IGNORED

Nyron. Can We Keep Him?

redsquirrel

• Admin

Wouldn't expect him to be in the plans at Watford anymore - am sure they would approve a move to us, if only for him to put himself a bit in the shop window.

Money wont be an issue, if we could afford him for the period already covered.

The promising thing, as he has just become a father he is going to be looking at some stability in his life, may help us keep him in the longer term? 

At 33 Nosworthy has probably 2 or possibly 3 seasons left in his career so maybe a two year deal would tempt him. He says he likes it here so that could be telling factor in any negotiations between City and Watford.

Only time will tell.

Wouldn't expect him to be in the plans at Watford anymore - am sure they would approve a move to us, if only for him to put himself a bit in the shop window.

Money wont be an issue, if we could afford him for the period already covered.

The promising thing, as he has just become a father he is going to be looking at some stability in his life, may help us keep him in the longer I

I think it said in the Evil Post that he's out of contract at the end of the season,  so won't cost us anything.

yes he has been fantastic since he arrived here and has helped tighten a very leak defense,

I'd offer him a 1 year deal with an extenstion clause triggered by appearances or a 2 year deal, he adds vital experiance in a postion that we aren't blessed in

Would be a great signing if we can get him, has made a massive difference to us !  Makes Flint and El Abd look like downs players.

Thats not been hard on occasions although flint was looking alot better before he got injured

Nope, AlwaysARed, it's based on a lack of brain cells :)

No, it's based on this.

He's 33, an age at which signings should be the exception, not the norm. A 2 year deal taking him to 35? Wait for the forum to go into meltdown if he starts to struggle with injuries or (like others in the past) miraculously loses motivation.

We have 4 senior centre backs under contract for next season already, (Osborne, Williams, Flint and El-Abd) and no matter what the Championship manager types on here say, it is highly unlikely that we will move any of them on.

Sorry for having a different opinion than you, and rather than just making a stupid comment for arguing my case...

No, it's based on this.

He's 33, an age at which signings should be the exception, not the norm. A 2 year deal taking him to 35? Wait for the forum to go into meltdown if he starts to struggle with injuries or (like others in the past) miraculously loses motivation.

We have 4 senior centre backs under contract for next season already, (Osborne, Williams, Flint and El-Abd) and no matter what the Championship manager types on here say, it is highly unlikely that we will move any of them on.

Sorry for having a different opinion than you, and rather than just making a stupid comment for arguing my case...

You made the first stupid comment "hope not" now you've elaborated you make valid points.

No, it's based on this.

Quite agree.

I hope SC sees it like that as well however I am concerned that he seems to quite like playing 3 or even 4 CBs across the back line, in which case he may feel we need yet another one. And with Fonts off the wage bill he'll have the money to get Nuggsy if he so wishes.

I'd like it to be a very quiet summer for City, holding onto our best players and making a few quality additions. However as this is City we're talking about and with the change of manager I suspect they'll be plenty of wheeling and dealing and therefore wouldn't rule out any of those 4 CBs (apart from Osborne) moving out, nor would I rule out Moloney or Cunningham going.

I hope there are not too many ins and outs during the close season. Keep most of the current starting 11, except Barnet. FRinge high earners to go Pearson etc.

Bring in two or three, left winger and a creative midfield player

We struggled at the start of the year due to too many ins and outs and an inept manager

No, it's based on this.

That would have been a more 'applicable' answer to post first of all.

I see what you're saying with our defensive options etc. I'd much prefer Nyron next season over El Bad and Flint. A 2 year deal wouldn't be ideal, but 12 month with options to extend.

El Abd, perhaps will grow over time, but Flint is not an option for me if you had to keep 4/5 current CB options.

You never know, we could keep them all and have Williams considered as a left back option over CB and mainly be challenging Cunningham.

evening post came at 8 am this morning. nosworthy keen to stay til end of season.if he does,can we afford his wages for next year aswell? the most composed defender ive seen so far at ag this season,osborne close second mind you.

If we stay up I expect him to be offered and accept a contract....

No, it's based on this.

I agree Graham.

Nosworthy has been quality mind but unless SC shifts any of the other 4 CB's we have then it's not really worth while and certainly doesn't make sense financially.

It wouldn't surprise me if the close season isn't at all as quiet as some of us would like.

I think JET, Baldock and possibly Wliiliams and Osbourne may attract some unwanted attention and it wouldn't surprise me if at least one or two were sold. These things (if they happen) tend to have a knock on effect in replacement players, and depending on what players come in, there may be other casualties in that process, depending on what style and formation Cotts wants to play. I think that because we were in the state we were when he came in, he's very much been fighting a rearguard action and next season will see us adopt his true style and formation, when he will have all the tools at his disposal.

Certainly with JET and Baldock, if championship clubs come calling, they will most probably be off, irrespective of how long their current contracts are. Players always want the best possible standard of football (Usually driven by greedy agents)

Archived