IGNORED

Ashton Gate Artist Impressions...

G Block

Would it be feasible to join the Atyeo to the new Williams and Dolman with double tier corner stands (e.g. the 2 corners would be the same height as the Dolman and new Williams), it wouldn't effect the houses behind the Atyeo, You could then get around the issue of the rake in the Atyeo by a having a wall like below.

9791755.jpg

I'm a fan of quirkyness too.

Doubt this would work though. Two tiers obviously would start to become a light issue due to the height, and where would they go? At what point would it revert back to the single tier?

Would be a head **** tbh.

Quite happy for the atyeo to remain as it is for now. If and when we actually need to expand it, I presume we'd pull it down and do it properly.

Would it be feasible to join the Atyeo to the new Williams and Dolman with double tier corner stands (e.g. the 2 corners would be the same height as the Dolman and new Williams), it wouldn't effect the houses behind the Atyeo, You could then get around the issue of the rake in the Atyeo by a having a wall like below.

9791755.jpg

Even if the club were to look at wrapping the corners, it can only be done between Ateyo and Dolman anyway as the new Williams structure has a curved end that wraps around to the back of the Ateyo. This part of the stand houses the media and changing rooms and is also the emergency access area 

This is the plan rotating pitch showing the old stands alongside the new to compare. Ignore the bit going into next door car park this was a mistake at the time.

aerialrotate1_zps7f71397f.png

Next plan showing how much space you would have. Also shows the little river.

aerialrotate1-Copy_zps72fbc78c.png

The last plan showing the little river being buried, and an access way on top. It has already been built under a road elsewhere so it wouldn't be a problem to do that. I slightly moved the whole ground upwards to make equal space between the houses.

aerialrotate1-Copy-Copy_zpscd05e05e.png

That looks scarily like one of my naff paint jobs from last year...

The reason the stadium was shifted down was so that there was extra clearance from the houses that hinder the atyeo. This way the side stand could be much bigger/higher. I followed the upward trajectory of the atyeo roof (which represents the perceived acceptable sightline/light-line if you like) and found that there was room for two tiers this way. Probably enough room for circa 30-33k but no more.

Still, the residents of raynes rd would prob still have something to say, and tbh there wasn't enough advantages to be had doing the rotation thing in the end.

The benefits didn't outweigh the upheaval and costs, and the club/architects clearly saw that too, hence their decision.

If that's the case then fair enough; at the moment it's just a Paint job to illustrate the point, there is also the fact as touched upon elsewhere that the rake would make it look ridiculous when curved round to meet the Dolman. A stadium seat is little short of 50cm in width, so a move of 5m of the pitch doesn't affect a sizeable chunk.

Surely the best idea would have been to knock the shitty atyeo down and build a new stand joined into both corners at the same height as the current atyeo but with an option to add on top when the option comes available. This way we have a decent ground at maybe 30,000 and the option to add to this in the future

Surely the best idea would have been to knock the shitty atyeo down and build a new stand joined into both corners at the same height as the current atyeo but with an option to add on top when the option comes available. This way we have a decent ground at maybe 30,000 and the option to add to this in the future

In an ideal world yeah, if the houses didn't have to be first bought, knocked down then it would be a lot more straight forward. Sure it's in the pipeline as and when.

9791755.jpg

That lower tier is exactly where I watched Chelsea from in their Champions League game about two years ago. I can emphasize enough how rubbish the Atmosphere was in there. You're completely squashed into the corner and you feel detached from the rest of the ground......I'm not a fan !

I can only speculate on Lansdown's long term vision, but I believe that Ashton Gate will be redeveloped and remain as for the long-term future. The reason I believe this is that I think the Lansdown's (John and Steve) are willing to play the long game on a purpose-built stadium for the football club and see the redevelopment of Ashton Gate as a way of giving Bristol Rugby a home to be proud of for the long-term future. After all, if we were in 10-15 years time to move to a new Ashton Vale style stadium, the redevelopled Ashton Gate would most likely still be a premier quality Rugby stadium, especially with the safe standing and corporate facilities on offer.

Just what I envisage happening and wouldn't be unhappy if it did. As a city, Bristol deserves two premier sporting teams, especially when considering we have to suffer the ignominy of hosting Gloucestershire CCC within our city and county boundaries.

I can only speculate on Lansdown's long term vision, but I believe that Ashton Gate will be redeveloped and remain as for the long-term future. The reason I believe this is that I think the Lansdown's (John and Steve) are willing to play the long game on a purpose-built stadium for the football club and see the redevelopment of Ashton Gate as a way of giving Bristol Rugby a home to be proud of for the long-term future. After all, if we were in 10-15 years time to move to a new Ashton Vale style stadium, the redevelopled Ashton Gate would most likely still be a premier quality Rugby stadium, especially with the safe standing and corporate facilities on offer.

Just what I envisage happening and wouldn't be unhappy if it did. As a city, Bristol deserves two premier sporting teams, especially when considering we have to suffer the ignominy of hosting Gloucestershire CCC within our city and county boundaries.

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way he'll build on AV in 10-15 years and give AG to the rugby club. It doesn't make sense at all. We'll always share now as long as he's owner of both clubs.

Ok, my view is based on speculation. What is yours based on?

Speculation as well, obviously! Just can't see that idea ever being likely. SL may be able to afford to build two stadiums but that doesn't mean he would, he's also a business man and would want some return on AG if we were to move to brand new stadium in 20 years time.

Problem with that scenario is that SL would not have the funds from the sale of AG to part fund a new football stadium ergo would have to fund the total cost of the project plus with two stadiums likely to be offering the same non-matchday facilities (conferences etc) possibly in very close proximity, they would be competing against each other for the business

The new plans appear to have changed a fair bit. For one thing the height of the new East End seems lower than the height of the Dolman. I could be wrong....

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/98E0541527E20E4EB53F1D19FF33924A/pdf/14_00751_X-REVISED_DRAWING_PACKAGE_-_A3-1126672.pdf

Looking at it closely (not easy with pdf files) it seems that it is just the corners that are lower (see the top elevation of page 5). I'm pretty sure though, that the original plans had a single bowl curving from the East end to the Dolman with the seats at the back being at the same height as the back row of the Dolman.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B036gQ5YpjdSTVhORFVRUFFGSDg/edit

There will no doubt be many more compromises on the way. I'm looking forward to watching the changes next season. But I'll miss this...

1798758_10151951634427215_2039142178_n.j

Actually if your sat in H block then moving the pitch 5 meters towards the williams would give a better view of the whole pitch. Apoligies Manon but you are talking utter crap. That corner can easily be extended as there is already a large gap between the Atyeo and Dolman. Many have forgotten this but the gap between Dolman and the EE is being filled next season, ie the Dolman being extended towards the EE. That can easily be done at the Atyeo end too with minimal fuss and without touching the Atyeo at all. I'll quickly put some pics together to show what I mean.

The new plans appear to have changed a fair bit. For one thing the height of the new East End seems lower than the height of the Dolman. I could be wrong....

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/98E0541527E20E4EB53F1D19FF33924A/pdf/14_00751_X-REVISED_DRAWING_PACKAGE_-_A3-1126672.pdf

Looking at it closely (not easy with pdf files) it seems that it is just the corners that are lower (see the top elevation of page 5). I'm pretty sure though, that the original plans had a single bowl curving from the East end to the Dolman with the seats at the back being at the same height as the back row of the Dolman.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B036gQ5YpjdSTVhORFVRUFFGSDg/edit

There will no doubt be many more compromises on the way. I'm looking forward to watching the changes next season. But I'll miss this...

Thanks for this, Looking at that I'd say this the club listening to the fans as it lower corners breaks up the bowl and makes the stands look separate, should be getting a fly through soon surely? 

As for the other three pages of garbage on what may or may not happen to the Atyeo in 5 years time..........

Threshing:- would moving the pitch 90 degrees not mean having to move grounds for at least a season? The stands would be nowhere near the pitch if we didn't.

BCFCRobbo... I don't believe any sensible scenario would be suggesting ditching one new stadium for another; more likely using AG in the future just for Rugby while City would move to AV if we needed more space.

Threshing:- would moving the pitch 90 degrees not mean having to move grounds for at least a season? The stands would be nowhere near the pitch if we didn't.

BCFCRobbo... I don't believe any sensible scenario would be suggesting ditching one new stadium for another; more likely using AG in the future just for Rugby while City would move to AV if we needed more space.

Why not go the whole hog and turn the ground 180 degrees , but I suppose that would mean swopping grounds for TWO seasons !     :shifty:

I think all the signs are Bristol City F.C. and Bristol Rugby are now inextricably linked as long as the Lansdown family are in charge - i.e. probably for the next 50 years - and the concrete plan now is they will share AG for the long term.

There is no need or desire for two stadiums and more than likely alternative plans for AV will be revealed in the not too distant future.

Actually if your sat in H block then moving the pitch 5 meters towards the williams would give a better view of the whole pitch. Apoligies Manon but you are talking utter crap. That corner can easily be extended as there is already a large gap between the Atyeo and Dolman. Many have forgotten this but the gap between Dolman and the EE is being filled next season, ie the Dolman being extended towards the EE. That can easily be done at the Atyeo end too with minimal fuss and without touching the Atyeo at all. I'll quickly put some pics together to show what I mean.

Ok then.

Archived