IGNORED

Academy Category Two Status Confirmed + New Professional Deals Offered...

!james

I thought we were Cat 2 already ?

we had approval on the basis we need to make a couple of improvements which city did so its now granted,

it throws out the window Depthofdispairs constant battering of the club for being shabby and having no long term plan thats for sure,

Jack Batten offered pro a while back, Jamie Horgan only other 2nd year offered pro contract.

All the others are 1st year scholars, Joe Morrell obviously considered best prospect and offered pro contract early, with regards to the other 4, I really can't see why they have been offered pro deals so early, makes sense to leave it till later and keep them "hungry" in my opinion.

Jack Batten offered pro a while back, Jamie Horgan only other 2nd year offered pro contract.

All the others are 1st year scholars, Joe Morrell obviously considered best prospect and offered pro contract early, with regards to the other 4, I really can't see why they have been offered pro deals so early, makes sense to leave it till later and keep them "hungry" in my opinion.

I think its based on that they are still devloping and may may it but not really sure, we leave it late and other clubs can offer them contracts and we get litter compensation for now thanks to the new set up that the prem forced on all clubs (the reason why a fair few teams have shut their acadmenys down)

Can anyone explain the category system?  Is Cat 2 better than Cat 1?  How would we progress to the next category (be that 1 or 3)?

Cat 1 best of the best secures the most funding and can cherry pick the best youngsters for next to no money

Cat 2 can cherry pick from everyone below them not from above

Cat 3 can cherry pick from cat 4

Cat 4 least amount of funding and only take whats left once the other 3 have chosen,

It puts us in a better postion and see us competeing with the lower end of the prem and a few championship clubs for the countrys youngsters,

It will be intresting to see who's got what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Can anyone explain the category system?  Is Cat 2 better than Cat 1?  How would we progress to the next category (be that 1 or 3)?

Cat 1 is the highest, only two clubs outside the Championship have Cat 2 (us/Crewe) - same again really - Cat 1 = better funding, better opposition, more ability to nick players off Cat 2/3 academies and you can go and piss on other peoples turf basically - which is what Southampton do around here.

I'm guessing that  category 1 academies will be mainly premier league clubs and probably the top ones. If so, then why do they need and get the best funding , given that they are already the wealthiest clubs to start with?

I know the bible says that to he that has shall be given more, but in football it does seems that everything is geared to enabling the wealthiest and most powerful clubs to maintain that status and ensure their long term domination of the game.

Apparently Liverpool and Fulham are after academy product aron Davies 16year could leave for a small compensation fee according to the papers surly at 16 if he is that good he should get a pro contract so we get a bigger fee?

have to be 17 for a pro deal I think

Apparently Liverpool and Fulham are after academy product aron Davies 16year could leave for a small compensation fee according to the papers surly at 16 if he is that good he should get a pro contract so we get a bigger fee?

Prem clubs just stack em and rack, they should take a leaf out of Morrel's book and stay put, far more chance of progressing into the U-21's and first team.

Given the rivalry though it's unlikely they'll be allowing their better young uns come to us. The key is to get the best local lads to come to us in the first place.

We don't need them anyway, need to raid Exeter's 21s first, Plymouth, etc

They don't have a choice in the matter under the new EPPP we can take there players off them with little compensation (it would be down to the player not the club) due to we us having a CAt 2 academy and them only having a YTS or something (anyone know what their set up is?)

They don't have a choice in the matter under the new EPPP we can take there players off them with little compensation (it would be down to the player not the club) due to we us having a CAt 2 academy and them only having a YTS or something (anyone know what their set up is?)

It's not quite as simple as that in reality.

There is a poor relationship between the two clubs.

Archived