IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

Statement from Bristol City Supporters Club and Trust

BCSCT understands the reasoning behind the Notts County game being brought forward 24hrs. However the fixture list was published in June 2013. Why has this change been made at 8 days notice? Many supporters from both clubs have made work and travel commitments for the Saturday.

We are also disappointed that the club statement does not contain an apology for the inconvenience caused to supporters.

I have only just found out about the change of date for this fixture. I received a text from my son. As a season ticket holder the club has my contact details - mobile number, email address - why could they not email or text to advise of this change - we don't all access BCFC website everyday and I am of that generation who has no inclination to use facebook or twitter - I can barely use a mobile or send an email! Non-existent communication again from the club.

BCSCT understands the reasoning behind the Notts County game being brought forward 24hrs. However the fixture list was published in June 2013. Why has this change been made at 8 days notice? Many supporters from both clubs have made work and travel commitments for the Saturday.

We are also disappointed that the club statement does not contain an apology for the inconvenience caused to supporters.

In all seriousness I think that statement doesn't go nearly far enough, it should have included a request for the resignation of the turnip(s) responsible for this fiasco.

Skimming through this thread, apart from the many who have built holiday and travel plans around the game, including myself and family, I have seen at least two groups who are flying in on the Friday for the Saturday game (the "Club" know this regularly happens) and therefore impossible to change travel plans even if they wanted to, and a suggestion that a group of 6/7 year old kids won't now be able to be flag bearers at the re-arranged fixture.

Disgusting incompetence and arrogance.

Gutted about this, I was happy to see this game was still a Saturday as my fixtures see me play Friday and Monday.

Would have been my last chance to get in the east end and "say goodbye".

So poor from the club that it borders on unbelievable. Only know about this change because of this thread, I rarely check the City website or twitter / Facebook!

In all seriousness I think that statement doesn't go nearly far enough, it should have included a request for the resignation of the turnip (s) responsible.

Disgusting incompetence and arrogance.

I agree. Not worded nearly strongly enough.

This goes further than a slight inconvenience, as this thread testifies.

I wouldn't necessarily go as far as to suggest that heads should roll, but the axe certainly needs sharpening!

EDIT: Forgot that this was to be my EE farewell as well!!!

Massive day for the Club and Club officials today.

Superficially, appears incompetence of the highest order. The timing of the decision, lack of liaison, means of communication, absence of apology... You couldn't make it up.

It can't be quite as bad as it seems.......surely. Not our Club.

Probably not as they wouldn't have moved the game now!!

Do other supporters have moments where the club they support are so bloody clueless that they make you wonder who puts these idiots in charge of decisions?

Or is it just a Bristol City thing?

Let's not forget that Notts County FC were every bit as responsible for this change as City are.

Weak.

Bristol City have not provided reasoning why they appear to not understand how to use a calendar.

Let's not forget that Notts County FC were every bit as responsible for this change as City are.

Well, we contacted them. It's the lack of apology that riles me.

Why on earth the clubs didn't talk to each other prior to yesterday is the mystery.

Cotterill must be the man responsible for wanting the change so why wasn't this addressed when he took over back in Nov?

Why on earth the clubs didn't talk to each other prior to yesterday is the mystery.

Cotterill must be the man responsible for wanting the change so why wasn't this addressed when he took over back in Nov?

We probably sent an email.......

Why Nov? The fixtures came out in June. I blame SOD.

can you imagine the fans checking results friday to see how we are affected seeing our result pop up.

happy easter for those that dont find out in time

Putting the rights and wrongs of the decision aside for a moment...

I have already heard/seen this announcement on radio, newspaper, news website, club website, Facebook, Twitter and here.

Yes, an email/text should be sent immediately to our entire database, but making out that people are unlikely to hear about this is quite simply wrong.

Putting the rights and wrongs of the decision aside for a moment...

I have already heard/seen this announcement on radio, newspaper, news website, club website, Facebook, Twitter and here.

Yes, an email/text should be sent immediately to our entire database, but making out that people are unlikely to hear about this is quite simply wrong.

Tbh I couldn't care less if the queen announced it. 8 days before the match is just unacceptable.

That's told them.

Tbh I couldn't care less if the queen announced it. 8 days before the match is just unacceptable.

Of course it is and I have said that in another post.

What part of "putting the right & wrong of the decision aside for a moment" didn't you understand..?

Peoples reactions on here are now starting to get a little bi hysterical and losing credability.

The timing of this decision is wrong, now question about it, but suggesting that the club should compensate a group of holiday makers from sweeden it crazy. They still have their holiday and even Mondays fixture. The club will refund match tickets, end of.

The club have fcuked up here, but are not liable for peoples travel, hotels etc.

A gesture of a free ticket to another game for anyone getting a refund would make for some kind of appology, but that is about as far as it should go imo.

They definitely need to learn and never make this total balls up again though!

I love this forum, I really do.

Bristol City FC make an absolutely monumental cluster **** of a decision and are quite rightly rounded on by all and sundry.

But from out of the gloom come striding the same old posters with the same old agendas.

"Cotterill is to blame" shouts one. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, even if SC did push for this decision to be made, the ultimate call was with the board who could quite easily have explained to Mr Cotterill that the fans have had enough shite to put up with in the last few years, and changing the date of a fixture 8 days in advance, is not on.

But even funnier is the poster showing the most consternation and posting prolifically on this subject, almost certainly wouldn't have been at the game anyway!

Got to love this site!!!

• Admin

I love this forum, I really do.

Bristol City FC make an absolutely monumental cluster fuck of a decision and are quite rightly rounded on by all and sundry.

But from out of the gloom come striding the same old posters with the same old agendas.

"Cotterill is to blame" shouts one. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, even if SC did push for this decision to be made, the ultimate call was with the board who could quite easily have explained to Mr Cotterill that the fans have had enough shite to put up with in the last few years, and changing the date of a fixture 8 days in advance, is not on.

But even funnier is the poster showing the most consternation and posting prolifically on this subject, almost certainly wouldn't have been at the game anyway!

Got to love this site!!!

I think they were due to have a bout of <insert random illness here> on Saturday so the switch to Friday may actually benefit them.

Very true, complaints from people who wouldn't even dream of going. But they'll be away on Friday so they won't be able to chat about "anything but the game in hand" on the "Match Thread"....oh the humanity !

• Admin

I would disagree with this, you are assuming that everyone has access to FB / Twitter or any part of the web, and also live locally enough to hear the radio or read the paper - the club told us earlier this season that they were checking everyone's contact details - now is the time to use it.

I work with a Polish Dr, who just took delight in telling me his son was flying over next Friday and would be seeing his first City game - you can imagine what he reaction was to the news (though will need a tranlator for some of the reply). The craziest thing was he phoned up YESTERDAY for the tickets, surely someone could have warned the ticket staff that there was a possibility of the game moving ??

The trouble is Bar BS3, how many times have we had to say this this season?

Lessons Learned are just not being learnt

Twice I believe. Tickets and now this.

Oh, and family section in Atyeo, back in the summer.

Tickets are now sorted, although not perfect, admittedly.

Lessons definitely learn from Atyeo issues.

This late notice fixture change, through choice, should never happen again. It's not good enough.

On the FootyMad Notts County forum a lot of them can't make it now either. Plus a load of money has been spent on Hotels and travel that will be wasted

Who at the club decides this? They need to see the shit they have caused!!! :grr:

Are these the same Notts County fans who protested on our behalf when City fans were charged more than double the home fans prices for our game up their earlier in the season..?

Oh no, they couldn't have cared less about that at the time.

Very true, complaints from people who wouldn't even dream of going. But they'll be away on Friday so they won't be able to chat about "anything but the game in hand" on the "Match Thread"....oh the humanity !

I was fairly regular at the Gate in the first half of the season. What peed me off most wasn't the shit catering, the unfriendly staff or the poor football - all par for the course with BCFC.

What really put the brass cap on it was postponements because a couple of our bench-warmers were playing for the Unfriendly Islands or Inner Mongolia. Mind you, it was all for the best. Look how brilliantly we did in the rearranged games :doh:

Read some of the posts on this thread to see why a good number of lifelong fans will not be at the Gate next year unless the club wakes up and smells the coffee.

Sorry, unfortunate metaphor there :(

Archived