IGNORED

The Official Peterborough Utd V Bristol City Matchday Thread

It may be early there to start this topic but its late out here and on an evening kick off I need to get my thoughts in early before taking my beauty sleep.

This is an interesting match for both teams of course for totally different reasons. The commonality being we should know them rather better than most teams in this league having played them a lot in recent seasons. 

Posh are somewhat erratic in their form which has picked up a bit in recent weeks but for me they are a sort of better version of Notts County; similarly volatile, likely to thrash an unlikely team and lose by a country mile to a team least likely to inflict such a thrashing. Posh might be out of the starting blocks and 3 up inside 30 minutes and they could also fold in completely the opposite direction.

The only way we, as a team, would ever know if its an off night for them is to hit them and hit them hard right from the off. I hope SC is analysing in similar fashion rather than giving them too much respect; when a team does that with Posh they are likely to get well and truly tonked.

Be great to keep the mini run going but who thinks that likely? I am going to stick my neck out here and see us actually giving them a mild spanking by winning 1-3. Wouldn't that just feel like glory be to wake up to. Cheers me dears. 

Edited by havanatopia

It may be early there to start this topic but its late out here and on an evening kick off I need to get my thoughts in early before taking my beauty sleep.

This is an interesting match for both teams of course for totally different reasons. The commonality being we should know them rather better than most teams in this league having played them a lot in recent seasons. 

Posh are somewhat erratic in their form which has picked up a bit in recent weeks but for me they are a sort of better version of Notts County; similarly volatile, likely to thrash an unlikely team and lose by a country mile to a team least likely to inflict such a thrashing. Posh might be out of the starting blocks and 3 up inside 30 minutes and they could also fold in completely the opposite direction.

The only way we, as a team, would ever know if its an off night for them is to hit them and hit them hard right from the off. I hope SC is analysing in similar fashion rather than giving them too much respect; when a team does that with Posh they are likely to get well and truly tonked.

Be great to keep the mini run going but who thinks that likely? I am going to stick my neck out here and see us actually giving them a mild spanking by winning 1-3. Wouldn't that be glory be to wake up to. Cheers me dears. 

where are you?

It all started going wrong after Cunningham was crocked there 18 months ago and there were three horror tackles on the night!!....I feel an away win coming on!!

COYR

its all coming flooding back now.. i had temporarily forgotten how dirty and direct a side they can be.. motivation enough at least for Greg to pop up and score one of the 3 tonight ;).. and i am off for some shut eye.. fingers firmly crossed.

Safe travels there Davros and hope the red army are in significant numbers like saturday... that was truly magnificent support and half of the 1200 going tonight would be equally impressive given its a mid week night game.

:mf_sleep:

Edited by havanatopia

its all coming flooding back now.. i had temporarily forgotten how dirty and direct a side they can be.. motivation enough at least for Greg to pop up and score one of the 3 tonight ;).. and i am off for some shut eye.. fingers firmly crossed.

Safe travels there Davros and hope the red army are in significant numbers like saturday... that was truly magnificent support and half of the 1200 going tonight would be equally impressive given its a mid week night game.

:mf_sleep:

We'd need about 500 to pay at the gate to get those sort of numbers! I reckon about 250 tonight, and that's not bad for the distance on a midweek night and straight after a well attended away match.

Not expecting anything but a defeat tonight, probably 3-1. What I hope though is the performance is not a big anti climax after Saturday's great win. If we're to lose we must go down fighting to retain the confidence of players, and fans, for Swindon. A big defeat would be disastrous.

No doubt many will disagree but we'll miss Flint tonight if he's ruled out.

We'd need about 500 to pay at the gate to get those sort of numbers! I reckon about 250 tonight, and that's not bad for the distance on a midweek night and straight after a well attended away match.

Not expecting anything but a defeat tonight, probably 3-1. What I hope though is the performance is not a big anti climax after Saturday's great win. If we're to lose we must go down fighting to retain the confidence of players, and fans, for Swindon. A big defeat would be disastrous.

No doubt many will disagree but we'll miss Flint tonight if he's ruled out.

We will miss him But Osbourne aint a bad replacement he's more than capable of doing a job tonight.

My son, a P'boro' ST holder reckons he'jj get there at 7.30 and walk straight in.

That suggests not too many Posh fans. Therefore; c'mon all City fans tonight. Let's make some noise!

For those of you en route by car; I'll be cycling along Oundle Road about 7.90 - 7.15ish. Please don't drive in the cycle lane!

I'm enroute ;-) live 30 mins away by train.

I live 6 miles from London Rd but am writing this in a Jersey hotel - talk about bad planning!

Think we will do well to restrict them to 2 or 3 and/or avoid defeat.