IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

You Do The Dziekanowski

Right thats it. If I hear anybody use the words "transition" or "patience" again, im launching my rockets. And I have a lot of them you know.

Thing is we do need a long-term plan.  But there's no point in talking of transition or patience when the manager seems to have no clue of what he's trying to achieve.  I really, really don't want him to have more time to make poor signings over the summer.

Sorry, more like when we appointed SOD - the worst City manager of all time.

Don't be ridiculous.

He's clearly, a proven manager at championship, let alone league one.

We went on a 23 game winless streak, and stuck by him. He started turning things around, we we went on a run of 1 defeat in 8, and then sacked him, another, stupid, idiotic decision by the board.

Switched to blades player for a realistic and less amateurish commentary.

How baker and hoskin can make jokes during this is  an absolute disgrace to their profession.

I have to admit they are more entertaining and professional but i blame that more on the commentator who is a rank 'hospital radio' amateur.

Thing is we do need a long-term plan.  But there's no point in talking of transition or patience when the manager seems to have no clue of what he's trying to achieve.  I really, really don't want him to have more time to make poor signings over the summer.

If we go down he has to go no question of a doubt.

Don't be ridiculous.

He's clearly, a proven manager at championship, let alone league one.

We went on a 23 game winless streak, and stuck by him. He started turning things around, we we went on a run of 1 defeat in 8, and then sacked him, another, stupid, idiotic decision by the board.

I believe statistically he is the worst.

I'm not sure there even is a short-term answer.  We keep trying them and they always end in disaster.  One thing I would say is that - having always in the past been in favour of giving managers a chance - I really think it's time to pull the plug on Cotterill.  I actually think SOD assembled a promising squad -  albeit one that probably wasn't ready and that he struggled to motivate - but I genuinely do not understand what Cotterill is trying to do.

The signings have made no sense, Moloney seems to be being forced out of the club at random, our best centre-back is suddenly a right-back and the long-term plan seems to have been scrapped for journeymen singings and random team selections.  We need to identify a promising young manager with the ambition and confidence to rebuild the club and give him time to do it.  Cotterill is not the answer and is just undoing the few good things that SOD put into place.

He hasn't, too many on here don't understand the word mediocrity.

Yes I would say that  a club with our budget should be competitive, but just because you have a budget does not mean you will be. Any team that has had the results that we have had must be in 'transition' as if this is the finished article then yes we are doomed.

To transform a club it takes weeks, months even years, and during that transition there will be low points.

I will support the club through thick and thin and not just when we have a wembley moment (which is a sticking point for me as I detest the 'glory'; hunters who show up for the 'special' games.

To say the squad are garbage is strange as there are players who have put a shift in and have entertained, so to make a sweeping statement like that is quite odd. :gaah:

Oh, perhaps we could just increase the budget and miracuosly buy all of the Man City sqaud, job done?? :facepalm:

This board obviously believe it's weeks, 

I'm not sure there even is a short-term answer.  We keep trying them and they always end in disaster.  One thing I would say is that - having always in the past been in favour of giving managers a chance - I really think it's time to pull the plug on Cotterill.  I actually think SOD assembled a promising squad -  albeit one that probably wasn't ready and that he struggled to motivate - but I genuinely do not understand what Cotterill is trying to do.

The signings have made no sense, Moloney seems to be being forced out of the club at random, our best centre-back is suddenly a right-back and the long-term plan seems to have been scrapped for journeymen singings and random team selections.  We need to identify a promising young manager with the ambition and confidence to rebuild the club and give him time to do it.  Cotterill is not the answer and is just undoing the few good things that SOD put into place.

Cotterill may not be the answer, but really I think El-Abd and W Elliott are no worse or better than Shorey and Harewood. 

I think both managers have made mistakes in their own way, but I don't think there was some golden age under the past manager. We're now in the same place he left us, no better, no worse.

Anyway, they clearly won't sack Cotterill this season. So, move Osborne centrally and bring back Moloney?  Rest JET and start Burns?

There are options, but we have to take them as this line-up clearly isn't working. 

Its the poor ****ers who have spent their hard earned travelling up to support the Pitiable Circus, that some refer to as Bristol City FC.................who I genuinely feel sorry for.  The players who presently represent this City DO NOT deserve the fans who take the time and trouble to follow them...........truly lamentable

Archived