IGNORED

Atyeo Season Ticket Holders Meeting - Monday, March 24Th

!james

This is a really good idea to get the fans involved - genuinely appreciate what the club are trying to do

I have tweeted the club about this tho...

Yet another fan meeting arranged during the week of a midweek game - I appreciate the gesture of meeting fans but is there no way the club could arrange this kind of thing on either the tuesday when there is no game (18th March) or before a match.

I would like to think there's a bit of Q&A as well given the hiccup with the family entitlement last season.

I appreciate that most ST live quite locally but for thos of us exiles with STs, 2 trips in a week is too much for a few of us especially given how it affects what goes on with our STs.

This is not menat as a "woe is me" post but the same happened with the botswana meeting.

And as a tongue in cheek response to:

I could stay at home and wait for Sky Sports News to contact me with the score every week but I quite like being there for events that affect my club.

----

There is a positive in this, a real positive and I believe a lot more fans (that will only go to AG for games) would like to hear what the club has to say, a credit to the positive change for effective communication from the club to the fans

Agree absolutely with this, SCRed. In a sense, this is disenfranchising once again the many City fans who live outside the city of Bristol, and have to expend extra money and energy to follow our team. Will email DL about this (I don't "do" or get Twitter: load of twaddle). There's a Fans' Parliament meeting, next Thursday: it would make sense to hold the consultation before this - then carry the Atyeo ST holders' responses forward to the FP meeting.

There are going to be a lot of disgruntled fans after this meeting.

The club must allocate 10% of seats to away fans! currently this is easily achieved with the EE.

The allocation for next season remains the same % wise, about 1,700 seats.

The club may get this reduced to say 1,300, but that is still more seats than blocks B and C.

I think part if not all of block D will be given up, as well as the segregation that will remove more available seats. The new pitch will also be installed presumably moving the touchline away from the Dolman.

There are actually few groups of vacant seats for people who will have to move, so some people may be separated from friends or family, while the new Wedlocks is constructed.

From my point of view I say let's go with the flow of what ever happens, it's for one season only for Atyeo ST's, then a brand new stand will be available with lots of seats to stand next too.

First and foremost - I have no problem moving in fact I look forward to another view of the pitch

As a group of possibly up to 30 ST holders I can't see a problem relocating ST holders when there is going to be 15,000 seats across the ground, we haven't sold 10,000 season tickets for years and doubt we will next year - It would be desperately unfortunate (if it's physically possible) for the distribution of fans to mean there aren't sections of seats within the same block to cover at most 30 groups of 50 fans (that's if all being moved are ST holders - which they aren't)

It's not an impossible task, I have confidence in the club and the fans that all will be flexible and understanding about the arrangements.

By the time we are all likely to be in the same place at the same time though after receiving information "later in the week", it will be april 5 and there will be 2 more home games after that. I'd also hope earlybird season tickets are being talked about.

You are correct, it is only one season - but it could cause so much work going backwards and forwards for the club because the discussions don't take place when fans are goign to be at AG anyway

It's a lot easier to get to a game an hour before you usually would than it is to go to the ground for informationwhen you're going back anyway the next day

First and foremost - I have no problem moving in fact I look forward to another view of the pitch

As a group of possibly up to 30 ST holders I can't see a problem relocating ST holders when there is going to be 15,000 seats across the ground, we haven't sold 10,000 season tickets for years and doubt we will next year - It would be desperately unfortunate (if it's physically possible) for the distribution of fans to mean there aren't sections of seats within the same block to cover at most 30 groups of 50 fans (that's if all being moved are ST holders - which they aren't)

It's not an impossible task, I have confidence in the club and the fans that all will be flexible and understanding about the arrangements.

By the time we are all likely to be in the same place at the same time though after receiving information "later in the week", it will be april 5 and there will be 2 more home games after that. I'd also hope earlybird season tickets are being talked about.

You are correct, it is only one season - but it could cause so much work going backwards and forwards for the club because the discussions don't take place when fans are goign to be at AG anyway

It's a lot easier to get to a game an hour before you usually would than it is to go to the ground for informationwhen you're going back anyway the next day

A couple of points for you.

There is a school of thought that says we may sell more season tickets as there are fewer seats available next season.

I doubt that all the ST's that are moving can stay in the Atyeo, so will the club sell ST's for the same price in either the Dolman or Williams.

In January the lower Dolman needs to be vacated to start the building work for the new entrances / exits, which will put increased pressure on available seats.

There is a school of thought that says we may sell more season tickets as there are fewer seats available next season.

I doubt that all the ST's that are moving can stay in the Atyeo, so will the club sell ST's for the same price in either the Dolman or Williams.

In January the lower Dolman needs to be vacated to start the building work for the new entrances / exits, which will put increased pressure on available seats.

And, in my haste took out numbers of EE ST holders that are being moved - apologies

Yes we may sell more next year, but renewals always get offered before new sales as a loyalty to fans who bought tickets this year

I understand about the Dolman and wasn't aware of that but don't think our ST sales topped 8,000 this year and can't see the move causing too many problems as I believe the fans wil be flexible and understanding, given how much the development now means as far as the club moving forwards.

I reckon the meeting will be to say as much, I don't think the club see it as a problem

I'm not as irate as these replies come across, in fact I'm not too bothered about if this causes much disruption - s**t happens and credit the club for trying to organise this ... the original point was, why Monday 24th March, why not on a matchday when season ticket holders are most likely to be there anyway?

They hold exiles q&a's when away games are in suitbale parts of the country for fans that go to away games; why are fans that go to home games expected to make special trips if they want to show interest.

I'd sit there on skype if I could do anything!

Haven't heard this before - so there will be no ST's available in the Lower Dolman next season?

If so, what will be the capacity from January without the EE, Lower Dolman, and new segregation in the Atyeo?

Are they not giving them the dolman end of the Ateyo? That's what I heard

Possibly although I would imagine that is likely to cause more issues with segregation (the dolman including exits is right up to that end of the atyeo, the other end of the atyeo is further away from the williams is further away from the atyeo; block A excluded). Regardless, there will still be half the atyeo either given over to away fans or segregation so there will be lots of moving required!

I wouldn't of thought they'd give the dolman end of the atyeo to away fans its so much easier to give them the shop end, exiting and entering the ground is easier to police there ether that or we just hold up away fans fro 15 minutes after every game while home fans exit

Are they not giving them the dolman end of the Ateyo? That's what I heard

I always thought it was by the Williams side. That's why people were moaning about the away side having an advantage of coming out the tunnel by their supporters.

Haven't heard this before - so there will be no ST's available in the Lower Dolman next season?

If so, what will be the capacity from January without the EE, Lower Dolman, and new segregation in the Atyeo?

Based on the rovers game I believe the effective capacity of the east end is about 3500. It is probably fair to assume atyeo segregation will take out 500 and the lower Dolman holds about 1500 I think the lower Dolman holds about 1000-1500. This gives a total loss of 5000-5500 under this scenario. As capacity was about 18500 for the rovers game, this will mean the capacity would become 13000-13500. Under this scenario we would have had spare seats for most games this season, but some games (rovers, Bradford, wolves and possibly Sheffield united) would have been sell outs.

Based on the rovers game I believe the effective capacity of the east end is about 3500. It is probably fair to assume atyeo segregation will take out 500 and the lower Dolman holds about 1500 I think the lower Dolman holds about 1000-1500. This gives a total loss of 5000-5500 under this scenario. As capacity was about 18500 for the rovers game, this will mean the capacity would become 13000-13500. Under this scenario we would have had spare seats for most games this season, but some games (rovers, Bradford, wolves and possibly Sheffield united) would have been sell outs.

Cheers SGR, sounds about right.

Can anybody confirm no ST's will be sold for the Lower Dolman because this is news to me? 

The capacity of each stand at AG breaks down as follows:

East End: 5500

Dolman: 6195

Atyeo: 4249

Williams: 5553

Total: 21,497

The capacity of each stand at AG breaks down as follows:

East End: 5500

Dolman: 6195

Atyeo: 4249

Williams: 5553

Total: 21,497

Agreed that is the theoretical maximum. However that doesn't take into account for operational considerations.

For example, whilst that says the east end holds 5500 in reality for football games it is more like 3500 once segregation, restricted views, other restricted areas (eg the netted area at the back) are taken into account. This is shown by the rovers, wolves and swindon all getting a maximum allocation of just over 2200 tickets and the home fans in the east end only being open for season ticket holders (approx 1200). The same is true of the williams where there are a large number of restricted view seats behind pillars and the dugouts.

This takes the actual maximum attendance for the beginning of the present season down to somewhere between 18500 and 19000; source: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/City-think-showdown-Rovers-sell/story-19690417-detail/story.html

That also doesn't account for block A of the atyeo which is currently not in use until the authorities have approved safe standing, hence my assumption of 18500 as a rough maximum capacity at present.

If the club have to allocate 1,300 seats to away supporters then blocks B,C and D will be given to them. Segregation will be part of block E.

I was told that season ticket holders in the lower dolman would be moved to the upper dolman after Christmas for the works to take place, no reason to believe that isn't true ( at the moment).

If the club have to allocate 1,300 seats to away supporters then blocks B,C and D will be given to them. Segregation will be part of block E.

I was told that season ticket holders in the lower dolman would be moved to the upper dolman after Christmas for the works to take place, no reason to believe that isn't true ( at the moment).

Not heard this before (and impacts me since, notionally, that is where my ST is.)  With people moving out of the Ateyo, and moving up from the lower seats, the upper section of the Dolman sounds like it might get rather congested.

There is no way the EE seats more than the Atyeo.

These figures were provided by Colin Sexstone a number of years ago when the attendance was questioned.

Im not saying theyre all usable seats but these figures represent the actual number of seats installed.

These figures were provided by Colin Sexstone a number of years ago when the attendance was questioned.

Im not saying theyre all usable seats but these figures represent the actual number of seats installed.

Although both end stands the Eastend is much wider and deeper. It can hold a large amount (Rotherham Home 07) I estimate 4-6k when it's full to the brim and cut out segregation.

There are going to be a lot of disgruntled fans after this meeting.

The club must allocate 10% of seats to away fans! currently this is easily achieved with the EE.

The allocation for next season remains the same % wise, about 1,700 seats.

The club may get this reduced to say 1,300, but that is still more seats than blocks B and C.

I think part if not all of block D will be given up, as well as the segregation that will remove more available seats. The new pitch will also be installed presumably moving the touchline away from the Dolman.

There are actually few groups of vacant seats for people who will have to move, so some people may be separated from friends or family, while the new Wedlocks is constructed.

From my point of view I say let's go with the flow of what ever happens, it's for one season only for Atyeo ST's, then a brand new stand will be available with lots of seats to stand next too.

You don't need segregation. Just put a small fence style thing between home and away fans e.g Emirates, Swansea City Stadium, Cardiff City Stadium., and you cut the need for losing a block. A couple of stewards down the line and you'll be fine.

Are the club obliged to give 10% to the away fans?

Presumably a further meeting will be called shortly for displaced Lower Dolman fans.

You don't need segregation. Just put a small fence style thing between home and away fans e.g Emirates, Swansea City Stadium, Cardiff City Stadium., and you cut the need for losing a block. A couple of stewards down the line and you'll be fine.

But think of the Netters. They need a large gap between them and the away support else they'll get scared.

Are the club obliged to give 10% to the away fans?

Presumably a further meeting will be called shortly for displaced Lower Dolman fans.

From the football league rule book

34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club's central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

From the football league rule book

34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club's central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

as out capacity will be reduced to say 15k for argument sakes we will be obliged to give 1500 max blocks b c and d in the atyeo sounds about right,

best thing the club can do is make the whole ground ether EE prices or a happy medium between EE and Atyeo prices

Archived