IGNORED

Ashton Gate Artist Impressions...

G Block

The one criticism I do agree with is that the view in H block of the Atyeo is of the side of the extended Dolman lower tier. It looks like you won't be able to see the Dolman / Wedlock corner of the pitch from the side of H block with the Dolman moving forward by 5M?

DL confirmed that block H will still have a view. Granted the dolman/ EE corner might be a bit tricky but generally they are still useable seats. I too shared your concerns and DL confirmed the above.

I like the fact the atyeo remains separate, despite it's awkward misaligned appearance. It may be small but will go some way towards retaining some much needed character as the gate will become bowlified to a degree.

It remains to be seen whether block H will still be used due to the horrendous view...perhaps someone went to the atyeo meeting could tell us?

Edit: just seen above DL confirmed the block will still have views. Can't be much cop though with the pitch 5m further away.

Agreed, but I've the original submitted plans and the corner WERE filled in. Surely the draughtsmen knew of the height restrictions?

I'm struggling to think of any housing adjacent to the corners of the Atyeo myself. Spent over an hour admiring the surroundings queuing for the Bradford tickets and only spotted the old Hirerite warehouse. Swear the other corner is just open space and a few old yards.

BLOODY HELL!

The Atyeo is staying the same (externally). No, it is not being connected to any other stand by roof or seating. This is mainly due to the fact that the stand/corners can't be increased in height due to light restrictions for the houses behind.

The current Eastend isn't the same height as the Williams Stand but that didnt stop the corner being filled in back in the early 90's. I like the look of the plans that we've been shown so far, the only thing I would change would be leaving he Atyeo as a separate stand but then, it's not my money financing it.

Or rather nothing can be done to the Atyeo with the houses behind. Why do we need more than 26k anyway?

This. Sadly.  There is no point knocking it down just to move it 5m to the right.  Ultimately unless the club buy up all the houses behind (which ironically I believe they owned all of in the 1960s) and knock them down then it'll never be changed.  Not even sure if the houses were knocked down they'd get planning..

• Admin

Or rather nothing can be done to the Atyeo with the houses behind. Why do we need more than 26k anyway?

Don't understand how something on a curve would affect a house, yet the whole stand doesn't ?

There is nothing either corner to block or obstruct anyway

You're right of course, phantom.

There is no light issue. The sun tracks from the south of the ground, casting northerly shadows. The dolman already casts a shadow where any corner piece would be.

It is all to do with priorities, and the expensive re modeling of a small section just isn't up there, especially considering that the long term plan for this stand will likely be to completely rebuilt it. It's just not cost effective.

Don't understand how something on a curve would affect a house, yet the whole stand doesn't ?

Expanding the stand would be an issue, filling the corners in if and when this becomes a possibility would make much more sense than doing it now and creating extra capacity that we won't fill.

Expanding the stand would be an issue, filling the corners in if and when this becomes a possibility would make much more sense than doing it now and creating extra capacity that we won't fill.

It wouldn't increase the capacity; that's the point.

It would merely give the fans in that area a better view, and would improve the overall appearance of the stadium.

I think he meant the stand overall. When the Atyeo was proposed it was going to be a two tier stand (would love to know if anyone still has original plan drawings) and that got rejected because the hight meant the houses behind would be in permanent shadow basically.

I'm fairly sure putting in more seats would increase the capacity.

Had a feeling I might need to explain myself in more detail on this one!

Remember the pitch is moving 5 metres away from the dolman, and the lower tier will now extend to roughly where the present touch line is.

That will mean any corner section would be built further over as well, which would entail lopping off a great chunk of the current atyeo.

Bearing in mind that it would only be able to join with the dolman in the lower tier due to rake differential (and even that might not work), the depth of the corner section would be limited. Capacity would therefore remain largely the same.

Hope this makes sense.

Sort about the poor quality images, I've only had my phone to do them on.

capturezy.jpg

image_2014-04-09_114138.png

image_2014-04-09_114938.png

Agreed, but I've seen the original submitted plans and the corner WERE filled in. Surely the draughtsmen knew of the height restrictions?

I thought rather than being filled in with seats, the new plans have basically put a canopy over the open areas between the Dolman/Atyeo and Williams/Atyeo.

It looks misleading on the plans that can be seen on the planning site.

I thought rather than being filled in with seats, the new plans have basically put a canopy over the open areas between the Dolman/Atyeo and Williams/Atyeo.

It looks misleading on the plans that can be seen on the planning site.

I noticed this. Think the canopy may have been on earlier designs, not sure it has made the final cut though.

A brief google search suggests the average seat is 19 inches wide, so moving the pitch 5 metres is only ~10 seats maximum, if there's no gangway in the area. So I would guess filling in the whole of the corner would represent a fairly significant net increase, since the seats being removed wouldn't be particularly great.

I've heard that Steve Lansdown has already started buying up the houses behind the Ateyo, as is renting that out for when he buys them all and can knock them down

So, explain this to me.

Let's say one of these properties is owned by someone in their 40s with absolutely no interest in ever selling. Hardly an unlikely scenario.

How does this theory work then?

I've heard this story several times, it just seems so far fetched to me.

So, explain this to me.

Let's say one of these properties is owned by someone in their 40s with absolutely no interest in ever selling. Hardly an unlikely scenario.

How does this theory work then?

I've heard this story several times, it just seems so far fetched to me.

The revamped AG would be adequate for the lower reaches of the prem, SL has gone on record as saying that income from gates is fairly insignificant compared to the TV money at the lower end of the table.

SL and his family are in it for the long haul, they can afford to wait for properties to come onto the market naturally.

If properties are owned by landlords they will have a price, which SL can meet.

If the situation arises that he needs one or two to complete his set he can up the offer considerably, or he may indeed get help from local council ala Liverpool.

Having researched recent sales there are some properties that have changed hands in that terrace, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they now belonged to SL, nor would it surprise me if the old Merc dealership was owned by him, that has been empty for years.

Archived