IGNORED

The Official Colchester Vs City Match Day Thread

bissellredhead

Utter disgrace.the game was won.

Guess what?, it's why we have struggled for the past 4/5 seasons, it's because we lack concentration at times, we have a brittle midfield, we can't defend and today SC has already admitted that the substitutions didn't work, that's football, a week or so ago he was praised for his substitutions, shit happens, not happy but we didn't lose.

Definition

Disappointed - Bristol City fan after losing a two goal lead in last twenty minutes to only get an away draw, failing to move further away from the drop zone.

Gutted - Stevenage fan after losing a two goal lead in last ten minutes to lose at home, and drop in to the bottom four.

Lets keep a little perspective!

Utter disgrace.the game was won.

Think a bit longer..we all thought we were down not too far back.i think we all feel we will stay up now. I could not see any way out of situation and now hey i can. I think cotts has done wonders so far and if in the end we do stay up it will be a huge pat on the back for him. Any one who thinks otherwise has forgotten how they felt not too far back.

Definition

Disappointed - Bristol City fan after losing a two goal lead in last twenty minutes to only get an away draw, failing to move further away from the drop zone.

Gutted - Stevenage fan after losing a two goal lead in last ten minutes to lose at home, and drop in to the bottom four.

Lets keep a little perspective!

Got to agree with you. Colchester want/need the points too, they are in an almost identical situation to us. They shouldn't be expected to lie down and give up without a fight, they are the home team and that should be an advantage.

Maybe that's what we could learn ourselves. I'm sure we've gone a couple of goals down at home and just about given up in getting anything from the game in the past. Lately we have a more positive outlook but days like this enforce the fact that all is not lost if we find ourselves in that situation.

We have also got goals from players other than Baldock and Jet, surely goals throughout the team is a positive. We also seem to have more feasible options on the bench now, again a positive. Get the points at home and go for at least a point away and everything will fall in place.

We don't do that though do we? Look at our home form over the course of this season.

Agreed. I have always said we are too soft at home, or have been on many occasions over the past couple of seasons. But my comments were intended to be regarding the future. Getting into a mindset of dominating at home, which should hopefully mean we win games and picking up what we can away. Putting positive runs together rather than lurching from one game to the next is what we are doing now, and has to continue beyond this season.

I wasn't there today but i still know Jet was useless, Baldock couldnt hit a barn door if he was 5 yards away, Wade Elliot should bugger off back to Birmingham as he isnt any better than what we already have and well Fielding, enough said. :facepalm: And just because you were there doesn't mean your opinion is more valid than mine just because you saw what was happening. :innocent06:

At least we were 2 up. We are not suddenly title winners, but huge progress. Losing the 2 goal lead will have sent SC mad, and he knows better than us, we need to sort that if we are to mount a promotion challenge. That today was the difference between a mid table performance and a promotion one. But we are much improved. 

That's a very sensible and balanced view. What is it doing on OTIB?

I'm not too disheartened by todays result tbh. Yes very annoying we threw away a 2 goal lead and they were there for the taking.

However think we showed again that we have enough to stay up this season. Wade Elliott was excellent as was Maloney. Had Elliott not been subbed off think we would have won.

If we keep few of the lads on loan and get a decent old fashioned target man think we will do alright next season.

Only slight critism for me is jet who I feel needs to get in the box more. Just isn't an out and out striker and the formation we are playing think we would benefit from playing a target man.

We know exactly what you are feeling... Last monday we lead with 2-0 too and got a draw also... 83th minute and 93th minute... Lots of cursing and feelings like a lost game. Still: 1 important point for City to stay away from the relegation zone... Let's keep up the winning games for City as Well as for Willem II to keep City at least in the League One and to get Willem II back in the Eredivisie (premier league)!!!

Archived