IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

I was fairly regular at the Gate in the first half of the season. What peed me off most wasn't the shit catering, the unfriendly staff or the poor football - all par for the course with BCFC.

What really put the brass cap on it was postponements because a couple of our bench-warmers were playing for the Unfriendly Islands or Inner Mongolia. Mind you, it was all for the best. Look how brilliantly we did in the rearranged games :doh:

Read some of the posts on this thread to see why a good number of lifelong fans will not be at the Gate next year unless the club wakes up and smells the coffee.

Sorry, unfortunate metaphor there :(

How did you know that they were talking about you..?!

I'm not overly happy about this switch as I've now missed the chance to get Friday off work, I've missed enough games through work commitments this season as it is, however, people saying the Notts County fans have been screwed over and why haven't they had an apology? ask Notts County Football Club who agreed to the change of date.I can understand City fans wanting answers from the City board for themselves but Notts County FC are just as guilty.

On reflection you are right.  I hope NCFC are apologising to their fans, who will be more impacted by this.  My main point stands though.  Why ever was this game scheduled for the Saturday?  This will explain everything that is happening now.

Tbh I couldn't care less if the queen announced it. 8 days before the match is just unacceptable.

Wouldn't it be great though. Although, knowing City, it would probably be in next year's Christmas broadcast...

Peoples reactions on here are now starting to get a little bi hysterical and losing credability.

The timing of this decision is wrong, now question about it, but suggesting that the club should compensate a group of holiday makers from sweeden it crazy. They still have their holiday and even Mondays fixture. The club will refund match tickets, end of.

The club have fcuked up here, but are not liable for peoples travel, hotels etc.

A gesture of a free ticket to another game for anyone getting a refund would make for some kind of appology, but that is about as far as it should go imo.

They definitely need to learn and never make this total balls up again though!

I suspect from your alias that you walk to the game!  Your lack of empathy for people who have planned, and paid out for, a great weekend away in Bristol perhaps reflects a naivety.  I expect the Sweden "holiday makers" can afford to miss the game.  But that's not the point.  The service from City to those fans is abysmal and unacceptable.

Twice I believe. Tickets and now this.

Oh, and family section in Atyeo, back in the summer.

Tickets are now sorted, although not perfect, admittedly.

Lessons definitely learn from Atyeo issues.

This late notice fixture change, through choice, should never happen again. It's not good enough.

Twice? I think your forgetting many of the fudge ups that have occured this season......

Just off the top of my head......

The Reading friendly

Season ticket arrivals

New turnstile entry problems

So say fixed yet problems continued

Stewards contiuning to ask to see tickets

Notts County re-arrangement

Dont get me wrong, I'm not one to openly have pop at the club but to say there has been only two occurences this season where the club has got it spectacularly wrong is being too kind. The club really have to look at their decision making, customer service and communication policies following this season especially as we are going into two season where there will be a huge amount of disruption 

I suspect from your alias that you walk to the game! Your lack of empathy for people who have planned, and paid out for, a great weekend away in Bristol perhaps reflects a naivety. I expect the Sweden "holiday makers" can afford to miss the game. But that's not the point. The service from City to those fans is abysmal and unacceptable.

As I have aknowledged on several other posts on this thread.

I have full empathy for those who will now miss the game and whose travel/hotel arrangements have been effected.

Bristol City can not be held liable for these costs though, however much they have fcuked up by moving this fixture at such late notice.

People have not been banned from coming to bristol for the weekend! The club are liable for the match tickets only and to suggest otherwise is daft.

On the other hand, that does not mean that they have totally fcuked up here with this late decision and people are understandably annoyed.

"Cotterill is to blame" shouts one. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, even if SC did push for this decision to be made, the ultimate call was with the board who could quite easily have explained to Mr Cotterill that the fans have had enough shite to put up with in the last few years, and changing the date of a fixture 8 days in advance, is not on.

I don't think the board give a shite when games are played - if SC wants the game moved, it will be moved. Exactly the same thing happened earlier in the season with postponed games due to international call-ups, which were SODs call.

Twice? I think your forgetting many of the fudge ups that have occured this season......

Just off the top of my head......

The Reading friendly

Season ticket arrivals

New turnstile entry problems

So say fixed yet problems continued

Stewards contiuning to ask to see tickets

Notts County re-arrangements

3 of those come under the ticket issues and its been explained why stewards check tickets, because of constant fraudulent abuse by some "supporters"

No doubt the club are far from perfect and this late fixture change is totally wrong. No question about that.

When the fixture lists are released in the summer months, each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes. At the time, the incumbent management staff decided it did not wish to switch the fixture. 

In Sky Bet League One, all but two fixtures were switched to Good Friday. 

Sheffield United switched their home game with Stevenage at the end of March, a fact that came to light when the latest PA fixture list was distributed amongst clubs this week. 

That left Bristol City and Notts County as the only clubs playing Saturday-Monday over Easter, putting them at a huge disadvantage against their rivals. 

It was only once the Sheffield United-Stevenage switch was confirmed that Bristol City and Notts County enquired to the Football League as to whether a fixture change could still be made. 

The club fully appreciates this puts pressure on supporters who may have made plans for the Easter weekend, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

At the same time, to give the team the best chance of preparing properly for both Easter games and securing its League One status, it was decided to press ahead with the fixture change. 

Supporters who have purchased match tickets will be able to claim a refund up until kick-off (3pm) on Friday (April 18th). 

Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I don't think the board give a shite when games are played - if SC wants the game moved, it will be moved. Exactly the same thing happened earlier in the season with postponed games due to international call-ups, which were SODs call.

SC's ONLY interest should be what is best for the players. It's the clubs that should have said no, at this late stage.

If fans book arrangements around fixtures on international dates, then they run the risk of hitting changes.

There is NO excuse for changing this future at this short notice. None whatsoever.

On that note, ALL fixtures that are open to the possability of changes due to International call UPS, should be highlighted at the time that fixtures are released. Itvis not something that i can say I have ever considered in advance and should be made clear to help supporters plan in advance.

"When the fixture lists are released in the summer months, each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes." Surely "each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes" is wholly in conflict with what has occurred?". A short time cannot mean many months.

"Sheffield United switched their home game with Stevenage at the end of March, a fact that came to light when the latest PA fixture list was distributed amongst clubs this week." This was actually announced on March 24th (http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140324-fixture-change-1416498.aspx) so it's taken us 17 days to respond to this. Do we really need the PA to send round a fixture list for us to check over before we can see what's happening?

When the fixture lists are released in the summer months, each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes. At the time, the incumbent management staff decided it did not wish to switch the fixture.

Sheffield United switched their home game with Stevenage at the end of March, a fact that came to light when the latest PA fixture list was distributed amongst clubs this week.

That left Bristol City and Notts County as the only clubs playing Saturday-Monday over Easter, putting them at a huge disadvantage against their rivals.

It was only once the Sheffield United-Stevenage switch was confirmed that Bristol City and Notts County enquired to the Football League as to whether a fixture change could still be made.

The club fully appreciates this puts pressure on supporters who may have made plans for the Easter weekend, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

At the same time, to give the team the best chance of preparing properly for both Easter games and securing its League One status, it was decided to press ahead with the fixture change.

Supporters who have purchased match tickets will be able to claim a refund up until kick-off (3pm) on Friday (April 18th).

NEVER make this mistake again. End of.

This statement is the most recent story added to the official site but is considered the 4th most important judging by the size and position on the page. Just about sums up the clubs attitude.

• Admin

"When the fixture lists are released in the summer months, each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes." Surely "each club has a short period to apply to the Football League for changes" is wholly in conflict with what has occurred?". A short time cannot mean many months.

Don't forget that this period is BEFORE they are released in the public domain

3 of those come under the ticket issues and its been explained why stewards check tickets, because of constant fraudulent abuse by some "supporters"

No doubt the club are far from perfect and this late fixture change is totally wrong. No question about that.

The fact that 3 of those incidents come under ticket issues on 3 seperate occasions emphasises my point that 'lessons learned' are clearly not 

As for stewards checking tickets, AFAIK the club said during the season that this practice would not continue yet they are still doing it. The club again should ensure the stewards know this as its clearly an issue for many supporters, myself included. 

No doubt the club are working hard behind the scenes but that should not mask the many PR disasters that have occured this season

Great! I can't make it now. Joke. Especially when they are trying to encourage me to renew my ST.

Why do the fans and the efforts they make to support the club never seem to matter?

Feel bad for the County fans as well but their club would have had to agree with the change.

I know it would never happen but it would be great to get a 100% boycott of a meaningless game to make BCFC see the depth of feeling when you mess the fans around.

We are the club, without us it's nothing....

So a refund for people who bought match tickets and now can't make it. What about my ST? Will I get a refund? Of course not!

Joke

"Sheffield United switched their home game with Stevenage at the end of March, a fact that came to light when the latest PA fixture list was distributed amongst clubs this week." This was actually announced on March 24th (http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140324-fixture-change-1416498.aspx) so it's taken us 17 days to respond to this. Do we really need the PA to send round a fixture list for us to check over before we can see what's happening?

Why would anyone pour over the Sheffield United fixtures on the off chance they have changed their game, especially when they evidently didn't think it was possible?

SC's ONLY interest should be what is best for the players. It's the clubs that should have said no, at this late stage.

If fans book arrangements around fixtures on international dates, then they run the risk of hitting changes.

There is NO excuse for changing this future at this short notice. None whatsoever.

On that note, ALL fixtures that are open to the possability of changes due to International call UPS, should be highlighted at the time that fixtures are released. Itvis not something that i can say I have ever considered in advance and should be made clear to help supporters plan in advance.

The first sentence makes perfect sense but surely from that you would agree that overruling that is a terrible idea, the end game of everyone at the club is to make it successful first and foremost. It's incompetency to not have identified an opportunity to move the match earlier, but it's not wrong. If SC identifies something that is more likely to help City be successful that should override everything IMO.

I know it would never happen but it would be great to get a 100% boycott of a meaningless game to make BCFC see the depth of feeling when you mess the fans around.

We could be 1 point above the relegation zone going into this match...hardly meaningless.

Why don't we campaign for a points deduction as well?

Edit: re reading your quote I appreciate now that you may not be referring to the NC match as a 'meaningless fixture'. Apologies, however....what would be a meaningless fixture?

Why would anyone pour over the Sheffield United fixtures on the off chance they have changed their game, especially when they evidently didn't think it was possible?

It wouldn't take pouring over the fixture list. All it would take is a RSS feed or suchlike/Twitter etc to keep across the news from other clubs. Surely it would be prudent to be aware of your competitors and their actions?

So a refund for people who bought match tickets and now can't make it. What about my ST? Will I get a refund? Of course not!

Joke

I go away next week and return late Friday. Up until yesterday, my plan for Saturday was clear.

Now, as a seson ticket holder and due to the clubs extremely last minute change, I cant make the game and lose out.

They are willing to refund people who purchased a single match day ticket but not season ticket holders.

My final direct debit for this seasons ticket is due on the 22nd April.....maybe, at this late notice, I should cancel my Direct Debit

It wouldn't take pouring over the fixture list. All it would take is a RSS feed or suchlike/Twitter etc to keep across the news from other clubs. Surely it would be prudent to be aware of your competitors and their actions?

It's a nib from another club. Unless someone is employed to sit on NewsNow or Twitter, which I hope they aren't, it's pure chance whether it would get picked up.

We could be 1 point above the relegation zone going into this match...hardly meaningless.

Why don't we campaign for a points deduction as well?

Edit: re reading your quote I appreciate now that you may not be referring to the NC match as a 'meaningless fixture'. Apologies, however....what would be a meaningless fixture?

Yep, I meant boycott another fixture, not this one!

I can't go now as I've said but a meaningless game in my opinion would be against a team that have nothing to play for when we are safe....it just seems to me that our attendance at games is simply taken for granted...

That latest statement still doesn't explain why exactly it took them 10 months to realise it'd be better to have 2 days off than just the 1. Looks like they took the stance of "let's just blame Sheffield United and SOD".

Archived