IGNORED

Official City V Shrews Thread (2 Official Threads Officially Merged!)

Hartcliffe red

Huge huge 3 points. I honestly can't wait for Tuesday now. Will be leaving work early for it!

Performances at this stage of the season don't matter we just need points on the board.

JET....what a goal. Only at BCFC would morons want a player with that ability sold....of course we can do so much better can't we?

As for El-Abd absolute liability. He just gets worse every week.

Huge huge 3 points. I honestly can't wait for Tuesday now. Will be leaving work early for it!

Performances at this stage of the season don't matter we just need points on the board.

JET....what a goal. Only at BCFC would morons want a player with that ability sold....of course we can do so much better can't we?

As for El-Abd absolute liability. He just gets worse every week.

Not sure what you watched, although he hardly had a blinder he did his job, no different from the rest of the defenders

Not sure what you watched, although he hardly had a blinder he did his job, no different from the rest of the defenders

Second goal was down to him IMO. Put the ball out of play under no pressure, then lost his man from the resulting throw, who then delivered the cross for their headed goal.

I think there's green shoots there though - he throws his body into everything 

That's the problem, performance wise he is improving but after making mistakes I would have thought his concentration levels would improve at least but clearly not. It just worries me that he's kept in the team no matter what.

Second goal was down to him IMO. Put the ball out of play under no pressure, then lost his man from the resulting throw, who then delivered the cross for their headed goal.

I think there's green shoots there though - he throws his body into everything 

Pearson got beat easily by the by-line for the cross for the second goal, to be honest I can't really remember what else happened. So have to watch it again

That's the problem, performance wise he is improving but after making mistakes I would have thought his concentration levels would improve at least but clearly not. It just worries me that he's kept in the team no matter what.

Just think some of the stick he gets is a bit unfair. He's clearly nervous on the ball, or whenever the ball comes close to him. But that's why he's playing at this level I guess

Pearson got beat easily by the by-line for the cross for the second goal, to be honest I can't really remember what else happened. So have to watch it again

Pearson got skinned.

El-Abd had to race across and leave his man to cover, didn't get there, crossed it over Fielding then their striker rose with Flint and Williams to put a bullet header into the top corner.

Pearson caused it by poor marking if you're looking for a scapegoat.

Just think some of the stick he gets is a bit unfair. He's clearly nervous on the ball, or whenever the ball comes close to him. But that's why he's playing at this level I guess

He does and is an easy target at the moment I guess. Trouble is he was meant to be the leader/nasty type we needed. A 'tough cookie' shouldn't get so nervous and battle through the tough times. Strangely enough I still think he could be a good signing but worry that it might turn into a Fontaine situation if he continues to cost us goals but isn't taken out of the firing line.

He does and is an easy target at the moment I guess. Trouble is he was meant to be the leader/nasty type we needed. A 'tough cookie' shouldn't get so nervous and battle through the tough times. Strangely enough I still think he could be a good signing but worry that it might turn into a Fontaine situation if he continues to cost us goals but isn't taken out of the firing line.

I think he'd just be better in a conventional back 4 with a proper left back next to him. Maybe Flints injury might force SC to play players in logical positions.

Of course the last line of defence before the man between the sticks is the defence; rightly or wrongly they get slated and have done, en masse, for the past 2-3 seasons.

Does this tale of woe at City tell any football fan that it is harder to find decent defenders (and defensive midfielders) than it is to find forward looking players? Let us not forget that if we can find the best strike partnership in this division and by some margin we should, surely, be able to find a decent back line. It has evaded us for far too long now. Why is it?

There must be a concerted effort by all the powers that be at BCFC this coming close season to find the best defensive line up in the division. Its not as if we cannot attract them at this level.. the scouts, the managers and the purse strings need to stand up and take note and take responsibility; they have all failed miserably in this department for far too long. Get that right and we will be at the right end of the table this time next year. Assuming we stay up of course :)

Forwards, by and large, do their own thing, regardless of managers. Defenders have to work together to a plan, under the guidance of a manager.

If you change the manager every six months, the forwards will still score, but the defence will be chaotic.

Obvious, I'd have thought.

2nd goal, Pearson got done. But where were our 2 left sided players when the cross came in. El abd covered the man flint tried to cover him near post and left moloney with 2 at back post. At the time seemed the whole team were slightly out of position and seeing goal seems that way. We just seem to fall asleep at setpieces throwins quite often.

Forwards, by and large, do their own thing, regardless of managers. Defenders have to work together to a plan, under the guidance of a manager.

If you change the manager every six months, the forwards will still score, but the defence will be chaotic.

Obvious, I'd have thought.

You also can't keep a manager who has delivered a relegation, taken us to the foot of the league below, delivering awful football and lost large sections of the support.

Sorry if i'm a bit late but team line up is:- Gibson, Ford, Briggs, Parr, Connor, Low, Derrick, Clark, Atyeo, Williams, Peters

Arthur Rowley plays for the Shrews

That was the team when I first started watching 1950's, Gibson wasn't a tall keeper either

That was the team when I first started watching 1950's, Gibson wasn't a tall keeper either

Yesterday the chap next to me said it's only when you come to away games and sit this close you realise how small and how young Fielding is.

Fair play to Frank I thought he played ok.

Extra marks for the final whistle celebration in front of us!

Archived