IGNORED

Dark Red Seats?

G Block

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looking at the revised AG plans one of the changes looks to be the seat colour now a dark red.

Could the kit colour be changing to a darker red next season?

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/2333C29EB5F5E4A7E39ADB59B1F8919E/pdf/14_00751_X-D_A_ADDM._SECTION_4_AERIAL_VIEWS_STUDY-1110235.pdf

You can see all the documents here... http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N192TBDN00J00

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looking at the revised AG plans one of the changes looks to be the seat colour now a dark red.

Could the kit colour be changing to a darker red next season?

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/2333C29EB5F5E4A7E39ADB59B1F8919E/pdf/14_00751_X-D_A_ADDM._SECTION_4_AERIAL_VIEWS_STUDY-1110235.pdf

You can see all the documents here... http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N192TBDN00J00

It's a surprisingly intriguing prospect.

And maybe changing to a darker shade of red would make us more distincitve?

Don't get me wrong I'm not convinced that Cardiff changing to a red kit has really had any benefit on their fan base (maybe the far more tangible terrestrially aired home games in SE Asia did though). Nor do i believe Hull City name-changing to share their name with a Leicester based rugby team or a Detroit  based baseball team will see any benefit.

But, if marketing distinct aspects of sports teams are proven to be successful then I see no harm in changing to a more Crimson red.

""This Bristol Crimson Robins announcement was brought to you by..."

The trouble with red is that it must be one of the worst colours to be affected by the sun, it fades so badly, making the ground look tatty in no time. Maybe if the seats are a darker red that's part of the reason?

What I also noticed is that corner design seems to have changed slightly between the Dolman and Williams. Is this due to the change in boxes in the updated Dolman? Also there still seems to be 1 random pillar in the corner. Call me a perfectionist but surely in this day and age there is a solution to that? 

What I also noticed is that corner design seems to have changed slightly between the Dolman and Williams. Is this due to the change in boxes in the updated Dolman? Also there still seems to be 1 random pillar in the corner. Call me a perfectionist but surely in this day and age there is a solution to that? 

Not without completely restructuring the design of the roof (and probably the whole stand) of the Dolman.

There are images in the link provided - not a lot of change to the original drawings/images really.

I have looked at images in the link. The Wedlock design is clearly not the one revealed at the open day in the Williams. Fans were told they would be consulted at every phase. That noble intent has not been met.

If you look at the document titled "D&A ADDM. SECTION 4 REVISED WEST ELEVATION", is that electronic screens on the outside of the stand at both ends? It certainly looks so.

One is an 'Illuminated Advertising Display with changable fixed panels in pressed metal perimeter frame' and the other is a 'Multipanel LED Video Screen with fixed panel side displays in pressed metal perimeter frame'

I doubt it when all of the money is coming from our owners wallet not the club

The 'exposed' roof design of the EE must be cost cutting, it looks terrible up to the original.   Also the Atyeo/Williams exposed corner.

No other explanation for it.

The change is that there are no boxes and the standing has been shifted to the back.

Isn't that reacting to consultation ?

What else is there that the club could have done ?

Best place to sell boxes is at the side. Best place for those rail seats at the back ... Straight b grade cse economics ... Everybody knows that.

What else could the club have done? What they said they would in the opening sketch. It was a summer, a coach/manager and three, four or five pillars ago last time the club asked any chap what they thought.

Archived