IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

It is wrong that a match is rearranged with such little notice, but the Football League, must take a large share of the blame for this.

City were obviously prepared to play Saturday and Monday, as long as Stevenage (Mondays opponent) were doing the same. Once this was not the case, as Sheffield United v Stevenage was moved to Good Friday, City percieved they would be at a disadvantage on Easter Monday, so moved our fixture.

So why have the Football League allowed Sheffield United's match to switch date,outside of its required timescales and why were other clubs not officially advised until this week. as Mr Ed pointed out checking the FL website was pointless as even now it still states that this match takes place next Saturday.

Perhaps, next season there will be a touch of common sense and all fixtures will be scheduled for Good Friday.

I don't have much to add to the statement on the website.

However I completely understand the frustration and anger expressed in this thread, in the many emails I've received and on twitter. I will make sure that all your views, and those of the many other fans who have contacted me, are passed on. We need to make sure this never happens again. 

It is wrong that a match is rearranged with such little notice, but the Football League, must take a large share of the blame for this.

City were obviously prepared to play Saturday and Monday, as long as Stevenage (Mondays opponent) were doing the same. Once this was not the case, as Sheffield United v Stevenage was moved to Good Friday, City percieved they would be at a disadvantage on Easter Monday, so moved our fixture.

So why have the Football League allowed Sheffield United's match to switch date,outside of its required timescales and why were other clubs not officially advised until this week. as Mr Ed pointed out checking the FL website was pointless as even now it still states that this match takes place next Saturday.

Perhaps, next season there will be a touch of common sense and all fixtures will be scheduled for Good Friday.

I've been wondering this. Only thing I can think of is it might be something to do with the FA cup as they will have a fixture that they can't play this weekend.

Personally I was going to chose between this game and the Crawley game. As I am now at work during the Notts County game the choice has been made for me!

However I completely understand the frustration and anger expressed in this thread, in the many emails I've received and on twitter. I will make sure that all your views, and those of the many other fans who have contacted me, are passed on. We need to make sure this never happens again. 

Could it be changed back again?

One query, Dave. Were you consulted before the decision was made?

Hope I can be at Paddington Station 1.30 when the train goes to Bristol Then Im gonna take aTaxi to the gate. Hope there are no trouble to get a ticket to the game when Im late.

Can you drop me an email please? david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk 

They should be offering you a seat in the directors box mate.

After travelling all the way from Sweden he should aim to be a bit more up market than that. Who would want to sit with the loonies who've created the fiasco over the re-arranged date?

We seem to have heard this hollow statement more than enough times this season. Not you fault Dave but should never have happened in the first place.

What I don't get is that we are supposedly a professional football club, that didn't have a full grasp of our own fixture list and what rules surrounded the changing of the fixture. All a bit amateurish don't you think?? I would not expect this from a sunday morning club.

The decision to change the fixture date is 100% acceptable, considering the circumstances (an extra day's rest for the team matches our rival's rest period), but that is NOT what is at question here.

The timing, to change the date, is terrible for both Notts County and Bristol City supporters who have made arrangements already in the weeks & months previous ... and that represents a serious own goal for us.

The article on the web site is not even an apology, let alone an attempt to console supporters of both clubs for the loss of their money for pre-booked hotels, trains & buses for a Saturday fixture.

Just awful by BCFC and shameful.

Archived