IGNORED

Nigel Farage V Nick Clegg....

Mr Mosquito

I can better that, I've got a German ancestor that was an officer in the doomed King Louis XVI's army that fought in America on the side of the American Colonists. He was a German on the winning side over there !!!!!! Luckily for him he was wounded in the chest by a British Army bullet so he retired from the French Army and he settled in Philadelphia. Had he not been wounded he would have most likely ended up dying fighting for his King in France or he could have been captured and guillotined by French revolutionaries.

What we need to know is "Was he in Common Purpose"?

Just goes to show how little you know about UKIP Robbo. UKIP aren't against immigration, they are against mass immigration.

You're the typical stick his fingers in his ears and shout lalalala when it comes to UKIP. No wonder you worked for the BBC.

So ukip have a cut off figure then I presume!?

Strange you have a pop at the BBC, they seem to be giving ukip far to much exposure.

I don't get why a party with a big fat zero when it comes to MP's,gets all this favourable tv exposure.

Seems more and more true that the BBC is turning more right wing.

Ah ok. You're interested in this as a 'cult of personality'. Fair enough. As I'm interested in their policies rather than their 'performance', we shall part ways SX225

In theory I would agree. Unfortunately ,with regard to Clegg, it is impossible to separate the man's 'performance' from the policy that he is currently espousing. Having watched the first debate I can only conclude that the man is a smug, self-serving snake, a master of disinformation and the true heir to Blair.

Despite all the predictions on here to the contrary I thought he did well against Farage and I write as a supporter of the party that wishes to see an exit from the EU. Clegg is used to the knockabout politics of Westminster whereas Farage is used to the sterile atmosphere of Brussels where he is allowed his minute of speech without constant interruptions and the only dissenting noise might be a protest half a mile away at the other end of the chamber.

He was allowed to constantly interrupt and to talk over his opponent and Farage, being the gentleman that he is, even allowed him to do so.

A couple of examples. Clegg constantly repeated that only 7% of our laws come from Brussels whereas most other people put the figure at well over 70% and Germany puts the figure at over 80%. Of course the casual viewer is not to know that Clegg is referring to law on the statute book dating back to the time of the Magna Carta whereas we all assume he is talking of the present day.

3m jobs apparently will be lost if we leave the EU according to Clegg. He knows full well of course that back in 2008 when this study was carried out 3m jobs were connected to the EU but that is a far cry from saying that these jobs would be lost if we were to leave. Why would the EU suddenly stop trading with its largest export market, from their point of view it doesn't make sense.

You may not agree with him but at least with Farage you can say that he is a proud Englishman, sincere in his beliefs, beliefs for which he has been campaigning for many years. With Clegg I'm afraid, and I know you've indicated potential support for him in the past, I see a man that changes with the wind and a man that, even when he makes a ludicrous attempt to speak with passion, can never truly convince me that he believes in what he says.

A friend of mine opines that surely as a keen Little Englander he should pronounce his own name Farr-adge  (to rhyme with Garage) rather than the French Fa-raj.

It's all a mystery...

'A friend of mine eh?' I hardly think that Farage would describe himself as a 'Little Englander'. Just the opposite in fact.Trade with the whole world Robbo..global you know. Still if Clegg and his ilk keep repeating it I suppose the uninitiated will eventually believe it...keep throwing mud and some will stick and it's votes that count, the truth is irrelevant.

'A friend of mine eh?' I hardly think that Farage would describe himself as a 'Little Englander'. Just the opposite in fact.Trade with the whole world Robbo..global you know. Still if Clegg and his ilk keep repeating it I suppose the uninitiated will eventually believe it...keep throwing mud and some will stick and it's votes that count, the truth is irrelevant.

Yes mate. I don't know about you, but I do have friends and this one made that observation on the pronounciation of Nige's surname.  I'm not sure what that has to do with the BBC, Nick Clegg, or indeed the price of eggs, but there you go.

Someone else's opinion on NF and the observation that Farridge would be a more Anglicised way of referring to himself. I think it's probably a class thing to go with the original, French pronounciation.

You Ukip chaps seem a bit touchy about any inferred criticism of your hero.  ;)

In theory I would agree. Unfortunately ,with regard to Clegg, it is impossible to separate the man's 'performance' from the policy that he is currently espousing. Having watched the first debate I can only conclude that the man is a smug, self-serving snake, a master of disinformation and the true heir to Blair.

Despite all the predictions on here to the contrary I thought he did well against Farage and I write as a supporter of the party that wishes to see an exit from the EU. Clegg is used to the knockabout politics of Westminster whereas Farage is used to the sterile atmosphere of Brussels where he is allowed his minute of speech without constant interruptions and the only dissenting noise might be a protest half a mile away at the other end of the chamber.

He was allowed to constantly interrupt and to talk over his opponent and Farage, being the gentleman that he is, even allowed him to do so.

A couple of examples. Clegg constantly repeated that only 7% of our laws come from Brussels whereas most other people put the figure at well over 70% and Germany puts the figure at over 80%. Of course the casual viewer is not to know that Clegg is referring to law on the statute book dating back to the time of the Magna Carta whereas we all assume he is talking of the present day.

3m jobs apparently will be lost if we leave the EU according to Clegg. He knows full well of course that back in 2008 when this study was carried out 3m jobs were connected to the EU but that is a far cry from saying that these jobs would be lost if we were to leave. Why would the EU suddenly stop trading with its largest export market, from their point of view it doesn't make sense.

You may not agree with him but at least with Farage you can say that he is a proud Englishman, sincere in his beliefs, beliefs for which he has been campaigning for many years. With Clegg I'm afraid, and I know you've indicated potential support for him in the past, I see a man that changes with the wind and a man that, even when he makes a ludicrous attempt to speak with passion, can never truly convince me that he believes in what he says.

Are you saying Cleggy's not a proud Englishman Marshy ?

In theory I would agree. Unfortunately ,with regard to Clegg, it is impossible to separate the man's 'performance' from the policy that he is currently espousing. Having watched the first debate I can only conclude that the man is a smug, self-serving snake, a master of disinformation and the true heir to Blair.

Well if you look back over my posts, I didn't really agree with the notion of the debate in the first place; it was arbitrary and based on a cult of personality. It was merely two people with opposing views constantly reiterating those views. Given the format of the show, there was no way to prove any argument and i suspect that both of them were wrong much of the time. The % of law originating in the EU is a case in point. During the debate I had no clue which figure (7% or 70%) was correct, I have since found out (from a prof of EU law on radio 4 the next day) that it's 10-15%, depending on your pov. Similarly, we have no idea how many jobs will be lost in the event of withdrawal from the EU and I suspect that 3 million would be a gross overestimate. However, it's similarly naive to imagine there won't be a significant period of 'readjustment' which will result in job losses. I won't comment on Cleggs interruptions as most of it I followed on the BBC text commentary, but both were mentioned as mumbling and speaking over the other on that

The format of a TV debate works for a general election as you can speak in policy decisions and absolutes. This was just speculation and opinion and will have changed very, very few minds in my view. I agree with you that Farage is sincere in his views, but I'm not convinced he's sincere in his motives (I'd probably say the same about Clegg actually) and I'm no closer to voting for him than I was before the debate. No doubt you're exactly the same in relation to Nick Clegg, which kind of proves my point

Yes mate. I don't know about you, but I do have friends and this one made that observation on the pronounciation of Nige's surname.  I'm not sure what that has to do with the BBC, Nick Clegg, or indeed the price of eggs, but there you go.

Someone else's opinion on NF and the observation that Farridge would be a more Anglicised way of referring to himself. I think it's probably a class thing to go with the original, French pronounciation.

You Ukip chaps seem a bit touchy about any inferred criticism of your hero.  ;)

No, I'm a Johnny no-mates Robbo, I can't even make friends on this board. No-one will miss me when I'm gone.

Anyway tell your 'friend' that he shouldn't refer to Nigel as a 'Little Englander', he's anything but.

Andy Parsons tells that joke about the pronunciation of 'Farage' on his latest tour..very funny it was too, the way he told it. No mention though of the French pronunciation being a class thing, that probably goes back to the time of William the Conqueror.

No, I'm a Johnny no-mates Robbo, I can't even make friends on this board. No-one will miss me when I'm gone.

Anyway tell your 'friend' that he shouldn't refer to Nigel as a 'Little Englander', he's anything but.

Andy Parsons tells that joke about the pronunciation of 'Farage' on his latest tour..very funny it was too, the way he told it. No mention though of the French pronunciation being a class thing, that probably goes back to the time of William the Conqueror.

I'll miss you, me babber. Don't agree on much, but at least it's a polite, informed and occasionally jocular banter with you!

The Farage's came over here (stealing our jobs!) in the 18th century not the Norman Conquest, Marshy. Or so that Daily Mail link I posted suggests...

Well if you look back over my posts, I didn't really agree with the notion of the debate in the first place; it was arbitrary and based on a cult of personality. It was merely two people with opposing views constantly reiterating those views. Given the format of the show, there was no way to prove any argument and i suspect that both of them were wrong much of the time. The % of law originating in the EU is a case in point. During the debate I had no clue which figure (7% or 70%) was correct, I have since found out (from a prof of EU law on radio 4 the next day) that it's 10-15%, depending on your pov. Similarly, we have no idea how many jobs will be lost in the event of withdrawal from the EU and I suspect that 3 million would be a gross overestimate. However, it's similarly naive to imagine there won't be a significant period of 'readjustment' which will result in job losses. I won't comment on Cleggs interruptions as most of it I followed on the BBC text commentary, but both were mentioned as mumbling and speaking over the other on that

The format of a TV debate works for a general election as you can speak in policy decisions and absolutes. This was just speculation and opinion and will have changed very, very few minds in my view. I agree with you that Farage is sincere in his views, but I'm not convinced he's sincere in his motives (I'd probably say the same about Clegg actually) and I'm no closer to voting for him than I was before the debate. No doubt you're exactly the same in relation to Nick Clegg, which kind of proves my point

Well I'm with you on the debate, for me it's a format that simply doesn't work.

7% or 70%, total law on the book or current law? In the final analysis do we wish to make our own laws or do we want to be subject to a common European law? I know which I prefer, the closer these things are done to home the better.

How many jobs will be lost, as scaremonger Clegg reiterates, or how many jobs might be gained if we are trading freely with the entire world?

Me, vote for Clegg, hell will freeze over first.

So ukip have a cut off figure then I presume!?

Strange you have a pop at the BBC, they seem to be giving ukip far to much exposure.

I don't get why a party with a big fat zero when it comes to MP's,gets all this favourable tv exposure.

Seems more and more true that the BBC is turning more right wing.

I'm not a voter Bill. I just know that UKIP have said numerous times that they aren't against immigration, they are against the open door immigration that the usual shower of shite we have as parties are all for. Farage has said we'll take your skilled workers if we need them, that's completely different from what the BBC man keeps harping on about. Like I say, it's fingers in ears and lalalalalala.

I'm not a voter Bill. I just know that UKIP have said numerous times that they aren't against immigration, they are against the open door immigration that the usual shower of shite we have as parties are all for. Farage has said we'll take your skilled workers if we need them, that's completely different from what the BBC man keeps harping on about. Like I say, it's fingers in ears and lalalalalala.

Which BBC man Screech. Do tell?

Of course if you mean me - someone who doesn't work for the BBC as you'd have seen had you read various posts pointing this out - you would seem to have misread what I wrote.

I reported what a friend (who is also not a BBC man) said about Mr F's surname.

I've not posted on this thread about Skip policies and had you read anything by me on the subject you'd know that I don't approve of an open Door immigration policy either.

Fingers in ears or hands over eyes?

Well I'm with you on the debate, for me it's a format that simply doesn't work.

7% or 70%, total law on the book or current law? In the final analysis do we wish to make our own laws or do we want to be subject to a common European law? I know which I prefer, the closer these things are done to home the better.

How many jobs will be lost, as scaremonger Clegg reiterates, or how many jobs might be gained if we are trading freely with the entire world?

Me, vote for Clegg, hell will freeze over first.

Well to be honest I feel as far removed from the men and women who inhabit Westminster as I do from those in Brussels/Strasbourg so I'm not entirely sure I'm bothered either way, but I take your point; if you're against European integration you want to see 0%

I think if Clegg is a scaremonger for insisting millions of jobs will go then you have to accept that Farage (among others) is a scaremonger for telling everyone that hundreds of thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians would flood the country on January 1st. Interestingly, he hasn't brought that up so much in recent weeks...

Hell would have to be similarly chilly before I voted for Mr Ferauge and that reinforces my point that this debate was (if you forgive the alliteration) pointless. Very few minds have been changed either way

This is hilarious!

PB was saying the BBC have gone Right Wing for Letting Farage speak - other's he's a "little Englander".

All I see are supporters of the big two, who this time last year had nothing to say on the subject of UKIP, be very,very afraid that these gobby upstarts might just be the most powerful UK party in Brussels and get half a dozen MP"s effectively replacing the Lib-Dems.

The reason is simple - people want change, and whilst it may very well be a 'protest' voting event, it has certainly made a lot of people in Westminster sit up and take notice.

Long may that continue.

No, I said nothing of the sort,what I'm saying is,why do ukip have a representative on QT (for instance) most weeks.

The greens have an MP, ukip don't, so logically the greens should have more represention surely?

Chris Pattern is the chairman of the BBC trust,an ex Tory right wing MP.

This is hilarious!

PB was saying the BBC have gone Right Wing for Letting Farage speak - other's he's a "little Englander".

All I see are supporters of the big two, who this time last year had nothing to say on the subject of UKIP, be very,very afraid that these gobby upstarts might just be the most powerful UK party in Brussels and get half a dozen MP"s effectively replacing the Lib-Dems.

The reason is simple - people want change, and whilst it may very well be a 'protest' voting event, it has certainly made a lot of people in Westminster sit up and take notice.

Long may that continue.

If I'm a "little Englander" - as according to the Lib-Lab-Con and their BBC sponsors - then the Lib-Lab-Con and the BBC are "EU 4th Reichers" (they're Hitler's dream come true). :yes:

Yes - but you did, and now work for a BBC affiliated radio station I believe.

Tongue up arse?

I run a consulting company, Grassy. Radio 4 - via BBC Worldwide, the commercial, non-taxpayer funded organisation - contracted my firm to do some work on a project which started in late January and comes to an end in a fortnight. I went to New Broadcasting House a few times in January to set things up and have had one of my coders working on the project - and being driven mad by the bureaucracy!  Prior to that I was in a protracted commercial dispute with the Beeb over work I'd done for them in 2011/12. 

I hold no brief for the BBC or any of the other clients I work for [i'm currently doing stuff for the Financial Times Group] and indeed, contact with some of the suits in the BBC corporate strata confirms my belief that it is a top-heavy and inefficient organisation.

Bollock dropped, SX?

It's amazing the amount of gnashing of teeth that has come from me writing that a Tory friend of mine thinks Nigel Farage is a Little Englander. One might think he'd articulated an unspeakable truth.

I think if Clegg is a scaremonger for insisting millions of jobs will go then you have to accept that Farage (among others) is a scaremonger for telling everyone that hundreds of thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians would flood the country on January 1st. Interestingly, he hasn't brought that up so much in recent weeks...

Again full marks for another misquote.

He said the border will be open for millions of Romanians and Bulgarians to come here unopposed if they so wish, and that Westminster can do nothing about it. He never said they would or will come in those numbers.

This is hilarious!

The reason is simple - people want change, and whilst it may very well be a 'protest' voting event, it has certainly made a lot of people in Westminster sit up and take notice.

Long may that continue.

I prefer Paul Nuttall over Nigel, he's a much better speaker and gets to the nitty gritty better he's held his own vs the big 2 many times.  I'll vote for UKIP in the EU elections but not general they are still fleshing out what they stand for, at the moment I'm a floater all I know is I wont be voting for Labour.

I prefer Paul Nuttall over Nigel, he's a much better speaker and gets to the nitty gritty better he's held his own vs the big 2 many times.  I'll vote for UKIP in the EU elections but not general they are still fleshing out what they stand for, at the moment I'm a floater all I know is I wont be voting for Labour.

I thought you were a Hamas man, D?  ;)

Again full marks for another misquote.

He said the border will be open for millions of Romanians and Bulgarians to come here unopposed if they so wish, and that Westminster can do nothing about it. He never said they would or will come in those numbers.

I haven't quoted anyone, so not sure how I misquoted him, but I think that his party stating in print that "29 million Bulgarians and Romanians were waiting to come here" could be within the sphere of scaremongering. I'm not accusing Nigel of doing anything that the rest of them aren't, just responding to the idea that Clegg was politicking in a way that Ferauge was not

It's amazing the amount of gnashing of teeth that has come from me writing that a Tory friend of mine thinks Nigel Farage is a Little Englander. One might think he'd articulated an unspeakable truth.

Tell your Tory chum (chump) that the Tory Party is a party of known EU loving traitors that have sold us all out to Chancellor Angela Merkel's German dominated EU 4th Reich. :cool:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Not shown by the BBC and ITV EU loving propaganda news and views agencies but here's two crusaders for freedom of speech and democracy on Youtube - I present Nigel Farage and Alex Jones.......

Are you sure it wasn't on ITV3, RG?  

...I've never seen Alex Jones on any British news and views channel.

He was on Sunday Politics, Gobbers. On the EU loving propaganda channel.

I have encountered clips from infowars posted here as if the guy is some sort of rational commentator on world events, but the more you read about him, the more of a nutter he seems:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

He was on Sunday Politics, Gobbers. On the EU loving propaganda channel.

I have encountered clips from infowars posted here as if the guy is some sort of rational commentator on world events, but the more you read about him, the more of a nutter he seems:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

Alex Jones seems pretty mainstream to me unlike our crank traitor Lib-Lab-Con politicians and business leaders that have sold us out to the EU project. Herr Adolf Hitler could have taken this country without a shot being fired if our current traitor politicians and business leaders had been around in 1939. Adolf could have offered them a few million Reichmarks bribe and a little trade deal with his Turd Reich and those present day Lib-Lab-Con traitors would have duly signed on the dotted line.

Archived