IGNORED

Skuse

Loco Rojo

Morning chaps.

I was just thinking this morning as i watched the FL Show, what are your thoughts on whether our midfiled would be any better if Skuse had chosen to stay?

I think we are looking better as a unit in these last few games, so this isnt a criticism of our lads or anything. I was genuinly wondering what others thought about it hiw our midfield might look if things were different.

I know there were mixed feelings about him when he was here as well.

Thoughts?

Morning chaps.

I was just thinking this morning as i watched the FL Show, what are your thoughts on whether our midfiled would be any better if Skuse had chosen to stay?

I think we are looking better as a unit in these last few games, so this isnt a criticism of our lads or anything. I was genuinly wondering what others thought about it hiw our midfield might look if things were different.

I know there were mixed feelings about him when he was here as well.

Thoughts?

silly question, would have been a improvment on what we have had this season.

Just look at his form for Ipswich, strong contendor for player of the season. 

I think a Skuse and Wade Elliott partnership would have been excellent for City this season.

As much as I loved Albert's ability on the ball and Jon Stead's whole-hearted approach, of all the players that left in the summer it is Skuse's quiet but effective role in the middle that we are still missing. Gillett just doesn't cut it for me at the moment and for a DM he allows his opponent far too much space and time for my liking, whereas Skuse was always there to harass an opponent.

On reflection I can't help but think that Skuse is good in a good side and crap in a crap side.  

I think it's impossible to say how he would have done.  How would he have got on under SOD or Cotterill?

I don't think his presence would have made a great deal of difference.

On reflection I can't help but think that Skuse is good in a good side and crap in a crap side.  

I think it's impossible to say how he would have done.  How would he have got on under SOD or Cotterill?

Tend to agree with this, Kelly will make more of an impact in midfield when he is back 100% match fit.

I tend to agree with this as he was never a player that could impose himself on a game and just went along with the flow.

Agree with dagest. We had too many players, who, individualy speaking, weren't too bad. However, a collection of these passengers together, with no leaders or confidence made for disaster.

Skuse was classic for that. Typical English bottler. Sides had their willys out and were pissing all over our midfield last season and there was nothing we were doing about it.

So, well done Skusey on making the most of the situation to further your own selfish ends. You were truly part of the most pathetic BCFC side I have ever witnessed.

I always thought he stood out as class when we played against class opposition, he was one player who never looked out of his depth. I think the move to Ipswich has probably done him a huge favour, moving away from the "local lad" baggage and working with different people has probably freshened up his game immensely. Like the much maligned Lee Johnson he is a player that you don't notice what he does until he isn't there to do it.

Agree with dagest. We had too many players, who, individualy speaking, weren't too bad. However, a collection of these passengers together, with no leaders or confidence made for disaster.

Skuse was classic for that. Typical English bottler. Sides had their willys out and were pissing all over our midfield last season and there was nothing we were doing about it.

So, well done Skusey on making the most of the situation to further your own selfish ends. You were truly part of the most pathetic BCFC side I have ever witnessed.

Wow.

Skuse is a good player, whatever some might say about him.

I do wonder if some people are predisposed to dislike our few local players. Even our record appearance holder gets stick for having the audacity to break John Atyeo's record, as if he'd awarded himself contract after contract and picked himself 646 times...

I still can't forget last season when he allowed teams to walk through the midfield and score at will.

I still can't forget he was one if the worst strikers of a dead ball I've ever seen.

I still can't forget he allowed himself to be relegated without a fight knowing he would just leave when the season finished.

And the depressing reality is a player with those traits is still better than anything we've got.

I still can't forget last season when he allowed teams to walk through the midfield and score at will.

I still can't forget he was one if the worst strikers of a dead ball I've ever seen.

I still can't forget he allowed himself to be relegated without a fight knowing he would just leave when the season finished.

And the depressing reality is a player with those traits is still better than anything we've got.

Pretty harsh to single out Skuse as "allowing us to be relegated".

Incorrect quote.

Hardly. Allowing himself to be relegated and allowing the team to be relegated are hand in hand surely! How can a player allow himself to be relegated? It's the team that goes down not individuals.

There were considerably worse performers than Skuse last season.

Now, I don't usually listen to what Alan Shearer has to say, but on Match of the Day last night he dissected Tom Huddlestone's performance for Hull v Man C.

For me, Shearer's Huddlestone summary was exactly what I always thought about Skuse. Basically - doesn't effect the game.

Now, I don't usually listen to what Alan Shearer has to say, but on Match of the Day last night he dissected Tom Huddlestone's performance for Hull v Man C.

For me, Shearer's Huddlestone summary was exactly what I always thought about Skuse. Basically - doesn't effect the game.

I agree 100%.

Archived