IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

I have written to DL about this. As one of the silent majority, I am not usually one to voice my concerns so publicly but after sitting and watching the club continue to shoot themselves in the foot this season, I felt the need to act. My letter is copied below; I'll let you know if I get a response.

"As the supporters liaison officer, I am writing to you to inform you of my disappointment and anger at the short notice re-arrangement of the Notts County game to Good Friday.

I am a long time season ticket holder and have made holiday arrangements for the second week of the Easter School holidays; planned for that week so I would arrive home in time to not miss the game. With the re-arrangement, I am now going to miss the match and it does make me seriously question the value of my season ticket for next year if this is the way the club values my custom. I buy a season ticket to save money on pay on the day; with this re-arrangement on top of a couple of other games I have missed for personal and work reasons, I don't see the value in a season ticket.

Surely this decision could have been made months - or even weeks - ago? what has changed in the past couple of days to make this a viable date change now instead of earlier in the season?

I also need to make you aware that this is the first time I have ever felt the need to get in touch with the club with a complaint. I am not one of the permanent whinge brigade; generally I have accepted the club's position on most issues or not really cared enough to get vocal about some poorly judged actions in the past.

The club should be seriously concerned when long term supporters like me, who take the rough with the smooth and let the club get on with managing while I get on with supporting, are so genuinely disenfranchised with the way we are treated that, for the first time in many years, I am unlikely to renew a season ticket. Once I get into the habit of not going to Ashton Gate on a Saturday, it will become easier and easier to slip away.

I really care about Bristol City but I no longer feel the club cares about me or my loyalty. I don't expect the game to be re-scheduled again as a result of this letter but I do expect the decision makers to really think through their decisions and consider the short and long term impact with a lot more diligence than they currently do.

The short term impact for me is that I will be spending time with my 3 sons on holiday while City are playing Notts County and I will be rueing the money I spent on my season ticket - the short term impact for the club is that I won't buy a programme or a hot drink at half-time; the longer term impact is that there are 1 current and 3 potential future season ticket holders who may consider that casual supporting is a better option and that Saturday's don't involve visits to Ashton Gate."

The worst part of it for me is that the club "forgot" this was an issue until the Sheffield United re-arrangement came to light. I know professionals "take it one game at a time" but ffs what do the Administrator's at the club do apart from sitting on their ar$eh0le$ drinking filter coffee? This very issue was brought up in a topic on here weeks ago. And if you change the Management surely you re-visit these types of issues?

I think there should be a 10 minutes boycott of the game everyone go in ten minutes late as a show of disapproval

Yes.... That'll work.

The worst part of it for me is that the club "forgot" this was an issue until the Sheffield United re-arrangement came to light. I know professionals "take it one game at a time" but ffs what do the Administrator's at the club do apart from sitting on their ar$eh0le$ drinking filter coffee? This very issue was brought up in a topic on here weeks ago. And if you change the Management surely you re-visit these types of issues?

I'm not defending the club but can you read? They thought, wrongly, it couldn't be changed beyond the date earlier in the season. No one "forgot".

Boycott is a silly idea IMO. Think the club have got the message loud and clear from the level of dissatisfaction expressed on here and from those who have email DL.

Let's just hope they make sure this never happens again!

Doubt if any will boycott it, but many won't change their plans.

Yes.... That'll work.

I'm not defending the club but can you read? They thought, wrongly, it couldn't be changed beyond the date earlier in the season. No one "forgot".

So am I right thinking that all the fixtures came out in June and only us and Sheff Utd were playing on Easter Saturday instead of Good Friday. Did the club leave it like that in the hope it was going to be a tv match or something? But even then the tv matches were announced months ago, so that can't be it? Only when Sheff Utd applied or a change did we realise we could do the same, staggering.

So am I right thinking that all the fixtures came out in June and only us and Sheff Utd were playing on Easter Saturday instead of Good Friday. Did the club leave it like that in the hope it was going to be a tv match or something? But even then the tv matches were announced months ago, so that can't be it? Only when Sheff Utd applied or a change did we realise we could do the same, staggering.

It's almost like we 'forgot' about the fixture until someone bought it back up again.......

Yes.... That'll work.

Apologies, I mis-interpreted what has happened. Even worse, though, it seems our Adminsitrators do not know the rules and didn't think to check them!!

Doesn't affect me by the way as I'll be there but I can understand the frustrations of supporters when changes are made at this late stage.

Putting the rights and wrongs of the decision aside for a moment...

I have already heard/seen this announcement on radio, newspaper, news website, club website, Facebook, Twitter and here.

Yes, an email/text should be sent immediately to our entire database, but making out that people are unlikely to hear about this is quite simply wrong.

i will give you a typical example, if we have a game at home following xmas day,my brother gets tickets for himself and my mother and takes her out for the day. he is highly unlikely to look at anything football related until the morning of the match to check it hasnt been postponed.

i agree there are various media outlets where the chances are most fans will hear the news but it could and probably will happen to someone  somewhere. id be very surprised if everyone heard about in enough time to rearrange things

SOD didn't want it changed seems to be the reason. God knows why that is. It may be the case that clubs and Sky have different dates before which they can request to change dates, it would make sense.

After the summer 3 games in L1 was to be played on the Saturday - not 2.

Football League got their own homepage and fixturechanges are regullary updated online. I use it regullary.   

http://www.football-league.co.uk/

Just looked at that site and it shows Sheff Utd v Stevenage on the Saturday. That's in conflict with the BBC and Sheff Utd official site.

Archived