IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

You Do The Dziekanowski

Would you say that expecting to be at least slightly competitive in a league in which we have one of the biggest budgets is looking for a miracle? This is no transition period - we have a squad of players who are utter garbage and produce nothing but week after week of dross performances.

Yes I would say that  a club with our budget should be competitive, but just because you have a budget does not mean you will be. Any team that has had the results that we have had must be in 'transition' as if this is the finished article then yes we are doomed.

To transform a club it takes weeks, months even years, and during that transition there will be low points.

I will support the club through thick and thin and not just when we have a wembley moment (which is a sticking point for me as I detest the 'glory'; hunters who show up for the 'special' games.

To say the squad are garbage is strange as there are players who have put a shift in and have entertained, so to make a sweeping statement like that is quite odd. :gaah:

Oh, perhaps we could just increase the budget and miracuosly buy all of the Man City sqaud, job done?? :facepalm:

I didn't expect a win, but that doesn't make those stats any less disappointing.

Question is playmates, what's the [short-term] answer?

I've not been overly impressed by Wade Elliott, but one poster said he was playing well first half. 

I'm not sure there even is a short-term answer.  We keep trying them and they always end in disaster.  One thing I would say is that - having always in the past been in favour of giving managers a chance - I really think it's time to pull the plug on Cotterill.  I actually think SOD assembled a promising squad -  albeit one that probably wasn't ready and that he struggled to motivate - but I genuinely do not understand what Cotterill is trying to do.

The signings have made no sense, Moloney seems to be being forced out of the club at random, our best centre-back is suddenly a right-back and the long-term plan seems to have been scrapped for journeymen singings and random team selections.  We need to identify a promising young manager with the ambition and confidence to rebuild the club and give him time to do it.  Cotterill is not the answer and is just undoing the few good things that SOD put into place.

Archived