IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Port Vale Matchday Thread

March has so far brought us 6 games, 4 wins, 2 draws, 14 goals for, 6 against and 2 clean sheets. That will do nicely. Wonder if SC is in the frame for a Manager of the month award. Hope not really 'cause form normally goes boobs north in the wake of that.

Congrats from Tilburg with this win. Looking like a nice streak, which started with "Marks' Miracle"..... ;-)

• Like 2

Just a quick question, we obviously played better than PV tonight but I was wondering how we played in terms of style? I just read a Port Vale fan calling us a "bunch of hoofball merchants" and having not been at the game I was wondering if this is just sour grapes or an accurate summary of our performance?

I had a text from a mate at the game at half time saying it was close, other than the score!

Will let someone who was there respond, but the games I have seen recently we have resorted to belting it clear now and again, but we have actually tried to play football rather than what I would call long ball.

Just a quick question, we obviously played better than PV tonight but I was wondering how we played in terms of style? I just read a Port Vale fan calling us a "bunch of hoofball merchants" and having not been at the game I was wondering if this is just sour grapes or an accurate summary of our performance?

Sour grapes.

We played some great stuff and some of the passing from the likes of JET and Wade Elliott was way above L1.

I'm amazed they have said that after the absolute gutless, unprofessional shambles they were tonight. As bad as I've seen in an awful long time. Shouldn't let that detract from how good we were though. Should have been 10-0 in all honesty!! But no seriously, it was a very polished and fluid display by us.

Ignore that fan. How on earth he can call us hoof ball merchants I'll never know. Vale's entire game plan was based on aimless punts up to their two forwards and trying to win set pieces which they could then hoof into the box. They practically made us look like Brazil. 

Was reading their forum, and did see somebody post "We can't defend set pieces and face a side of hoofball merchants... Great!" In complete fairness I think he was responding to somebody saying their next match was Stevenage, rather than meaning us - I think!

Match report is up on Bristol Sports Blogger if anyone fancies a read.

here's the link: http://bristolsportsblogger.com/2014/03/25/bristol-city-5-0-port-vale/

cracking result tonight, we've looked a lot better recenlty but I don't think anyone saw that one coming. I most definitely did not!

Hopefully keep the unbeaten run going for a little longer now and carry on the good run.

• Like 1

amazing performance by everyone in a red shirt and frankie of course. im surprised there were comments of a shaky defence tho,i thought nosworthy was outstanding,so cool which was rubbing off on williams who played some equally cool professional football.

ozzy was ozzy,rock solid. please mr cotts,sell el abd and give the money to nyron instead,hes 3 classes above him

• Like 1

amazing performance by everyone in a red shirt and frankie of course. im surprised there were comments of a shaky defence tho,i thought nosworthy was outstanding,so cool which was rubbing off on williams who played some equally cool professional football.

ozzy was ozzy,rock solid. please mr cotts,sell el abd and give the money to nyron instead,hes 3 classes above him

Who was rubbing off Williams?!

Reminds me of that old thread where Basso pulled himself off at half time. Unbelievable Geoff.

• Like 2

Is it good? The Bowmore, not the hedgehog. I've got my eye on getting a bottle next payday

COYR by the way

Exceptionally good. It was quite reasonably priced, in Tesco of all places. It's recognisably Bowmore, although not as iodiney as usual, and a real delight.

Horace likes it too, but only gets it when he's been good. Does wonders for his behaviour ;)

Who was rubbing off Williams?!

Reminds me of that old thread where Basso pulled himself off at half time. Unbelievable Geoff.

id guess it was waggy as the others were all very busy, im not knocking the team performance or selection but waggy doesnt seem quite right in that wing back role defending. watches the ball well but doesnt put his boot through it like moloney allowing the attacker to get much closer .

another thing i enjoyed a lot last night was seeing JMR play as shit as only he can, i was dreading him popping in a couple of screamers