IGNORED

Elliott Parish

beaverface

It's wrong to rip Parish apart, he is clearly inexperienced. However, the only game he actually looked any good was Stvenage at home, when he was excellent.

Apart from that, it just looks far to easy to score past him.

Loan is ideal for him, because the only way he will improve is with more games and experience, which we can risk giving him right now.

Granted I haven't seen that much of both keepers but Parish slightly shades it for me. I still have nightmares about Coventry away, that game kind of sums up our season so far! I don't know how far Parish will go in the game but Fielding seem's to be going backwards. Wasn't he tipped as an England keeper not so long ago? I haven't seen Moore play yet, how does he compare?

I thought fielding was the best keeper if EVER seen down the gate when he was with Derby. A bold statement I know but he was a class above.

Was delighted when we signed him....but from the first 10 mins of his debut against Bradford when he nearly got tackled with the ball I thought he looked very dodgy.

Something obviously isn't quite right with him....be interesting to see what the issue is because there must be something....

Pretty harsh stuff here, could not blame him for any of the 3 goals at Hartlepool. He came to City as Number 2 to Fielding, then became first choice due to Fielding's early poor form. He never really looked ready for this step up, and for an inexperienced keeper, playing behind our awful defence was far from ideal. Being fair to him, he did an OK job, one or two clangers, but that happens at this level, and hopefully he will have learned from this. We now have 4 keepers on the books, at least one too many, and he may leave simply as he will be easier to shift than Fielding.

Not sure what some people expect, clearly never likely to be a top flight keeper, but looks OK, did a job and still learning. Hopefully his spell at Newport will do him good, and he'll either come back a better keeper, or move on and do a job for another club.

I think the most noticeable difference between Moore and Parish is that Moore comes for crosses and come off his line better.

As for Fielding, he flapped a bit and there wasn't the unity between him & the defence. Thankfully nwither keeper has been kept in the line-up like fontaine was, it's a harsh lesson to teach but the spiral that Fontaine ended up in could not be repeated - for the players' sake as well as the club!

I thought fielding was the best keeper if EVER seen down the gate when he was with Derby. A bold statement I know but he was a class above.

Was delighted when we signed him....but from the first 10 mins of his debut against Bradford when he nearly got tackled with the ball I thought he looked very dodgy.

Something obviously isn't quite right with him....be interesting to see what the issue is because there must be something....

....... Like Nicky Hunt syndrome.

Funny how many on here slated Gerken over and over again and look where he is now. I have a funny feeling the same might happen with Parish.

Spot on. Gerken is better than ANYTHING that has played in goal for us this season. The work that our keepers do before the game in the warm up speaks volumes about the level they are at because it doesn't even come close in quality to what was being done by Heaton and Gerken last season. If your keepers cannot even hold the sodding ball in the warm up then what hope is there that they will respond with quality work in the match itself.

Archived