IGNORED

"i'm A Winner."

Rule The Waves

You gotta be pulling my plonker old boy!

That thread is 95% anti SC, as I said. There are several Forest fans on there who claim to have questioned watching football AT ALL with SC in charge!

And Im not getting all this OUR manager stuff?! Only cus SL is paying his wage. SC is about as mercenary as managers get - see Notts C and Pompey where he actually helped engineer his move to Forest!

Even if by some unlikely occurrence he had some success here, he'd be off in a shot!

He is OUR manager Will and whatever you or anyone else may have thought about the appointment, he should be supported. Of course he's a mercenary, that's his job, so are all managers and players. Doesn't mean SC isn't doing his best for us and believe me, he is.

And as much as I like you I cannot allow you to peddle untruths. The thread is not 95% anti SC, here are some more comments:

- Don't hate him. Job was a poisoned chalice at the time. Wish him well.

- He might not have been the most inspiring of choices but he was brought in to serve a purpose at a very difficult time for the club. He, along with the help of SO'D did that.

- No hate for him from me

- Kept his promise, kept us up and good luck to him in the future.

- did OK, we've moved on and so has he- wish him well.

- It was mission impossible for anyone at the time. Fair play to him for keeping us up, which was a task easier said than done.

- He came in done a job with someone else's team with some loans thrown in kept us up, pat on the back for that as i thought we were going one way, and then sacked as all owners want there own staff in sooner or later and as far as i'm concerned really the end of it. Never hated him but never loved him either.

- Think he and SOD could have been a great duo combination. Complemented each other strength and weaknesses well.

- I felt a tinge sorry for the guy, only because he had to work for the biggest pair of Muppets our club has ever seen since 1865.

- Cotterill achieved the best anyone could have asked of him when he came into the job.

- he is a nice enough bloke so have no personal grudge against him.

Of course you can say anything with stats, the question, is it both based on accurate facts, and is it meaningful.

Extrapolating points per game of both managers this season over a full term, SOD comes out at 36, and SC comes out at 56.

No team has ever stayed up with 36 points, and no team has ever been relegated with 56 points.

I'm not going to get into the mud slinging, name calling, cock measuring or any other of the more competitive elements of this thread - but this one puzzles me - serious question.

I'm assuming you're right Nick - I haven't got the time to check in detail! But if that's the case, and if we're that much better now (I think you said 55% on another thread) then how come the other much quoted fact recently, namely that at the end of SOD's reign we were two points from safety, -3 GD and on the same number of games as all our rivals, and now we are two points from safety, -8 GD, and all our rivals have games in hand on us.

We are evidently in a worse position, table wise. I can't believe that the one game where we dint have either as a manager can make that much difference!

So, how come we are doing 55% better on results, but in a worse position in the table??

Happy to discuss over a pint soon :)

Which is what I'm about to do now at my local I'm working too hard in amongst defending OUR manager's good name!

PS I have at least moved you from

- nothing at all good about him on the internet

to

- 95% despised

to

- massively outweighed

and even your latest position is still wrong I will chip away again tomorrow!

I'm about before and after Saturday send a text if you are I can impart more words of wisdom and for Harry I'm sure he's just itching to get involved in this  ha ha

Indeed.

For 1 good comment about Cotteril are about 15 bad ones. 

OK back from the pub suitably refreshed and I see that like Will, Alex has also been bunking off his maths lessons. Tut tut.

There are 38 posts on the thread in question.

I'd say they can be classified and counted as follows:

In praise of Cotterill for a reasonable job                             13

Don't rate as manager but no hard feeling                            6

Critical of Cotterill and OTIBesque insults                            11

No comments on Cotterill                                                       8

So in other words, 19 out of 30 (that's 63%) who expressed a view on Cotterill, do not despise him.

Or, at most, 37% (very different to 95% Will and very different to 15 out of 16 Alex) despise Cotterill, although none actually said anything like that.

So, Burnley like him, Forest don't mind him, lets see what Cheltenham and Notts County have to say tomorrow.

Tomorrow's sermon:

"How to draw Conclusions based on Fact"

I'm not going to get into the mud slinging, name calling, cock measuring or any other of the more competitive elements of this thread - but this one puzzles me - serious question.

I'm assuming you're right Nick - I haven't got the time to check in detail! But if that's the case, and if we're that much better now (I think you said 55% on another thread) then how come the other much quoted fact recently, namely that at the end of SOD's reign we were two points from safety, -3 GD and on the same number of games as all our rivals, and now we are two points from safety, -8 GD, and all our rivals have games in hand on us.

We are evidently in a worse position, table wise. I can't believe that the one game where we dint have either as a manager can make that much difference!

So, how come we are doing 55% better on results, but in a worse position in the table??

Well I will guess its going to be because the teams at the bottom with us have also performed better. If that theory is correct, then the teams further up the table must have done worse.....

Which looking at the table, you can see is the case.

When SC took over, we were 16 points off the play of places (yes, ha ha).

If results had continued pro rata the same for all teams, you would have expected us to be by now 27 points off the play offs, whereas we are only 20 points away.

Bit of a rough and ready measure, but its clear there has been a bunching effect where most/all of the teams at the bottom have improved.

Read the thread that has 300+ replies on the Forest forum if you're going to claim that they don't mind him!

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39161

That thread was started by a City fan who asked Forest what they thought of him. Given the history between us and Forest, I should imagine that was seen as an open invitation to take the piss out of us. As soon as the first few got in with cheap digs, the herd effect took over. I've noticed that on forums not too many have the balls to go against the vocal minority, but when they do, the previously silent majority will get involved.....

OK back from the pub suitably refreshed and I see that like Will, Alex has also been bunking off his maths lessons. Tut tut.

No comments on Cotterill                                                       8

So in other words, 19 out of 30 (that's 63%) who expressed a view on Cotterill, do not despise him.

Or, at most, 37% (very different to 95% Will and very different to 15 out of 16 Alex) despise Cotterill, although none actually said anything like that.

So, Burnley like him, Forest don't mind him, lets see what Cheltenham and Notts County have to say tomorrow.

Tomorrow's sermon:

Think we are Comparing different threads...

Tomorrow's sermon:

The thread people are reffering to is the 13 page one with 100's of replies when we asked about his appointment, not the one you seem to have selected that seems to have only a handful. On the first page alone their are 22 scathing comments on SC and 1 person who is neutral - and the thread carries on pretty much in that vein for another 13 pages.

Maybe you should work in Government - with your selective stat collection to spin a general opinion into the complete opposite. 

He is OUR manager Will and whatever you or anyone else may have thought about the appointment, he should be supported. Of course he's a mercenary, that's his job, so are all managers and players. Doesn't mean SC isn't doing his best for us and believe me, he is.

And as much as I like you I cannot allow you to peddle untruths. The thread is not 95% anti SC, here are some more comments:

Sorry Nick, I have been mistaken as others have and was referring to the 13 page thread on the Forest Forum as the "infamous" one on SC.

It's a truly shocking read!

The thread people are reffering to is the 13 page one with 100's of replies when we asked about his appointment, not the one you seem to have selected that seems to have only a handful. On the first page alone their are 22 scathing comments on SC and 1 person who is neutral - and the thread carries on pretty much in that vein for another 13 pages.

Maybe you should work in Government - with your selective stat collection to spin a general opinion into the complete opposite. 

You are incorrect.

This is the thread I highlighted:

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24192&start=1

KId and Alex decided to reply by reference to a completely different thread.

Now that's what I call spin.

So what are we saying here then Nick? We were shit under O Driscol, but we are slightly less shitter under Cottrell?

We were extremely shit not to say boring as **** as you know! under O'Driscoll, who is a good coach but not an inspirational leader and manager. We have improved results wise 55% under Cotterill which is as good an improvement as we could have expected.

Sorry Nick, I have been mistaken as others have and was referring to the 13 page thread on the Forest Forum as the "infamous" one on SC.

It's a truly shocking read!

Well mate Burnley fans in the main like and respect Cotterill, Notts County and Cheltenham could hardly say anything other than he's a good manager, and on the thread I highlighted the majority of Forest fans likewise.

A Bristol City fan asked Forest what they think of Cotterill. Are they, given our history with them, going to:

a) "congratulations Bristol we really like you lot and you've got a great manager" OR

b) take the opportunity to have a pop

and even if the entire country especially Forest hate him, as you have said is the case Will, which I've proved is not the case, does that mean we have to too, while he is OUR manager?

Oi Cotterill we are Bristol City fans we don't have your sort here we like our managers to be MENSA members so **** off you thick wide boy.

Yes that's really pulling together congratulations everyone involved in that, sorry but I really don't get that mentality.

I'm not saying Cotterill is a great manager, I really don't know. But he seems to be respected as being an honest hard working type capable of getting more out of teams than is expected, who says odd things sometimes - so what, don't we all.

And he is OUR manager!

We were extremely shit not to say boring as **** as you know! under O'Driscoll, who is a good coach but not an inspirational leader and manager. We have improved results wise 55% under Cotterill which is as good an improvement as we could have expected.

Well mate Burnley fans in the main like and respect Cotterill, Notts County and Cheltenham could hardly say anything other than he's a good manager, and on the thread I highlighted the majority of Forest fans likewise.

A Bristol City fan asked Forest what they think of Cotterill. Are they, given our history with them, going to:

a) "congratulations Bristol we really like you lot and you've got a great manager" OR

b) take the opportunity to have a pop

and even if the entire country especially Forest hate him, as you have said is the case Will, which I've proved is not the case, does that mean we have to too, while he is OUR manager?

Oi Cotterill we are Bristol City fans we don't have your sort here we like our managers to be MENSA members so **** off you thick wide boy.

Yes that's really pulling together congratulations everyone involved in that, sorry but I really don't get that mentality.

I'm not saying Cotterill is a great manager, I really don't know. But he seems to be respected as being an honest hard working type capable of getting more out of teams than is expected, who says odd things sometimes - so what, don't we all.

And he is OUR manager!

"We have improved results wise 55% under Cotterill which is as good an improvement as we could have expected."

Steve should change his Blue Stratos cologne for some 'Sex Panther' by Odeon, 60% of the time it works...every time.

And it's made with bits of real Panther.

See what i did there?

"We have improved results wise 55% under Cotterill which is as good an improvement as we could have expected."

Steve should change his Blue Stratos cologne for some 'Sex Panther' by Odeon, 60% of the time it works...every time.

See what i did there?

Don't have a clue what you did there.

Must admit it made me laugh though.

Are you saying, Cotterill is a winner?

See what i did there?

But can he play jazz flute, cider_dog?

Archived