IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

Furthermore, what really pisses me off is the 'reason' for the change. If the clubs statement had referred to policing or other unavoidable reasons for the change then fair enough we've just got to suck it up and get on with it, as inconvenient as that might be. But the reason was to do with the players rest for Monday, something that fans have flagged up weeks and months ago. Such poor planning to only just 'realise' this now and do something about it. You would have thought they might notice that we were the only team in the league playing on the Saturday!

Can't make this now either, I'm also coming back from Spain on the Friday and the coach is going straight to Preston so not as if I can even get off somewhere and travel to Bristol.

Wouldn't have affected me, but the club really should have said earlier they may be moving it so people held off on travel bookings, I can understand why it's been moved because of the extra day before Stevenage which should be 3 points for us and keep us well clear but it has been poorly handled.

• Admin

To me one of the biggest own goals with this is screwing themselves over

The community trust are cycling back from Lands End raising money for the Botswana trip and was geared up for them to get back for the game on the Saturday

Piss poor. I now can't make it and I know others are in the same boat. At least without considerable expense. This hasn't exactly been sprung on the club at short notice. Will I get a refund for the value of the match on my ST? Of course not.

Assuming both clubs have to agree, Notts County have also pissed all over their fans.

Great news that it gives the players an extra 24 hours to recover/prepare for the Monday game but what an absolute joke to give fans just over a weeks notice.

How long have the club known about this fixture and they obviously havent considered fans may have made plans on the BH friday.

Obviously common sense is on holiday at the moment.

I s'pose conversely, there must be those who wouldn't have been able to make it, but now can?

Most people (me included) plan around it. If they had let us know months ago it wouldn't have been a problem for most, including all the poor Notts County fans.

Many more people will now miss it than can now make it.

Isn't it amazing how the club continually manage to shoot themselves in the foot?

Having last week received much praise from fans for what appears to be a well-thought out, effective plan for organising ST renewals whilst the AG redevelopment is going on, they then revert to type with this.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm really not. I was planning to be there on the Saturday as I'm down visiting family for the weekend, can't go now as I can't get down on Friday. Luckily I haven't bought a ticket yet.

I particularly feel sorry for the Notts County fans, though I suspect they're just as angry at their own club.

This has actually done me a favour !

That being said its piss poor from the club, and I feel for all our fans that this caused issues too

Just goes to show the clubs thought process though dosn't it = What Fans ! 

To me one of the biggest own goals with this is screwing themselves over

The community trust are cycling back from Lands End raising money for the Botswana trip and was geared up for them to get back for the game on the Saturday

And the club cares how much about the Community Trust?

Archived