IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

You Do The Dziekanowski

More than it reasonably should do. 3 and a half year contract FFS.

Didn't want him appointed, and he's done almost nothing since to convince me that he knows what he's doing.

I'm sure JL said that we had a clause which would save us cash if it never worked out.

We all know SC has been given carte blanche at the club - he was brought in as a manager and when asked why not Head Coach the club said "it's just a name and nothing has changed" wheras SC said "it's becuase I like to get involved in all areas of the club" - cannot beleive ~Burt would have made these signings, it looks like "i want these people" and we went and got them

Which returns me to "what is the point of Keith Burt"?

However, I can't write a spineless display like that off due to the two players we brought to the club in January. More established players must've let themselves down. 

I await the verdict of the brave/foolhardy who went to Bramall Lane

If nothing else Mr Cotts please explain why Sheffield Utd weren't tired.

A bit of honesty would be appreciated. Something along the lines, last week I said the lads were tired. Basically that was a smoke screen. I tried to protect them and myself. The truth is we 're crap. I've added to the shambles by repeating the mistakes of my predecessors. I've bought in useless journeymen and have no idea what to do.

At least then you and the players will not be delusional about being anything else than the worse team in this division by a country mile. That may save us, as only 150% from each member of this squad and back room staff will give us a sniff of a chance of saving ourselves.

I didn't expect a win, but that doesn't make those stats any less disappointing.

Question is playmates, what's the [short-term] answer?

I've not been overly impressed by Wade Elliott, but one poster said he was playing well first half. 

If Wade Elliott is the 'answer' then are truly doomed.

The bloke was one of the numerous problems here at the Gate. I have no sympathy for him, his dour personality and downbeat negativity got on an awful lot of city fans tits.....

But would he have kept us up and built for the future? If we wanted a clown we could have signed George Ferguson.

The bloke was one of the numerous problems here at the Gate. I have no sympathy for him, his dour personality and downbeat negativity got on an awful lot of city fans tits.....

Another on of the numerous problems would appear to be SC whose knuckle headed honesty and misplaced optimism got on an awful lot of city fans tits.... 

Which returns me to "what is the point of Keith Burt"?

However, I can't write a spineless display like that off due to the two players we brought to the club in January. More established players must've let themselves down. 

I await the verdict of the brave/foolhardy who went to Bramall Lane

I guess the point is that we had a new plan , philosophy that has now been torn up because SC wants a traditional mangers role and not what we were said to have put in place for the future - when you bend over backwards to get a specific person, you get taken hostage by their demands

But would he have kept us up and built for the future? If we wanted a clown we could have signed George Ferguson.

We'll never know, Aiz. My instinct is no, others think yes. Both positions are based on various assumptions.

The "should SOD have gone" argument is, as you've astutely observed, pointless. 

based on his record here, no.

All depends on whether you look at the whole lot, this season, or his final ten. The indication was that the results were improving. Not much sign of that now :(

I thought SC would at least get some passion from the team. Ask those who went whether that happened today.

We'll never know, Aiz. My instinct is no, others think yes. Both positions are based on various assumptions.

The "should SOD have gone" argument is, as you've astutely observed, pointless.

Of course it is, but it still gets up my nose when people judge a manager by his shouting and arm waving.

I guess the point is that we had a new plan , philosophy that has now been torn up because SC wants a traditional mangers role and not what we were said to have put in place for the future - when you bend over backwards to get a specific person, you get taken hostage by their demands

Always a toughie, to come in when a season is well under way and try to change things. Steve's 2014 hasn't exactly inspired though. 

All isn't lost, but he needs to get all his powers of motivation at work. And rethink the midfield.

Steve Lansdown should retire as investor and Jon Lansdown should become the new investor. None of them got a clue about football in my opinion and should appoint people with documented knowledge of the game. Not a single person should be British. We have been in limbo for years constantly going backwards & always on the backfoot. 

Archived