IGNORED

Nigel Farage V Nick Clegg....

Mr Mosquito

At long last, UKIP leader Nigel Farage is to debate Britain's membership of the European Union project with Liberal Democrat Leader Nick Clegg. Nigel Farage, apparently, has also asked Prime Minister David Cameron and Labour Leader Ed Miliband to join in. I can't wait for this, I just hope that Nigel Farage will rip into the Lib-Lab-Con leadership with the same eloquent vigour that he's ripped into EU despots such as Barroso, Van Rumpuy and Catherine Ashton. Bring it on. :P 

Farage will wipe the floor with him. As long as he is 100% correct in any facts that he quotes.

You not seen Farage BCR? He is a VERY powerful orator.

He won't wipe the floor of anyone,once Clegg let's the people know what UKIP's " other " policy's are it will wake people up.

Farrage must be mad! to agree to this,he's only got support at the mo from talking about the EU,once the agenda goes onto other things he's gonna be shafted.

A 25% flat rate of tax,no maternity pay etc etc....

The only time we see Farrage having to debate is on Question time,and he comes across as a total fool,I for one can't wait for this :)

He won't wipe the floor of anyone,once Clegg let's the people know what UKIP's " other " policy's are it will wake people up.

Farrage must be mad! to agree to this,he's only got support at the mo from talking about the EU,once the agenda goes onto other things he's gonna be shafted.

A 25% flat rate of tax,no maternity pay etc etc....

The only time we see Farrage having to debate is on Question time,and he comes across as a total fool,I for one can't wait for this :)

Nick Clegg is a known liar. Nick Clegg promised the university students that there would be no increase in student fees. This was to get the student vote in marginal university areas where the Lib-Dems had a chance to win. This area is where the middle class Oxford University educated Nick Clegg needs to be attacked. Free University education for Nick Clegg but for no one else !!!!!! :shifty:

Nick Clegg is a known liar. Nick Clegg promised the university students that there would be no increase in student fees. This was to get the student vote in marginal university areas where the Lib-Dems had a chance to win. This area is where the middle class Oxford University educated Nick Clegg needs to be attacked. Free University education for Nick Clegg but for no one else !!!!!! :shifty:

and Farage is a buffoon and a fantasist, who less than a month ago couldn't remember whether he is for or against Trident, didn't know the contents of his party's 2010 manifesto because he never read it and then branded the document he never read as 486 pages of drivel.

Not really. When Clegg made that statement he was talking about what a Lib Dem Government would do. Of course, at the time the Lib Dems really didn't have any chance of forming a majority government, so I suppose that he should have admitted that and said that he couldn't actually promise anything on his own because he'd have to compromise with a much larger coalition partner at best. He could, have course, have specified exactly what his negotiation position would be in all detail, which would have been a totally unrealistic way of entering any negotiation. 

Farage of course won't face any on these problems for a number of reasons that I can see: 1) he's interested in influence only and not any responsible exercise of power, 2) so far, he and his loopy party have not been scrutinised and they won't stand up to it when they are 3) he's a populist rabble-rouser with nowt behind him, appealing only to the small minded and 4) and most importantly: nobody else in politics would touch him with a large barge pole.

The short-lived pinnacle of Farage's career will occur this May when UKIP do reasonably in the Euro elections. Turnout at Euro elections Is usually low and people don't actually care much about the outcome, often preferring to give the incumbent government or opposition a good kick. Some years ago the Greens finished second in the Euros. It was of no significance to the next General Election although the zealots predicted it would be. What did happen was that there was a 'greening' of policy in all of the major parties. Wind forward, and I predict the same fate will befall Farage and Co - he will manage to keep the other parties honest on the EU. That in itself will, of course, be a significant achievement, but he and his party have no long term future as a serious force.

I've come to the conclusion after studying politicians for over thirty years that most of them are liars.

I've come to the conclusion after studying politicians for over thirty years that most of them are liars.

It was estimated that Nick Clegg's promise to the university students about no increase in student fees gained the Lib-Dems around 20 MPs in various University cities.

It was estimated that Nick Clegg's promise to the university students about no increase in student fees gained the Lib-Dems around 20 MPs in various University cities.

If Clegg had made that a condition of joining the coalition rather than a doomed referendum on PR, he might just have had a chance of some MP's at the next election.

He's talking about a coalition with Labour after it. Hello, Nick! You have to have MP's to form a coalition :doh:

If Clegg had made that a condition of joining the coalition rather than a doomed referendum on PR, he might just have had a chance of some MP's at the next election.

He's talking about a coalition with Labour after it. Hello, Nick! You have to have MP's to form a coalition :doh:

Indeed, the Lib-Dem vote will now be hit for six in all their university town heartlands at the next General Election. :cool:  They'll lose about 20 MPs and it'll never be worth going into coalition with them.

First thing I would ask if I were Nigel is "will you sleep with me, Nick?"

Why?

The liibdems seem to want to lie down with anyone.

The only remaining question is who will be the 'giver' and whom the 'taker'?

In my mind's eye I can visualize Nigel Farage in an executioner's gimp mask releasing the shiney blade of the French guillotine to take off Nick Clegg's head. Viva Madame Guillotine !!!!!!! :dancing6:

For a party with no hope of doing anything, led by turncoats and 'nationalists', there seems to be an awful lot of people going out of their way to bash them.

Bashing UKIP for not 'getting the facts straight' whilst voting for ANY OF THE OTHER 3 PARTIES IS FUNNY AS.....!

Should be fun.

It's brilliant viewing I must admit.

The red, blue and yellows are out in force trying to discredit UKIP conveniently forgetting that the lying pieces of shit they continue to vote for are somehow different. Haha, they're even trying to look at their piece of shit and claim it's somehow less smelly than yours, but shit is shit no matter how much red, blue and yellow confetti they sprinkle on it.

They still vote for their favourite colour believing it's different to the other one, even though it's all based on you working harder and longer for less. Keep waving your flags boys, red or blue will win no matter how much they stiff you.

For a party with no hope of doing anything, led by turncoats and 'nationalists', there seems to be an awful lot of people going out of their way to bash them.

Bashing UKIP for not 'getting the facts straight' whilst voting for ANY OF THE OTHER 3 PARTIES IS FUNNY AS.....!

Should be fun.

Not bashing, laughing!!

Ukip are going to do a great job for all of us on the left,they are going to split the Tory vote.

Should be fun.

Where there was little interest in politics before I know of a great many that are becoming excited with the prospect of being able to vote UKIP as a kick in the teeth to the Lib-Lab-Con and their beloved EU project. UKIP are also making the establishment sit up and listen with regard to their cosy and criminally corrupt relationship with the EU.

Not bashing, laughing!!

Ukip are going to do a great job for all of us on the left,they are going to split the Tory vote.

We all can't wait for Labour to get their hands on the countries money and gold again. It's like giving your 9 year old the pin to your credit card.

Wow people brainwashed by Farage is embarrassing.

On YouTube I've watched Nigel Farage do battle with all the corrupt and unelected bullshitting despots in the vipers' nest that is the EU Parliament. Nigel Farage is a legend for freedom and democracy in the EU Parliament and I'm sure he'll brush off the low level bullshit merchant that is Nick Clegg with ease. Nick Clegg seems like a 6th Form Geek mass debator to me.

Archived