IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

am coming back from 2 weeks in mallorca on good friday. would have been able to make the game saturday to top off a good hol but its all ruined now!

I planned train tickets around this game, lotta money spunked down the drain now though!

Understandably our own fans are upset and Notts County fans too. Wrong decision.

I'd argue right decision, but wrong time.

Fans have been questioning for weeks why we were the only fixture playing on the Saturday! Only having one days rest instead of two would be a massive factor for both us and county's fixtures on Monday.

Why on earth has this not been changed weeks ago and why was the game originally scheduled for the Saturday in the first place?! Utter madness! Please tell me the club hadn't only just realised that playing Sat gave the players only one days rest! Most fans have been for ages!

Considering it's Easter weekend and people make plans at this time of year, I'd be surprised if there was a single fan that this didn't effect in some way (not just exiles or away fans that have booked train tickets).

Fans have been questioning for weeks why we were the only fixture playing on the Saturday! Only having one days rest instead of two would be a massive factor for both us and county's fixtures on Monday.

Why on earth has this not been changed weeks ago and why was the game originally scheduled for the Saturday in the first place?! Utter madness! Please tell me the club hadn't only just realised that playing Sat gave the players only one days rest! Most fans have been for ages!

Considering it's Easter weekend and people make plans at this time of year, I'd be surprised if there was a single fan that this didn't effect in some way (not just exiles or away fans that have booked train tickets).

Exactly!! As soon as the fixture list came out I saw this and wondered why it was a Saturday when the others were Friday.

If the club had sense they would change it back and realise they c*cked up

Just as well there isn't a pillar for "fans" otherwise the club might have to give a ****.

You know, I hadn't noticed this before, but it makes sense, given that the club doesn't give a frack for the fans :(

Spell checkers, eh? - since when has 'Yo' been a word?

I agree, I meant wrong decision to alter it now.

Naturally I want to win games and if one extra days rest will make the difference then ok I can see the reasoning. But I honestly think the club doesn't take into account the huge effort many fans have to make to actually attend games; work, child care, transport etc all have to be juggled. Add in the factor of a long weekend for some, but not all, and to move it now won't be easy for some.

Be interested to know why it was changed so late and why the two clubs didn't say in advance 'we might look to move this".

"Rob" (if that IS indeed your real name)

Maybe you could spend your Food Vouchers at the game? Perhaps you could pick them up off City Cat before the game and get your free program & "Bring a Friend" ticket for next season too.

I agree, I meant wrong decision to alter it now.

Naturally I want to win games and if one extra days rest will make the difference then ok I can see the reasoning. But I honestly think the club doesn't take into account the huge effort many fans have to make to actually attend games; work, child care, transport etc all have to be juggled. Add in the factor of a long weekend for some, but not all, and to move it now won't be easy for some.

What the club have done is screwed up in not making the change early. Now it's been left so late they've made a decision to put the team ahead of fans. Fair enough you might say. I VERY rarely criticise the club but this is so amateurish, the club need to explain what on earth is going on!

Loads of county fans are fuming as they have bought train tickets and can't make the game now because of other commitments.

I don't understand the need to change the date?

I don't really care about NC fans, travelling away anywhere is a risk, I'm afraid it comes with the territory. BUT, I'm much more concerned about our fans who have been ****** around by this late call!

Archived