IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

I'm half expecting a statement along these lines

"At Bristol City FC we are refusing to move the rescheduled match vs Notts County back to the original date, Even after much dispute among fans. Our reasoning behind this is Fans have made travel arrangements and booked places to stay for the reschedule match and it will be letting those fans down if it were to return to its original date."

Would seem about facking right

I've missed a handful of home games in the last fifteen years and booked a holiday so that I would be back on Friday in time for the match, I am an Ashton Alf but this has seriously pissed me off. Can the club reconsider and move to the original date? I am yet to hear from anyone who can now make the fixture but there are lots who are now unable to attend.

Adam Baker - Head of Communications. Where is the apology for the late notice and inconvenience caused to fans?

Couldn't give a shite. Endemic of the lack of consideration to fans,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club ..........a business, only has to satisfy the FL and they have been and are;

we are the shite on the wheels and will be noticed only when the club.........a business, wants something from us........i.e our money. Thank gawd Crewe will be my farewell, please feel free to delete my account anytime after.... 45plus years has taken its toll :sub:

Dave L going to defend this or what?

Sick to death of the silence from the club on yet another **** up

Harsh. Dave is always on here answering questions, you can hardly blame him for the club changing the fixture!

Dave is a PAID EMPLOYEE of the football club, whose role is to act as FANS LIAISON OFFICER.

If he were in the role voluntarily, I would be fine with him popping up and answering our questions in his own time, but as a paid and employed member of the club who should be acting in the best interest of the fans, I find it wholly illogical that he isn't on this thread some 8 hours after it was started.

Surely this issue is one which is urgently in need of a fans liaison officer - otherwise, what purpose does his role serve?

I cannot believe how inept this club is. If it was run as any normal business, it would have been out of business years ago. I have bought 5 tickets and 3 of those are for Malmo supporters I know who are coming over from Sweden for Easter and fly in Friday night. How do I explain this to them!!! The reason is a joke and if it was for live TV, Police advice etc, I could easily explain.

Thank you BCFC for making us look like a small and amateur club after telling them that we are bigger and better than our league position indicates. You have a product that us fans cannot buy anywhere else as once you become a true fan of a club you follow them for life and cannot go to a different provider if you are not satisfied with the product. The problem is that most professional clubs are run by people including footballers who have absolutely no concept of what it is like to be a football fan, even though they think they do.

Next season when we have a Sat then Tues home games, I will call you and expect you to move it to the Wed as I need more time to save the hard earned cash to pay for the tickets

Regards

One very irate fan who has been attending football at Ashton gate since 1969

I find this the most depressing post on this thread.  It's incredibly sad that we have supporters traveling thousands of miles to make a visit to Ashton Gate, who are suddenly informed that the game is rescheduled and their whole purpose of visiting is shattered.

Riggers, you may not get anywhere with it, but if I were you I'd ring the club and demand to speak to the Chairman and demand some form of compensation for your Scandinavian friends.  Perhaps if they're also going to Stevenage, the club may offer them free tickets at the very least (scant consolation though).

I find this the most depressing post on this thread. It's incredibly sad that we have supporters traveling thousands of miles to make a visit to Ashton Gate, who are suddenly informed that the game is rescheduled and their whole purpose of visiting is shattered.

Riggers, you may not get anywhere with it, but if I were you I'd ring the club and demand to speak to the Chairman and demand some form of compensation for your Scandinavian friends. Perhaps if they're also going to Stevenage, the club may offer them free tickets at the very least (scant consolation though).

He should stop 'moaning' and get a life.

That is a disgrace! All that money spent and time advertising our club spoilt because of what?

A terrible excuse saying we need more than a days rest. We've done it before and when the physios and that didn't exist teams would play 3 days in a row!!

BCFC grow a pair and explain a valid reason for this!!

On the FootyMad Notts County forum a lot of them can't make it now either. Plus a load of money has been spent on Hotels and travel that will be wasted

Who at the club decides this? They need to see the shit they have caused!!! :grr:

The Notts County fans can blame Notts County Football Club, they were fully involved in the decision.

The Notts County fans can blame Notts County Football Club, they were fully involved in the decision.

They have been

And the official twitter account has got in touch with fans (yeah get that!!) And has been trying to cooperate with refunds and that.

They got contacted today regarding the matter by City (should have done this ages ago!!) accepted the change (should have had balls to say no, our fans would've made travel arrangements) and the Football League cleared it in the afternoon (They really couldn't care, Got the message and most probably just went 'Yeah do as you please, We don't mind')

They have been

And the official twitter account has got in touch with fans (yeah get that!!) And has been trying to cooperate with refunds and that.

They got contacted today regarding the matter by City (should have done this ages ago!!) accepted the change (should have had balls to say no, our fans would've made travel arrangements) and the Football League cleared it in the afternoon (They really couldn't care, Got the message and most probably just went 'Yeah do as you please, We don't mind')

To be fair, there's no reason to suppose that NCFC cares any more for its fans than does BCFC...

Yet another clear example of the club's ineptitude.

I feel sorry for Dave L and Adam B for being the ones in the firing line. Those of the higher echelons at Ashton Gate are the ones that continue to make blunder after blunder. Honestly, a little common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Reading this thread in full seems to suugest the following questions that I hope Dave will (in time) be able to raise and answer on our collective behalves.

1/ At what point was a decision made to try and renegotiate the day of the game? (Most people don't seem to doubt the wisdom of bringing it forward, but if these talks have been going on for days/weeks or months, why wasn't a 'heads up, this might move' message issued).

2/Supporters who have made arrangements to attend the game need to claim a refund before the game commences, we are approaching a holiday season, why can't this be extended?

3/ We have (from this thread) supporters who have made international travel plans, would the club be open to financially assisting them in rebooking flights or refunding them if they are now unable to travel?

4/ As per point 3, but regarding hotel accommodation.

5/ Season ticket holders, will an exception be made so if the are now unable to make the game their ticket is now transferable (maybe a mate down the pub will give them a tenner for it? Maybe these supporters can register the name of the person using it? If not, a discount on next years?)

6/ Notts County supporters, they've been screwed right over here. Were they considered?

Long and the short of it, it feels like we (supporters) are expected to get on with it as our custom is in the bag and that we will put up with things but without communication from the club, people are shelling out significant money and hoping the game will go ahead as advertised since day one.

If the weather was bad or it was an International weekend, I'm sure people would be more understanding.

I think there are 2 questions that need to be answered.  The responses may be very illuminating.

Firstly, why was this game ever on the Saturday? I suggest that one or other of the teams asked for it to be on Saturday.  What has happened since?

It's possible that the police asked for the game to be on Saturday originally.  City (and/or NCFC) asked subsequently for it to be put back to Friday.  As part of the deal, the police then said "You can have it back to Friday if you don't mention our involvement at all".  Would explain why the club has provided no explanation around this.

Secondly, why hasn't the club apologised to NCFC fans who are travelling and, more importantly, City fans who are put out by this?  

Why hasn't the Club's Liaison (not during match days) Officer offered any sort of explanation?

Yet another clear example of the club's ineptitude.

I feel sorry for Dave L and Adam B for being the ones in the firing line. Those of the higher echelons at Ashton Gate are the ones that continue to make blunder after blunder. Honestly, a little common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Sorry, but it's not lack of common sense - it's total contempt for the fans :(

6/ Notts County supporters, they've been screwed right over here. Were they considered?

Secondly, why hasn't the club apologised to NCFC fans who are travelling and, more importantly, City fans who are put out by this?

I'm not overly happy about this switch as I've now missed the chance to get Friday off work, I've missed enough games through work commitments this season as it is, however, people saying the Notts County fans have been screwed over and why haven't they had an apology? ask Notts County Football Club who agreed to the change of date.I can understand City fans wanting answers from the City board for themselves but Notts County FC are just as guilty.

What a **** up. Fans coming all the way from Scandinavia to watch a match as well. What a complete waste of money for those poor sods.

Is the boardroom braincell on holiday at the moment?

At the very least the club should compensate these fans. Guess what? They won't.

They didn't know these fans were coming, although they should have had the red carpet out.

They don't care that these fans have been fracked about, because their money is in BCFC's bank account and that's all the club cares about.

If I were Dave L or Adam B, I would put my resignation on the table and give the club advice on sex and travel but, thank The Lord, I'm not.

Archived