IGNORED

Elliott Parish

beaverface

OTIB POSTERS.... RRRRRREADY?! LET THE FOOTBALLER ASSASSINATION.... BEGIN!!!

He should of come off his line to claim the ball for the second one, but realistically if he was doing everything he should and stopping those shots he'd certainly not be on loan at Newport and probably wouldn't have ever signed for us. Looks an inexperienced lower division goalkeeper and is an inexperienced lower division goalkeeper

that's where he should've been dominant, called for it, and claimed it. Ball is better in his hands then just headed out by a defender to the edge of the box

There's no threat and should be no danger in allowing the defenders to get a head on it. If they hadn't ballsed that up they would have got it clear and there would be none of this chat about the goal. I watched the highlights kind of wanting to be proven that Moore is a better keeper but it didn't happen.

Very good potential?

He has been consistently poor.

He's made some very good saves in the matches he's played in. Frank Fielding never had one good match where as Elliot Parish has. He's younger and does show some genuine potential if given a bit of time and experience. He's the keeper in a poor team with a horrible defensive record.

He's made some very good saves in the matches he's played in. Frank Fielding never had one good match where as Elliot Parish has. He's younger and does show some genuine potential if given a bit of time and experience. He's the keeper in a poor team with a horrible defensive record.

Shot stopping is a basic requirement for a goalkeeper at this level, and he wasn't even any good at that....leyton orient home and away being an excellent example.

He wasn't a shot stopper, he didn't command his box, his distribution was poor. All round a poor goalkeeper at this level.

I like the guy, but personally I felt Fielding was better.....even if he did have a screw loose.

Shot stopping is a basic requirement for a goalkeeper at this level, and he wasn't even any good at that....leyton orient home and away being an excellent example.

He wasn't a shot stopper, he didn't command his box, his distribution was poor. All round a poor goalkeeper at this level.

I like the guy, but personally I felt Fielding was better.....even if he did have a screw loose.

I much prefer Parish over FF to be honest. Parish does make some good saves. I don't understand how you can say FF is better when he doesn't command his box (Coventry away a prime example) and at his age and experience he really should know how to do that. My point is that EP can learn how to do it where as FF should of already learnt it. FF is also on much more money than EP.

EP has taken a slight dip in form but if SC was that confident in FF he would of put him back in the team rather than go out and sign Moore.

If FF did come back in and was performing well then i'd be more than happy to change my opinion, like with any player, but as yet I can't see it happening.

He didn't play at Orient away..

My thoughts?

Fielding got brought in as our #1, and after some pretty bad howlers he got rightly dropped.

Parish was never meant to be #1, but came in and tried his best, behind a very poor defence (which, admittedly, Fielding was cursed with too).

I think Parish was mighty unlucky to be turfed out of the team, though Moore's rep is very good and he'd never have come here as a #2.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced that Moore has shown much to prove he's that much better than Parish (the goal at Orient was as bad on his part as anything either Fielding or Parish ever did), but we have improved in terms of points take over recent matches.

The fact we went a period over Christmas with Parish between the stick conceding just a goal a game (for us, that is impressive) including a clean sheet should not be ignored, and the reason that came to an end was more to do with the defence being rearranged to fit in El Abd than Parish for me.

Ultimately, in my eyes, the point as to which is better is somewhat moot; the same problem has effected them all, which is our shite defence and powder puff midfield.

In the same way blaming JET for conceding is missing the real point, so is debating the merits of a keeper, if they sit behind an often useless back line.

I'd hate to be somebody you did n't like !

I believe what you're saying is good bloke ,bad goalie ?

Archived