IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

You Do The Dziekanowski

Cotterill may not be the answer, but really I think El-Abd and W Elliott are no worse or better than Shorey and Harewood. 

I think both managers have made mistakes in their own way, but I don't think there was some golden age under the past manager. We're now in the same place he left us, no better, no worse.

Anyway, they clearly won't sack Cotterill this season. So, move Osborne centrally and bring back Moloney?  Rest JET and start Burns?

There are options, but we have to take them as this line-up clearly isn't working.

Initially Cotts seemed to be improving things, better results and better football, it all went tits-up when the board allowed him to rubbish our stated transfer policy and bring in El Bad on a 3.5 year contract - that's exactly the sort of thing that landed us in the mire before!

I cannot believe I'm about to type this, but if Warnock is still available and interested? I think we need to go knock on his door and ask for some help! I want someone I can get behind, someone who will fight for this club, someone who inspires me and more importantly the players. If you have ever read any of my posts, I would say I am one for giving people time and being patient. Generally stay level headed about things. But I'm afraid my patience has run out, I've had enough, I'm embarrassed. I'm not sure what type of football he would bring to the gate, but I know he would demand some pride at the very least and at the minute I would grab that with both hands. What has happened to this bloody club?

I cannot believe I'm about to type this, but if Warnock is still available and interested? I think we need to go knock on his door and ask for some help! I want someone I can get behind, someone who will fight for this club, someone who inspires me and more importantly the players. If you have ever read any of my posts, I would say I am one for giving people time and being patient. Generally stay level headed about things. But I'm afraid my patience has run out, I've had enough, I'm embarrassed. I'm not sure what type of football he would bring to the gate, but I know he would demand some pride at the very least and at the minute I would grab that with both hands. What has happened to this bloody club?

Common Denominator = Board of Directors

Cotterill may not be the answer, but really I think El-Abd and W Elliott are no worse or better than Shorey and Harewood.

I think both managers have made mistakes in their own way, but I don't think there was some golden age under the past manager. We're now in the same place he left us, no better, no worse.

Anyway, they clearly won't sack Cotterill this season. So, move Osborne centrally and bring back Moloney?  Rest JET and start Burns?

There are options, but we have to take them as this line-up clearly isn't working. 

Fair point.

I didn't mean to suggest SOD was in any way a golden age.  The results were awful for the most part and, as I said, he didn't seem to motivate the squad.  What I do think is he brought in a group of players in order to play a certain way and, if we'd got a manger in to build on that, we'd be be in a better position than bringing in a manager who seems to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

There were, of course, several things that needed to be improved from the SOD era but I'm just not convinced Cotterill is improving them.

Initially Cotts seemed to be improving things, better reuslts and better football, it all went tits-up when the board allowed him to rubbish our stated tarnsfer policy and bring in El Bad on a 3.5 year contract - that's exactly the sort of thing that landed us in the mire before!

Isn't Keith Burt supposed to be in charge of that? And if he has no say in these transfers why is he here? What a waste of money.

As I say, we had overage players brought in under SOD. Can't say I was thrilled when I saw Shorey playing back then.

Is El-Abd the problem here today though? I'd like a considered opinion from someone there as to why we are plywood flimsy befoire their attacks and why we haven't got a decent shot in.

Sorry, more like when we appointed SOD - the worst City manager of all time. 

F  uck ,why do i feel the need to defend SOD.

May be because despite the terrible results under him I am sure he would have got us where we want to be in time.His problem was that the board who hired him,did n't actually like him ( evidently they thought he was a 'cheeky chappy' ) he obviously  changed his personality overnight.

No one wanted to hear the truth when he spoke and if he lacked charisma and diplomacy at least he knew something about football and how to get teams promoted from this division.

He was ,iMHO ,let down by the board who told him to reduce the wage bill and left him high and dry when he needed their support.

i am really fed up with all this.

Fair point.

I didn't mean to suggest SOD was in any way a golden age.  The results were awful for the most part and, as I said, he didn't seem to motivate the squad.  What I do think is he brought in a group of players in order to play a certain way and, if we'd got a manger in to build on that, we'd be be in a better position than bringing in a manager who seems to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

There were, of course, several things that needed to be improved from the SOD era but I'm just not convinced Cotterill is improving them.

Me neither LB....

City Line up 

:shutup: 

:blink:                    :bonkers:                                :no:              :noexp: 

:(                   :pinch:                                :o               :sleeping: 

:fastasleep:                            :facepalm: 

Smileys are fun :grr:   

Initially Cotts seemed to be improving things, better results and better football, it all went tits-up when the board allowed him to rubbish our stated transfer policy and bring in El Bad on a 3.5 year contract - that's exactly the sort of thing that landed us in the mire before!

Initially McInnes, Millen and SOD all seemed to be improving things too.

Warnock should've come in at the time of Cott's appointment. My opinion on that is unequivocal. But now Cotts is here I think we need to stick until Xmas, whether we are league one or otherwise.

No point sacking now in my opinion. I think we are going down, we look like going, and deserve to go. There is no one out there I believe can save us between now and the end, and no-one who I'd appoint long-term. So why pay him off?

City Line up 

:shutup:

:blink:                    :bonkers:                                :no:              :noexp:

:(                   :pinch:                                :o               :sleeping:

:fastasleep:                            :facepalm:

Smileys are fun :grr:   

want a job ??   seems a good selection

May be because despite the terrible results under him I am sure he would have got us where we want to be in time.His problem was that the board who hired him,did n't actually like him ( evidently they thought he was a 'cheeky chappy' ) he obviously  changed his personality overnight.

No one wanted to hear the truth when he spoke and if he lacked charisma and diplomacy at least he knew something about football and how to get teams promoted from this division.

He was ,iMHO ,let down by the board who told him to reduce the wage bill and left him high and dry when he needed their support.

Personally I didn't like him. He just had no charm or likeability factor. It doesn't take much.

Isn't Keith Burt supposed to be in charge of that? And if he has no say in these transfers why is he here? What a waste of money.

As I say, we had overage players brought in under SOD. Can't say I was thrilled when I saw Shorey playing back then.

Is El-Abd the problem here today though? I'd like a considered opinion from someone there as to why we are plywood flimsy befoire their attacks and why we haven't got a decent shot in.

Any chance the midfield is the problem allowing the defence to be near constantly be over run?

+1

The bloke was one of the numerous problems here at the Gate. I have no sympathy for him, his dour personality and downbeat negativity got on an awful lot of city fans tits.....

Archived