeat put paid to that.

When we cannot be drawn back in by other teams results THEN we can start talking about safety.

It was a good performance, especially first half hour.

Thought Wade Elliott and Pack were fantastic.

No coincidence that possibly our best performance of the season (that I've seen) came with our most experienced line-up to date. Only Williams in the starting line up could be considered young and inexperienced.

That will be the steroids and speed slipped into their pre-match meal by the Preston fan who works in the hotel they were at.

You see UK0wnag3, it CAN be done.

Edited by Drew Peacock

We do indeed mate

I was stood immediately to your left in the first half V Coventry..... although I notice you moved to being behind me in the second half. Dunno if I had intruded your personal space  :blink:

(P.S I was in the plain black rain jacket who climbed over the back row of seats in a very ungraceful way either at the end of the first, or end of the second. Think I may have kicked FootyBabe on my way over - so sorry about that!)

See you tomorrow I expect.

Edited by PhilC

I was stood immediately to your left in the first half V Coventry..... although I notice you moved to being behind me in the second half. Dunno if I had intruded your personal space :blink:

(P.S I was in the plain black rain jacket who climbed over the back row of seats in a very ungraceful way either at the end of the first, or end of the second. Think I may have kicked

FootyBabe on my way over - so sorry about that!)

thats ok, easily done. i cant really remember it too many cider's. see you tomorrow

I was stood immediately to your left in the first half V Coventry..... although I notice you moved to being behind me in the second half. Dunno if I had intruded your personal space :blink:

(P.S I was in the plain black rain jacket who climbed over the back row of seats in a very ungraceful way either at the end of the first, or end of the second. Think I may have kicked FootyBabe on my way over - so sorry about that!)no you didnt intrude my space mate,just there wasnt alot of room 2nd half.c u tomorrow.coyr!!!!!!!!!