IGNORED

Nigel Farage V Nick Clegg....

Mr Mosquito

Surely you can't believe that. Brown needed the money to bail out the banks and to continue his policy of spend, spend, spend. He then took the unprecedented step of announcing when it was to be sold. An 'O' level student with a rudimentary understanding of supply and demand could have predicted that the knowledge that the market was to be flooded with gold would have depressed the price.

I suspect they'll not be able to fill their troughs as much as Gideon's mate:   http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/04/osborne-best-mans-hedge-fund-made-36m-profit-on-royal-mail/

Surely you can't believe that. Brown needed the money to bail out the banks and to continue his policy of spend, spend, spend. He then took the unprecedented step of announcing when it was to be sold. An 'O' level student with a rudimentary understanding of supply and demand could have predicted that the knowledge that the market was to be flooded with gold would have depressed the price.

It was recommended by the Bank. This is all minuted and on record. Gold reserves are a bit of a hangover to when currencies were pegged on them. Lots of countries have none or virtually none - China, Canada and Australia to name but three. We still hold enough to put us in the World top 10. Of course, what the propagandists didn't tell you was as gold was sold the BoE was boosting its foreign currency reserves. These had been depleted ruinously during the Thatcher recession.

The reserves were - of course - sold over three years, not in one lump sum - and many years before any bank bailouts. The two events are not connected in any way.

I suspect they'll not be able to fill their troughs as much as Gideon's mate: http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/04/osborne-best-mans-hedge-fund-made-36m-profit-on-royal-mail/

Interesting as well that they went to great lengths to tell us that 'ordinary working people' would be given priority to buy the shares, when 2/3 ended up with city institutions. Surely Gideon and his pals didn't pull a fast one?!?!

Interesting as well that they went to great lengths to tell us that 'ordinary working people' would be given priority to buy the shares, when 2/3 ended up with city institutions. Surely Gideon and his pals didn't pull a fast one?!?!

Well 150 000 'ordinary working people', Royal Mail staff were actually given 10% of the company, 99.75% accepted the offer and a mere 368 refused them on principle. People write as though 'the institutions' are an evil force whereas they hold investments and pension funds for 'ordinary working people'. Maybe your pension fund even holds some shares in Royal Mail?

It was recommended by the Bank. This is all minuted and on record. Gold reserves are a bit of a hangover to when currencies were pegged on them. Lots of countries have none or virtually none - China, Canada and Australia to name but three. We still hold enough to put us in the World top 10. Of course, what the propagandists didn't tell you was as gold was sold the BoE was boosting its foreign currency reserves. These had been depleted ruinously during the Thatcher recession.

The reserves were - of course - sold over three years, not in one lump sum - and many years before any bank bailouts. The two events are not connected in any way.

I think you are being naive if you think Brown had nothing to do with the decision to sell a huge chunk of our gold. The bank was of course also adding to foreign currency reserves, mostly in the form of Euros unfortunately which are steadily going down the pan.

China is number six, and adding. Admittedly their gold is a small % of total foreign exchange holdings. We are 18th, no longer in the top ten, not that it really matters. Digging stuff up from one hole and then 'burying' it in another is ultimately futile.Probably best to hold on to what we've got left, however, you never know what might come to pass in the future at a time of crisis.

I can only imagine the howls of abuse on here if it had been a Tory government that had used the proceeds from a gold sale to bail out the banks, pouring money into the laps of his 'banker chums'.

Well 150 000 'ordinary working people', Royal Mail staff were actually given 10% of the company, 99.75% accepted the offer and a mere 368 refused them on principle. People write as though 'the institutions' are an evil force whereas they hold investments and pension funds for 'ordinary working people'. Maybe your pension fund even holds some shares in Royal Mail?

I'm not complaining about the mechanism of 'the city' and buying and selling companies. We should all complain about such things all the time, but it's proven to be somewhat futile. I was merely pointing out that much rhetoric was spewed forth from Gideon and Dave about how this wouldn't just be another opportunity for the rich to get richer and that you or I would be able to own a significant stake. Well, 150,000 employees have shared 10%, 66% has gone to hedge funds in the city (some operated by the Chancellors best man ffs) and that leaves 24% for you or I. In fact I don't know a single person who was successful in the shares ballot...

Back to topic, in tonight's Nigel Fartage v Nick Smegg TV debate I reckon the Lib-Dum EU scum leader was dealt a knock out blow. Bring on the EU loving cowards - that failed to show - the EU loving traitors Dave Camoron and Ed Milipede for people's Champion Nigel Farage to mince up.

Bart Simpson lookalike Farceage is playing the outsider/non-establishment/ non-big business card but is being funded by the Barclay brothers who are nothing if not big business.

couldn't care less who fund's him his ability to give a honest answer is all that matters. Clegg twisted, misquoted, was indirect and was depressingly dishonest.

Still way below his Euro-best though

7/10

Indeed, Nigel Farage was way below the best we've seen of him in the European Parliament where he's destroyed far bigger despotic EU targets than Nick Clegg. It's a total disgrace that the publicly funded BBC has not shown the brilliance of Nigel Farage until now. For years Nigel Farage has been seen on Youtube exposing the corruption and the criminality of the despot led European Union project. I can't wait to see an open debate between the main EU loving traitors - David Cameron and Ed Miliband - and the basher of EU despots that is Nigel Farage. People's champion Nigel Farage will destroy them. Bring it on. :D

Bart Simpson lookalike Farceage is playing the outsider/non-establishment/ non-big business card but is being funded by the Barclay brothers who are nothing if not big business.

At the end of the day, the European Union is a high tax low growth area with a diminishing share of world trade. Why would astute big business leaders want to be handcuffed to that ???

Indeed, Nigel Farage was way below the best we've seen of him in the European Parliament where he's destroyed far bigger despotic EU targets than Nick Clegg. It's a total disgrace that the publicly funded BBC has not shown the brilliance of Nigel Farage until now. For years Nigel Farage has been seen on Youtube exposing the corruption and the criminality of the despot led European Union project. I can't wait to see an open debate between the main EU loving traitors - David Cameron and Ed Miliband - and the basher of EU despots that is Nigel Farage. People's champion Nigel Farage will destroy them. Bring it on. :D

I think you're going to have to wait a very long time for that - there is simply nothing in it for Cameron and Miliband.  The EU debate might well be important to you but it won't be on most peoples' radar come general election time.  Farage was ok last night and Clegg dreadful but neither have a cat in hell's chance of being the next Prime Minister. UKIP has the princely total of zero MPs, that's less than each of the Greens, Plaid, SNP, DUP, UUP, SF and the odd independent. Farage, IMO, is already given massive over-exposure on the BBC, but I suppose he is 'box office' so I guess you can't blame auntie.  My prediction for the GE is that Cameron and Miliband will debate with each other on TV before the main campaign starts.

You may have guessed that I'm not a fan of Farage but I do believe that he has provided two useful services, both of which improve UK politics. Firstly, he will make sure that the Eurosceptic voice is well aired and that EU zealots like Clegg don't go unchallenged. The second service is that by providing a home for the wider elements of the right he has almost singlehandedly destroyed the BNP. For both these services he has my unfailing gratitude, although I wouldn't vote for the b^gger in a million years.

You may have guessed that I'm not a fan of Farage but I do believe that he has provided two useful services, both of which improve UK politics. Firstly, he will make sure that the Eurosceptic voice is well aired and that EU zealots like Clegg don't go unchallenged. The second service is that by providing a home for the wider elements of the right he has almost singlehandedly destroyed the BNP. For both these services he has my unfailing gratitude, although I wouldn't vote for the b^gger in a million years.

I'll be voting for Nigel Farage's UKIP in the upcoming Euro elections. It wouldn't surprise me if UKIP becomes the biggest UK party in the EU parliament with millions of votes more than the Lib-Lab-Con EU loving traitors combined. At the end of the day, Conservatives, Liberals and Labour are EU loving traitor political parties and they're now ripe targets to be shot down by UKIP.

A Tory with sense? Daniel Hannan is in the wrong political party and he should join UKIP. His Telegraph article last year entitled "Of all the bad arguments for being in the EU, the worst is to humour Barack Obama" is brilliant........

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100197512/of-all-the-bad-arguments-for-being-in-the-eu-the-worst-is-to-humour-barack-obama/

I'll be voting for Nigel Farage's UKIP in the upcoming Euro elections. It wouldn't surprise me if UKIP becomes the biggest UK party in the EU parliament with millions of votes more than the Lib-Lab-Con EU loving traitors combined. At the end of the day, Conservatives, Liberals and Labour are EU loving traitor political parties and they're now ripe targets to be shot down by UKIP.

I fully expect UKIP to do very well on a small turnout in the upcoming Euros, and although I'm not a supporter of them it won't be a bad thing if they do. By the time the General Election comes around I expect that both Conservatives and Labour will have committed to EU reform and a referendum and that UKIP's poll ratings will be much reduced. No bad achievement for Farage.

I expect that both Conservatives and Labour will have committed to EU reform

David Cameron has already been told in no uncertain terms by the de facto Fuhrer of the EU 4th Reich herself - Angela Merkel - that there will be no EU reform. This is the reason why a Conservative or Labour vote is a wasted vote - unless you want Britain further under the tyrannical beauracratic and technocratic EU jackboot that is.

David Cameron has already been told in no uncertain terms by the de facto Fuhrer of the EU 4th Reich herself - Angela Merkel - that there will be no EU reform. This is the reason why a Conservative or Labour vote is a wasted vote - unless you want Britain further under the tyrannical beauracratic and technocratic EU jackboot that is.

The French have said 'NON'  too.

It's amazing to hear some people say, and I have even seen the opinion expressed on these boards, that they would prefer to be ruled by Germans than by our own elected leaders. If they're so bloody keen to be ruled by them there is always the option of going to live over there.

David Cameron has already been told in no uncertain terms by the de facto Fuhrer of the EU 4th Reich herself - Angela Merkel - that there will be no EU reform. This is the reason why a Conservative or Labour vote is a wasted vote - unless you want Britain further under the tyrannical beauracratic and technocratic EU jackboot that is.

Apart from when she said there could be EU reform?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26362034

French don't seem keen though

I didn't see the first debate so purely judging on what I saw last night. My impressions were that Nick Clegg has probably spent too long in the company of Cameron as he seemed to constantly be making silly smug comments and digs, then looking around waiting to see people thinking how clever he is. I actually think Cameron speaks to him like this and now was just repeating it on Farage.

I know Clegg is a politician and I see how they behave in PM's questions, which I like for it's playground humour, but I expected better from Clegg, more dignity. That bit about WG Grace was embarrassing and cringeworthy. And all those references to things being 'dangerous'.

I think all Farage has to do is stay calm and yes stand up for himself but don't get dragged into the playground bully tactics and he will take votes.

Apart from when she said there could be EU reform?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26362034

French don't seem keen though

As de facto EU Fuhrer, Angela Merkel stated that laws could be brought in to restrict EU benefit tourists heading for Germany and Britain. This would probably benefit Germany more than Britain and there's no mention of any other offers from Chancellor Merkel.

The French have said 'NON'  too.

It's amazing to hear some people say, and I have even seen the opinion expressed on these boards, that they would prefer to be ruled by Germans than by our own elected leaders. If they're so bloody keen to be ruled by them there is always the option of going to live over there.

They'd be known as 'island apes' (Insel Affel) when they go to live in Germany. :shifty:  There's already talk of all the EU's national armies being amalgamated into one EU army under one EU command centre. So, what happened to NATO? Little wonder that the Russians are getting increasingly edgey considering what happened when several European armies led by Germany invaded Russia in 1941.

Archived