IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

Dont know the policy around this but surely the clubs would have to refund their seta of fans any travel cost already paid?

I get it if the game was called of beyond our control but this is an absolutely shambles!

Whilst it sounds reasonable, I would imagine the club have on the fans charter that was introduced a few years back that they reserve the right to move games and they encourage supporters to take travel insurance and to book flexible tickets. At least I'm guessing it's written somewhere, makes sense.

Credit to the Club, you can't acheive this level of ineptitude without putting in plenty of practice, and we've watched them putting relentless effort into pissing us off all year  . This is a deserved triumph , and should be applauded.

What I don't understand every year we play Saturday and Monday over Easter. Same as Boxing Day and Sunday over Xmas this year. This happens every year and then with 8 days notice decide to move the fixture. I think 2 years ago we played Saturday Monday and were on tv the Saturday night at forest but players were fine to play Monday.

I can't make this now, down visiting family over Easter, Saturday to Monday to catch the game and now no game.

Are the club going to refund my premier inn room I've booked for the 4 of us, just pure incompetence by the club and as per usual the fans of this club come last.

Lets just take a moment and think of the players - they would of had to play 3hours of football inside 3 days if the fixture hadn't been changed. Some of you are being quite selfish tbh

Do read the bloody posts - everybody knows that Saturday and Monday is a bad idea - so why did it take the club until now to realise and frack up everybody's lives? Except, obviously, for people like you with no plans and no commitments...

Whilst it sounds reasonable, I would imagine the club have on the fans charter that was introduced a few years back that they reserve the right to move games and they encourage supporters to take travel insurance and to book flexible tickets. At least I'm guessing it's written somewhere, makes sense.

Except that flexible tickets on the train can cost up to five times as much and we don't expect the club to realise that it's planned 2 games in 3 days just a week beforehand :doh:

Dont know the policy around this but surely the clubs would have to refund their seta of fans any travel cost already paid?

I get it if the game was called of beyond our control but this is an absolutely shambles!

And I bet that there's a clause in the contract covering this and that all you'll get from the club is (if you're lucky) an apology and (if you're very lucky) some food vouchers too.

Yes all a mess and i feel sorry for all you guys involved. Me im away and would miss the game either way. Not sure what the reason for it being on the Saturday in the first place was but it does make me wonder if both clubs and maybe the FA have recognised that the Easter weekend has become even more massive than normal for so many teams - must be about 15-20 teams still in with a chance of relegation or promotion- and teams involved playing out of sequence with all of the rest may have a disadvantage or advantage depending on which way you look at it. Just a thought.

There must be a serious amount of people on this thread alone who will now miss this game.

Add my name to that list. I'm coming back from hols on fri. What a frigging joke. Who made this call? Did anyone at any point stop to CONSIDER THE FANS, the life blood of the club??

This is really poor by the club with barely a week until the game . Yes it is better for the team but all city fans have worked there bank holiday to suit the game . Let alone those who have to work bank holidays .

Also got a voicemail from the club about season ticket renewal this morning yet nothing about the date of notts county

It actually helps me as I'm away on the sat and not Fri so im glad but was expecting to miss it so feel very sorry for fans who cant make it / lost money .

What a cock up ! Me and my 9yr old son can't make it now as on holiday Friday arranged to come back on Saturday so Me and my boy could watch the game, were also ticket holders, are the club gonna reimburse us for their mistake why couldn't they rearrange months ago is beyond me I am so peed off.

I cannot believe how inept this club is. If it was run as any normal business, it would have been out of business years ago. I have bought 5 tickets and 3 of those are for Malmo supporters I know who are coming over from Sweden for Easter and fly in Friday night. How do I explain this to them!!! The reason is a joke and if it was for live TV, Police advice etc, I could easily explain.

Thank you BCFC for making us look like a small and amateur club after telling them that we are bigger and better than our league position indicates. You have a product that us fans cannot buy anywhere else as once you become a true fan of a club you follow them for life and cannot go to a different provider if you are not satisfied with the product. The problem is that most professional clubs are run by people including footballers who have absolutely no concept of what it is like to be a football fan, even though they think they do.

Next season when we have a Sat then Tues home games, I will call you and expect you to move it to the Wed as I need more time to save the hard earned cash to pay for the tickets

Regards

One very irate fan who has been attending football at Ashton gate since 1969

There isn't much that can be said to defend the clubs on this one!

We all know that fixtures can change, but 8 days notice should not even be allowed by the League, let alone chosen and agreed by the clubs.

Right decision but TOTALLY WRONG timing.

This simply should not have happened now.

It doesn't make any difference to me, but I really do feel for all those that are affected, from both sets of fans.

Archived